AP-BFY last flight to be held tomorrow

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
raihans
Registered Member

Re: AP-BFY last flight to be held tomorrow

Post by raihans »

I wish CAA allowed Pakistani spotters to be on board Foxtrot Yankee, to make this flight a true historic in PIA's history with such a long journey of Boeing 747 [-o<
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

aviator773 wrote:Come on Abdus. I was over excited after reading your comment but anyway I just got to know it will depart as per the schedule which is tomorrow. I am sure you can't possibly miss on this Queen. Be ready for tomorrow . It will depart between 1 and 3 pm. Do capture it. Goodluck.
I highly doubt i will be able to catch it because Naam ke winters at Khi are over and the winter winds are gone and 25 is active. I'll need some miraculous winter winds tomorrow for Takeoff from 07 .Do pray guys :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Jumbo is just not a plane, it's a legacy !
aviator773
Registered Member

Post by aviator773 »

747-300 wrote:
aviator773 wrote:Come on Abdus. I was over excited after reading your comment but anyway I just got to know it will depart as per the schedule which is tomorrow. I am sure you can't possibly miss on this Queen. Be ready for tomorrow . It will depart between 1 and 3 pm. Do capture it. Goodluck.
I highly doubt i will be able to catch it because Naam ke winters at Khi are over and the winter winds are gone and 25 is active. I'll need some miraculous winter winds tomorrow for Takeoff from 07 .Do pray guys :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Well lets just hope Abdus that it does takeoff tomorrow. Will definitely capture it in the best possible way.

Do update if there is any change in its departure.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Naam kay winters is so true, got fans running on full today, two days back was using a sweater.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Why are they flying BFY to Lahore.

I thought all the aluminum melting plants were in Karachi.

Lets hope it does not crash on the way, must be in bad shape.

They should have scrapped it like the others before it.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Amaad Lone wrote:They should have scrapped it like the others before it.
I agree.

I find it strange that PIA is planning to use this Boeing 747 for ground training purpose at Lahore. It will not be easy to keep such a large aircraft in good looking condition for a cash-strapped airline like PIA. The 747 will most likely rot away with the passage of time and I think eventually it will get scrapped at Lahore.

A retired Boeing 737-300 could have been used for ground training purpose at Lahore. The 737 airframe due to its smaller size would have been easier & economical to maintain.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

There is no real reason to park this Aircraft at Lahore, Until there is some political pressure, and i am sure there is. Also, PIA should sell ticket of this flight through auction just to check and see how much money they will get by '747 enthusiast society of Pakistan'. And i would say approx 100 seats should be given to employees and families for non-rev travel.

Also, i have one suggestion, if flight is delayed enough to fly till January 2016, that will symbolize solid 40 years of 747 service for PIA from 1976 till 2016.
Fortune favours brave.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Its a stored.out of service aircraft thats not certified to carry passengers anymore, nothing to celebrate even if it performs the flight in April when first 747 came to PIA, had it been commercially active all these months it would have been different, with a flight in January marking that period of active use.
aviator773
Registered Member

Post by aviator773 »

Well this aircraft was to be scrapped in Karachi also so in my opinion its better to scrap it in Lahore after 3-4 years. At least it will be first time in the history of PIA engineering that it will train all its trainees on a 747. Secondly all the students would be utilized at 747 easily although I do agree that maintaining this giant won't be easy at all.

And btw AP-BFY is not coming today too. :(
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

today my brother informed me that PIA staff said that AP-BFY flight number PK8304 hope fly from KHI to LHE only pilot S M Qasim but PIA staff and my brother are holiday not in Lahore. Anyone or HOP Abbas or you can go to LHE airport to look AP-BFY arrive or park but sorry don't know what time Dep and Arr?
747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

So as my fate decided , i didn't knew about the flight cancellation i was rotting in the sun for 2 hours for the fear it might takeoff while i was downstairs. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
But on the positive side i got Pizza :D
aviator773
Registered Member

Post by aviator773 »

umar744 wrote:today my brother informed me that PIA staff said that AP-BFY flight number PK8304 hope fly from KHI to LHE only pilot S M Qasim but PIA staff and my brother are holiday not in Lahore. Anyone or HOP Abbas or you can go to LHE airport to look AP-BFY arrive or park but sorry don't know what time Dep and Arr?
Well thank you for the information but it is not taking off even today. God knows when will it takeoff now. Maybe tomorrow or maybe after a week or month, no clue of that now.
Would it be possible for you to get some update on this from Captain S M Qasim?
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

my brother work network and his colleague work PIA reservation ticketing office in Lahore airport and they saw telex message AP-BFY PK8304 expect fly to LHE but unfortunately I have no idea for Capt. S M Qasim. in KHI you need go to flight operation office and ask for AP-BFY when what time date fly to LHE more information sorry
747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

Update ? One friend told me pilots aren't satisfied and are reluctant towards flying BFY.
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

any revised date for the departure....