TRIP REPORT. (Lhe-Dxb-Dus-Lhr-Dxb-Lhe) by Emirates airline and British Airways

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Omairi7
Registered Member

TRIP REPORT. (Lhe-Dxb-Dus-Lhr-Dxb-Lhe) by Emirates airline and British Airways

Post by Omairi7 »

Dear All,
As I shared my tour plan earlier in different posts, here is a very small report of my extensive travelling. I Love travelling and always trying to enjoy every bit of it.
Reason of my travel was business meeting and exhibition. This trip was supposed to be done by my Father but he is busy in travelling to Canada and Americas.
My travel plan includes Emirates Airline from Lahore to Dusseldorf via Dubai in J, British Airways from Dusseldorf to London Heathrow in Club Europe, Emirates Airline from London Heathrow to Lahore via Dubai in J.

04th March Lhe to Dxb: A6-EBP (B77W) Emirates Airline EK623
04th March Dxb to Dus: A6-EER (A380) Emirates Airline EK55
5th March Dus to Lhr: G-EUPA (A319) British Airways BA941
6th March Lhr to Dxb: A6-EEA (A380) Emirates Airlines EK 08
6th March Dxb to Lhe: A6-END (B77W) Emirates Airline EK 622

Total Distance as per my calculation is 15000 kms.
On 04th March, as planned I went to airport in late hours around 1am to avoid rush but instead I had to be in queue for every step of flying onwards. 5 flights at that time and around 1000 passengers.
After security clearance I went to boarding and found rather jolly person behind boarding counter who welcomed me with big smile. Lot of mess in Immigration Lines and it took almost 1 hour.
Boarding was about to begin when I entered in waiting lounge.
Emirates aircraft was waiting there. Like always I was warmly welcome with my name and purser guided me to my seat. Comfortable seat and ample legroom. OJ was served and after that I slept for at least 2 hrs. I was so tired that I never noticed about the journey. I did take coffee with pastries.

Sorry for the pictures as I was so tired that I don’t want to use my mobile phones.
I never realized how quickly we landed in Dubai before time. Before landing all the passengers got Fast track cards so they can easily pass through queues in immigration or security checks for Connections.

It was my luck that plane docked in to the same terminal from where my next flight to Dusseldorf was due to fly and I had around 2 hr 20 min in flight. I went into the Emirates lounge and the lounge was very huge, beautiful and breezy. Breakfast was serving at that time in buffet and I only enjoy hot chocolate with pastries as I was expecting lot of food in upcoming flight to Dusseldorf.

Finally the announcement made and I went into aircraft. Smiles and welcome. I take my seat 23K and got comfortable. OJ was served and I requested Ginger Ale too. Flight was fully packed in J and even in First too. One interesting thing happened during takeoff that flight stays at lower altitude for bit longer time and lots of air traffic passing through. Lots of rough air in this area gives jolts as well. Big A380 slowly climbs and meet its level. Breakfast serve after 45 min and it was very tasty. Cold cuts and cheese slices, fresh fruits, OJ, Warm Croissant and Cappuccino in last. I start watching movies and spending time on emirates best feature IFE “ICE”. Little walk around the cabin, went downstairs and have some discussions with fellow passengers. I ate different types of desserts in Bar Area which were very tasty.
Lunch was served 2 hours before landing. Everything was very tasty and I enjoyed a lot.

Finally captain gives some announcement about weather in Dusseldorf and landing details. Weather was very rough and there was snow storm at that time. It was very windy outside and landing was quite bumpy. Plane lands 10 min late of schedule. Plane came to rest at the dock and we went to immigration hall where long queues welcomed us. Lots of questions were asked at immigration due to geopolitical situation and security measures. My turns came after 50 mins (after entering in immigration hall)
2 Questions and my passport were stamped. I was all free to get my luggage and get my chauffer drive to hotel Novotel Dusseldorf. After spending an hour I went to exhibition hall.

Next day I checked out and went to exhibition hall again with my luggage. After meeting and exhibition I went to airport 2 hr before flight as airport is very close to Messe Dusseldorf (Exhibition center)and Here comes the bad luck when my taxi driver hit the car on signal without noticing using his tracking device: D. Because of I already checked in a night before which saved some time so I only drop my bag and went to security. At immigration i again welcomed by lots of question even though my brief stay in Schengen state was limited to 27 hrs. Anyways After satisfying the immigration officer I went into waiting lounge. Plane already arrived and I ready for departure back to London. Flight time was 55 min and it was smooth flight. After reaching London Heathrow T5 I came out and got a taxi to Heathrow Hotel Bath Road which was very near around 10 min drive right next to 27R runway.

Next morning my chauffer came at 5:40 am pick up time from hotel to airport for my next flight from London Heathrow to Dubai and onwards to Lahore. It took 10 min and I was in Heathrow T3. It was early hours and so much calmness around. I got free from boarding in 5 min. After security and other formalities I did some shopping for my kids and went into spacious Emirates Lounge. Hot Breakfast Buffet was served and it was very tasty.
Flight to Dubai was on time and I went into plane with older IFE system A6-EEA. Captain announcement were made and we wait for De-icing as temperature was around 0 at the time of boarding.

Flight time was 6 hrs 20 min and plane climbed very quickly into clouds. Again J class was packed. I slept after breakfast for an hour and lunch was served around 2 hrs before landing. Lunch was tasty. I went for a walk in lower deck again and came back due to lots of rough air turbulence. Plane lands on time and again my luck was with my side as plane was docked into Terminal B from where my Lahore flight was due. So I only need to pass the security. Rush hour was started at Dubai and lots of hustle bustles going on. I did some shopping again and went to gate to catch lhe flight. For the first time I enjoyed Lahore flight a lot as the crew was mixture of Indians, Pakistanis and British. Indians and Pakistan crew members were making fun of English crew and taunting them for slow working. All in all it was great experience talking with crew. They offered me chocolates and different drinks (non alcoholic) while I was talking with them in Galley. Flight time was around 2 hr 30 min.
Dinner was the best ever meal I was ever served on flights. After dinner I went into sleep mode and found the plane descending towards Lahore. Too bad to see the most enjoyable flight ends so quickly.
Plane landed at Lahore on time at smaller runway. As I was travelling in J with only 1 bag and carry bag pack it won’t take long for me to come out from airport.
Laughing and typing this report of 15000 kms in 3 days and still feeling jet lag due to extreme weather change .
This is my first report and I hope you guys will like it. If you found any mistakes or better ideas how to write report. Please share and I will be more than happy for your comments.
I have some pictures but i will edit this post and add pictures after 2,3 days.
Thank you and Regards…
Last edited by Omairi7 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
riz
Registered Member

Re: TRIP REPORT. (Lhe-Dxb-Dus-Lhr-Dxb-Lhe) by Emirates airline and British Airways

Post by riz »

:worthless_without_pics:
R 1 z .

PK > EK. EI ED FZ WY B6 G9 EY NL QR GF TG PF.
raihans
Registered Member

Re: TRIP REPORT. (Lhe-Dxb-Dus-Lhr-Dxb-Lhe) by Emirates airline and British Airways

Post by raihans »

excellent read of your short TRs, looking forward for pics

Riz, don't worry you can watch these birds daily.

here are a few of them i got

Emirates - A380-861 - A6-EEA by Raihan S.R. Bakhsh, on Flickr

Emirates - B777-31HER - A6-END by Raihan S.R. Bakhsh, on Flickr
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

A great pleasure to read the report. Interesting to read your experience and I look forward to seeing the photos.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

:worthless_without_pics: Well not Worthless , Amazing TR.
Jumbo is just not a plane, it's a legacy !
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Fantastic TR =D> - enjoyed reading it - hope to see also some pics soon :D
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

[img]http://a_C:\Users\ALLAH\Desktop\New%20folder[/img]

At Lhe Airport, Ready for Take Off
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

So finally i am uploading some pictures from my trip, due to very poor speed of my internet it takes lot of time to upload them. Sorry for the quality.

At Lahore Airport

EY A330-200 at Lahore Airport

Breakfast served.(pic taken by my fellow passenger)

Lots of Leg Space..
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Emirates Business Class Lounge , Concourse 3 at Dubai International Airport

Enroute Dxb-Dus

Getting Comfortable on Seat 23K

Enroute
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Flying above the clouds at FL400

Landed at Dus in Snow Storm. It was severely cold outside.

EK Whale delayed at Dusseldorf (waiting for my British Airways flight to London Heathrow)

I am ready. :thumbs_up:

I love 77Ws. Saudi 777-300 from Jeddah.
Plane Spotting at London Heathrow T3.

Here comes the Big Whale again from Dxb as EK 7. 15 min ahead of Schedule.

Somewhere over Turkey
jdflyer
Registered Member

Post by jdflyer »

Fantastic trip report. Thanks for sharing!
mohsin habib
Registered Member

Post by mohsin habib »

Loved it ! :thumbs_up:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

mohsin habib wrote:Loved it ! :thumbs_up:
jdflyer wrote:Fantastic trip report. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Friends :)....
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Great photos. Keep it up :thumbs_up:
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Abrardh1
Registered Member

Post by Abrardh1 »

10/10 trip report a pleasure to read.
Hope to see more in the future.

May i ask what exhibition was it?
Abrar Din Hussain