Your Preferred Airline of Travel? (Domestic & International)

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.

Your preferred airline of travel? (Domestic + International)

Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)
34%
airblue
9%
Shaheen Air
No votes
Other (Please state)
No votes
Pakistan International Airlines
23%
airblue
2%
Shaheen Air
No votes
Qatar Airways
7%
Emirates
11%
Etihad Airways
2%
Turkish Airlines
7%
China Southern
No votes
Air China
No votes
Thai Airways
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 44

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Your Preferred Airline of Travel? (Domestic & International)

Post by Sherry3002 »

Hi guys,

I created this poll to see which airline is the preferred airline of travel, both domestically and internationally.

The first 4 options are for domestic flights (PIA, airblue, Shaheen or other)

The rest of the options are for International travel.

You are allowed two choices, one domestic and one internationally. Please do vote, lets see who wins.
Last edited by Sherry3002 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

raihans
Registered Member

Re: Your Preferred Airline of Travel? (Domestic & International)

Post by raihans »

i voted for PIA both on Domestic & International sectors
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
shamxa
Registered Member

Post by shamxa »

Oman air internationally (my "other").

Wonder if IR will try to play the game in Pakistan soon? (on a competitive basis)
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Airblue and Emirates.
GrandSlam
Registered Member

Post by GrandSlam »

On domestic flights I have always travelled on PIA and wll always travel on PIA..Internationally i have been using either Emirates or PIA depending on where I am travelling..
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Too bad those avoiding Airblue, not sure how its now but first few years it was a good as a foreign airline, what a meal service they had in economy class, all nestle products, chinaware, high quality clear plastic disposable glass, high quality frosted plastic cutlery, high quality wrapping of PA branded items, compact serving tray, catering by Gate Gourmet, we had sweet and sour chicken with veggie fried rice, local option was chapli kebab and a dry aloo bhujia, the potatoes were diced into tiny cubes looked fantastic.

The plastic cutlery PIA give in Business class is like the substandard crap one gets when you order take away food from cheapo restaurants.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

CoyBoy wrote:Too bad those avoiding Airblue, not sure how its now but first few years it was a good as a foreign airline, what a meal service they had in economy class, all nestle products, chinaware, high quality clear plastic disposable glass, high quality frosted plastic cutlery, high quality wrapping of PA branded items, compact serving tray, catering by Gate Gourmet, we had sweet and sour chicken with veggie fried rice, local option was chapli kebab and a dry aloo bhujia, the potatoes were diced into tiny cubes looked fantastic.

The plastic cutlery PIA give in Business class is like the substandard crap one gets when you order take away food from cheapo restaurants.
Cheap cutlery and Styrofoam bowls are a let down. I however never found airblue better than an ultra low cost carrier. I got a packet of nimko on my KHI-ISB flight, the cabin crew could have been better, though the plane was great.

PIA I guess has been around for much longer and is much more famous and relied on. I was at the airport today to pick up a friend from Urumqi and the airport was deserted. Shows how much PIA makes a difference.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Airblue was good from 2004 to around 2006, when did you fly them, oh and they had IFE too via fold down TV screen from ceiling, showed a mystery show on UFO's and the urdu channel had some comedy going on.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

CoyBoy wrote:Airblue was good from 2004 to around 2006, when did you fly them, oh and they had IFE too via fold down TV screen from ceiling, showed a mystery show on UFO's and the urdu channel had some comedy going on.
I flew them back in 2012. Perhaps they are better now? They had drop downs in my flight too. Too bad they only played some Urdu sitcom.

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

No they are not the same, the first couple of years of their service were just amazing, then they went low cost, first the chinaware went from Y class, then they snack box replaced meals, then J class was dropped. They had J meal pics at airlinemeals.net site but they have been removed.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Sad to hear. There's a lot of potential for Pakistani airlines, especially with the current situation.

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

So far PIA seems to have a clear majority :D

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Yes astonished, wouldnt spend a cent on them.
GrandSlam
Registered Member

Post by GrandSlam »

Most of the people are voting for PIA and why not this website is on PIA and most of us I personally think love our airline..my family travelled with Air Blue thrice and in all 3 occasions on the return sectors their flight was cancelled.So for us Air Blue is a big NO
Air Blue must be providing Better services back in 2006 but don't forget back in those days PIA was in a much better state compared to what it is now..Comparing 2016 PIA with a 2006 is not a very honest comparison
cashy
Registered Member

Post by cashy »

For last ten years PIA was/is my preferred Airline Both domestic & Internationally, specially domestic after having bad experience with local private airlines & Kuwait Airways.