Airblue coming back to MAN?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Yasir Airways
Registered Member

Airblue coming back to MAN?

Post by Yasir Airways »

hey guys, hope all good?

On Airblue's facebook page, they've stated that "Manchester coming soon", one of their fans asked them, which a/c will be used on this route...

They replied "Definitely with our new fleet induction for the new destinations, stay tuned"

is that mean, they're getting some wide bodied a/c too?
Thank You

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Airblue coming back to MAN?

Post by Abbas Ali »

Airbus A330 I guess.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

Abbas Ali wrote:Airbus A330 I guess.

Abbas
But A330 is being usedon Jeddah-Lahore sector?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

They can get more leased A330s. Maybe dry leased A330 in full airblue livery.

Should be non-stop flight between Pakistan and Manchester without any technical/refueling stop.

Abbas

See you at:
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

How was the load on the MAN sector?

Who would want to fly Airblue in an A320 narrow body jet for 8 hours? *shudder* :|
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

t_kaay
Registered Member

Post by t_kaay »

Sherry3002 wrote:How was the load on the MAN sector?

Who would want to fly Airblue in an A320 narrow body jet for 8 hours? *shudder* :|
I flew a few times with them via Turkey and although it wasn't the most comfortable experience with respect to non existent ife and tight seats, it was much less cost than PIA and more baggage allowance. Flights were pretty busy when I travelled. Their cabin crew were rubbish though. I wouldn't travel again with them, rather stick to middle eastern carriers or PIA if I had no choice.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

t_kaay wrote: I flew a few times with them via Turkey and although it wasn't the most comfortable experience with respect to non existent ife and tight seats, it was much less cost than PIA and more baggage allowance. Flights were pretty busy when I travelled. Their cabin crew were rubbish though. I wouldn't travel again with them, rather stick to middle eastern carriers or PIA if I had no choice.
Ah thanks. Always wanted to hear what Airblue was like on these routes. Most people would choose larger carriers like Emirates or direct connections with PIA.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

t_kaay
Registered Member

Post by t_kaay »

Sherry3002 wrote:
t_kaay wrote: I flew a few times with them via Turkey and although it wasn't the most comfortable experience with respect to non existent ife and tight seats, it was much less cost than PIA and more baggage allowance. Flights were pretty busy when I travelled. Their cabin crew were rubbish though. I wouldn't travel again with them, rather stick to middle eastern carriers or PIA if I had no choice.
Ah thanks. Always wanted to hear what Airblue was like on these routes. Most people would choose larger carriers like Emirates or direct connections with PIA.
The majority of UK based passengers prefer PIA because of the direct flight and baggage allowance. Personally I have found that Emirates is a better passenger experience, with the stop over in Dubai an added bonus. Stay a couple of nights in Dubai for an additional few pounds. If Airblue start a direct UK to Pakistan flight it would be good for prices as I am sure PIA would feel the competition.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Post by Vaqar Khan »

I flew Air Blue from Manchester to Lahore in March 2013, when they had two Airbus 340s (AP-EDE and AP-EDF). The routing was MAN-ISB-LHE. Passengers for Lahore stayed on board during the brief stop over at Islamabad. The cabin interior was OK, though IFE had not been installed till then (I understand that the two aircraft did have IFE installed later). The in flight service was passable, but then you get what you pay for. It was substantially cheaper than PIA or any other airline. The flight I was on was completely full (just over 50% passengers disembarked at ISB). Air Blue even started the A340 service for Birmingham but only after a couple of weeks pulled out of the UK altogether and returned the two A340s to lessor.
Umair94
Registered Member

Post by Umair94 »

I really wonder why every Pakistani carrier goes into Manchester, the fact that there is a large pakistani community it might be a good a good decision. However, I still think that carriers such as Airblue can get a competitive advantage over PIA on routes such as Frankfurt, Amsterdam and a few other EU airports.

Operating twice a week on such routes can really enhance their operations
All The Way, It's PIA
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Umair94 wrote:I really wonder why every Pakistani carrier goes into Manchester, the fact that there is a large pakistani community it might be a good a good decision. However, I still think that carriers such as Airblue can get a competitive advantage over PIA on routes such as Frankfurt, Amsterdam and a few other EU airports.

Operating twice a week on such routes can really enhance their operations
I've highlighted this very often. PIA should restart FRA and AMS..
t_kaay wrote: The majority of UK based passengers prefer PIA because of the direct flight and baggage allowance. Personally I have found that Emirates is a better passenger experience, with the stop over in Dubai an added bonus. Stay a couple of nights in Dubai for an additional few pounds. If Airblue start a direct UK to Pakistan flight it would be good for prices as I am sure PIA would feel the competition.
I think, though Emirates is better, PIA is the best option for many people since it's direct. I personally prefer PIA since I find it okay in Business. It saves me an extra 5-7 hours :D

shamxa
Registered Member

Post by shamxa »

Real talk though: does anyone know why they pulled out?
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

shamzaabbas wrote:Real talk though: does anyone know why they pulled out?
I think the demand was decreasing and it was proving too costly and loss making. They found better routes for the A321 and retired the A340. Cost cutting maybe?

shamxa
Registered Member

Post by shamxa »

Sherry3002 wrote:
shamzaabbas wrote:Real talk though: does anyone know why they pulled out?
I think the demand was decreasing and it was proving too costly and loss making. They found better routes for the A321 and retired the A340. Cost cutting maybe?
Perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised if they tread lightly at first with just a seasonal route tbh
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Old memories of airblue Manchester flights.

Airline announcing daily flights from Islamabad to Manchester with Airbus A320 family aircraft starting from December 15, 2007.

Airbus A340 flights for Manchester from Lahore & Islamabad.

Abbas

See you at: