29May PK791 ISB-BHX AP-BGL got diverted to CPH

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

29May PK791 ISB-BHX AP-BGL got diverted to CPH

Post by SaadSaeed »

Through sheer co-incidence I happen to be at the beach near kastrup today and was not expecting Pakistan traffic to be there. Lo and behold this giant takes off infront of me. I scrambled to get flight radar running to find out where it is heading and it turns out it was a diversion from birmingham to copenhagen which was taking off for bhx again. Anyone know what happened? Medical emergency?
Sorry for low quality photos as they were taken from my mobile but thats a PK bird right there.

image hosting over 2mb
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
PIAforME
Registered Member

Re: 29May PK791 ISB-BHX AP-BGL got diverted to CPH

Post by PIAforME »

Yes - AP-BGL diverted. While over Poland it told swedish and danish airspace controllers there was a possible heart attack on board. 64 year old lady.
AP-BGL had btw been in Copenhagen the day earlier as PK771.
Passenger was (alive) carried down the stairs by medical staff/ambulance workers and rushed to a nearby hospital. Passengers husband followed along.
Flight was delayed almost 2 hours. After refueling it left Copenhagen for its original destination Birmingham.
End of story.
PIAforME
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Re: 29May PK791 ISB-BHX AP-BGL got diverted to CPH

Post by SaadSaeed »

PIAforME wrote:Yes - AP-BGL diverted. While over Poland it told swedish and danish airspace controllers there was a possible heart attack on board. 64 year old lady.
AP-BGL had btw been in Copenhagen the day earlier as PK771.
Passenger was (alive) carried down the stairs by medical staff/ambulance workers and rushed to a nearby hospital. Passengers husband followed along.
Flight was delayed almost 2 hours. After refueling it left Copenhagen for its original destination Birmingham.
End of story.
Thank you for the update bro, hope the lady has recovered now. I knew something was up with this plane, instead of taking a right turn it turned sharply towards left on climb and also was unusual time for PK to be there.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED