PIA Inflight Entertainment ISB - CDG

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ali_zaheer20
Registered Member

PIA Inflight Entertainment ISB - CDG

Post by ali_zaheer20 »

Dear Forum Members

I am planning to travel on PK-749 ISB - CDG. Its a 10 hours+ flight via MXP. Can someone share if Inflight Entertainment is available onboard. I am traveling with my son, 4 yrs old :)

Aircraft mentioned in Boeing 777. Thanks
pk757
Registered Member

Re: PIA Inflight Entertainment ISB - CDG

Post by pk757 »

Hi,
well sir to be honest nothing will be serviceable...most MAS3000 IFE systems on our fleet have reboot issues and servers have multiplexing issues, so crews have stopped using them altogether! they do however screen airshow(flight map and GPS info) along with boarding music on all fleet as a standard!

P.S IF YOU are BUSINESS CLASS pax..then there is a probability of an Ipad given out pre loaded with music ,movies and games.
ali_zaheer20
Registered Member

Post by ali_zaheer20 »

Thanks Brother for your response.

Lets hope for the best.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Business Class is the way to go on PIA long haul, because otherwise the IFE doesn't work.

That said, I recently flew PIA and just went to the back to check the state of the cabin. The seats looked fine and TV's were working. I flew AP-BHX and AP-BHW I believe. :D

In Business Class, the iPads handed out have a variety of the newest movies, and a large variety of songs too. Kids movies and games were also available.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

ali_zaheer20
Registered Member

Post by ali_zaheer20 »

The only viable solution then is either to upgrade to business class (not feasible #-o ) or to carry your own ipad with movies, games etc \:D/ .
FKhan722
Registered Member

Post by FKhan722 »

I don't understand why PIA doesn't just remove the screens altogether. Seldom have I ever read a trip report that stated these screens actually work.

They should just remove the screens thereby lowering the weight of the aircraft thereby reducing fuel costs.

They should have Inflight WIFI available to all customers - that way those who want to watch movies, play games etc can connect on their own devices.

An alternative option is for PIA to provide rental IPADS for economy pax, while business pax should continue to receive complimentary ipads

Thanks!!

F. Khan
ali_zaheer20
Registered Member

Post by ali_zaheer20 »

Rental Ipad's is an excellent option. Just read that PIA is already looking into onboard Wifi option.
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

FKhan722 wrote:I don't understand why PIA doesn't just remove the screens altogether. Seldom have I ever read a trip report that stated these screens actually work.

They should just remove the screens thereby lowering the weight of the aircraft thereby reducing fuel costs.

They should have Inflight WIFI available to all customers - that way those who want to watch movies, play games etc can connect on their own devices.

An alternative option is for PIA to provide rental IPADS for economy pax, while business pax should continue to receive complimentary ipads

Thanks!!

F. Khan
And these screess/system add weight to the plane, driving up fuel prices.

a plane logs around 250 hours a month, times that by 20 aircrafts, that's 10,000 hours of airplane flying hundreds of KG of system stuff a month.
aimanhabib
Registered Member

Post by aimanhabib »

Assalam U Alaikum,

I am travelling by PIA Lahore-New York-Lahore in July with my family IN SHAA ALLAH, please advise about the In flight entertainment/Food standards on this LHE-JFK-LHE route, because many people are complaining about PIA's in flight Services, I am seriously considering to get refund & get new booking on Turkish or Etihad.
Please advise so that i can make the right decision within time.

Regards,
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

In my opinion, Etihad would be best because you can avail their pre-clearance facility at Abu Dhabi and not have to wait at CBP once you arrive into the US.

Plus you will have to stop off at Manchester (UK) and its an extra hassle getting on and off the aircraft if you travel with PIA
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

aimanhabib wrote:Assalam U Alaikum,

I am travelling by PIA Lahore-New York-Lahore in July with my family IN SHAA ALLAH, please advise about the In flight entertainment/Food standards on this LHE-JFK-LHE route, because many people are complaining about PIA's in flight Services, I am seriously considering to get refund & get new booking on Turkish or Etihad.
Please advise so that i can make the right decision within time.

Regards,
IFE on my flight to London was working. Apart from snacks, lunch is generally pretty great. If cash is an issue or you want to have a homely feel fly PIA, otherwise splurge a bit and fly the ME3.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D