*Trip Report* Pakistan Int'l 785 (ISB-LHR) Business+ Class (AP-BGJ)

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
shamxa
Registered Member

Re: *Trip Report* Pakistan Int'l 785 (ISB-LHR) Business+ Class (AP-BGJ)

Post by shamxa »

Sherry3002 wrote:[quote="shamzaabbas"

I have to refute this one. The spelling "yoghurt" is correct, per British English spelling.

If anything, props to PIA here for distinguishing (although part of me says that it's more by chance than intentional)

Nevertheless, the spelling in this case is spot on.

Also, Windows Phone OS also lacks capitalisation on its system (all letters are lower case in the options menu, for example). Granted I used to have this that phone about a year ago and it may have changed, but there isn't any "fault" if they want to try a new "style" (once again, it might well be unintentional too).
The fact that I strictly follow British spelling is the reason why I found this correct and didn't address that comment. :D Pretty sure, however, that the distinguishment is unintentional. :P

In regards to capitalisation, that's something that would irritate nitpickers like myself because it's basic English. In a premium cabin, on an international route, as an international airline, it's their duty to ensure that spoken English is fluent and the written English is correct, grammatically or otherwise.[/quote]

True, but take VS for example, in their premium product their menus seem to avoid using formal language. There's a picture in this trip report with an example: http://wwww.airliners.net/aviation-foru ... in/268042/

Plenty of conjoined words, uncharacteristic of a "formal" premium product, but they nail the style pretty well. Granted like I say, the format may well be an error in which case they do need to fix up.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Re: *Trip Report* Pakistan Int'l 785 (ISB-LHR) Business+ Class (AP-BGJ)

Post by Sherry3002 »

shamzaabbas wrote:
Sherry3002 wrote:[quote="shamzaabbas"

I have to refute this one. The spelling "yoghurt" is correct, per British English spelling.

If anything, props to PIA here for distinguishing (although part of me says that it's more by chance than intentional)

Nevertheless, the spelling in this case is spot on.

Also, Windows Phone OS also lacks capitalisation on its system (all letters are lower case in the options menu, for example). Granted I used to have this that phone about a year ago and it may have changed, but there isn't any "fault" if they want to try a new "style" (once again, it might well be unintentional too).
The fact that I strictly follow British spelling is the reason why I found this correct and didn't address that comment. :D Pretty sure, however, that the distinguishment is unintentional. :P

In regards to capitalisation, that's something that would irritate nitpickers like myself because it's basic English. In a premium cabin, on an international route, as an international airline, it's their duty to ensure that spoken English is fluent and the written English is correct, grammatically or otherwise.
True, but take VS for example, in their premium product their menus seem to avoid using formal language. There's a picture in this trip report with an example: http://wwww.airliners.net/aviation-foru ... in/268042/

Plenty of conjoined words, uncharacteristic of a "formal" premium product, but they nail the style pretty well. Granted like I say, the format may well be an error in which case they do need to fix up.[/quote]

Never knew VS did that, thanks for the link.
And indeed, if it is an error (which is likely), it must be corrected.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D