ISB-SHA flight options?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
bukhari917
Registered Member

ISB-SHA flight options?

Post by bukhari917 »

I have to fly from Islamabad to Shanghai (SHA) for official reasons. One of the option is to fly to Karachi and take Sri Lankan Airlines to PVG. I have travelled Sri Lankan and liked it. It is also cheap (but fare is not the issue actually, that is on company). Plus thing for Sri Lankan is a 16 hours stay in Colombo. I have visa for Colombo and stay will be airline sponsored. -ve point is , I have to take an extra trip to Karachi and also I arrive at Shanghai Pudong Airport which is really far from where I have to go. I am member of OneWorld program and Sri Lankan is part of it.

Another option is Air China, which is relatively costly, but will arrive Shanghai (SHA) which is closer to my destination. I have never on Air China. I arrive Beijing via Karachi and after 3 hours I have flight to Shanghai. I am also member of Star Alliance and Air China part of it.

3rd option is China Southern to SHA via Urumqi with about 17 hours in Urumqi and I am not sure if Airline will sponsor my transit. I don't really like to be on China Southern. Never been but this is just the feeling.

Qatar Airways is also an option, quite cheap too, but 17 hours in Doha and the airline says they won't sponsor and therefore I am not interested. They are also OneWorld member.

Etihad is another option, cheap but about 17 hours in UAE.. Been in UAE number of times and not interested.

Emirates will fly to PuDong and has a very small transit time but they are costly and also arriving Pudong like all other international airlines.

PIA to Beijing and the Air China to Shanghai (SHA) is also an option but costly again. Also I am not trying to go for it because there is no IFE in PIA for about 6 hours flight.

What would you suggest in this case?
iTechno8
Registered Member

Re: ISB-SHA flight options?

Post by iTechno8 »

How about taking Thai Airways Islamabad - Bangkok - Shanghai, about a 5 hour stay in Bangkok?
Let's shoot across the sky..
https://youtube.com/iTechno8