Court Stops Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation from Work for 15 Days

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Court Stops Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation from Work for 15 Days

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources, Supreme Court of Pakistan has stopped Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation Capt. Shujaat Azeem from work for fifteen days. The court is hearing contempt of court case against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on the appointment of Mr. Azeem.

Back in July 2013, Mr. Azeem had to resign as Advisor to the Prime Minister on Aviation after Supreme Court questioned his appointment because he was court-martialed and dual nationality (Canadian & Pakistani) holder. He was appointed as Advisor to the Prime Minister on Aviation in June 2013.

Later in January 2014, Mr. Azeem was appointed as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation and a new case started in the court against his appointment.

Next hearing of this case is set for January 11 on which Attorney General is expected to submit detailed reply explaining appointment of Mr. Azeem.

Mr. Azeem also summoned through notice to appear in the court on January 11.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
pk363
Registered Member

Re: Court Stops Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation from Work for 15 Days

Post by pk363 »

In fact justic iftikhar and NS had a deal that azeem wont be appointed as long as former was cj. Azeem was appointed as soon cj retired \:D/
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Re: Court Stops Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation from Work for 15 Days

Post by furqan_haider »

pk363 wrote:In fact justic iftikhar and NS had a deal that azeem wont be appointed as long as former was cj. Azeem was appointed as soon cj retired \:D/
Let the SAVE NS war begin...
P.S: this forum must remain non-political...
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

So what if he's a dual national? He's actually doing something for the CAA/PIA.

Why was he court-martialed?
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ As far as I know, in Pakistan dual nationality holders cannot hold position that give them access to sensitive information about Pakistan or its sensitive installations. Airfields and aviation are considered as sensitive/prohibited areas in Pakistan.

Personally, I'm against dual nationality. Either you're Pakistani or foreign national. People who opt to get foreign nationality/passport should automatically loose their Pakistani nationality/passport. There are many countries which do not allow dual nationality.

Abbas

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

India dosent allow dual national, and I agree Pakistan should abolish this as well.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

When I got my Chinese Nationality I had to drop my Pakistani nationality and had to sign a paper stating that if I become a dual national I will loose my Chinese Nationality

Note The Mainland Chinese and Hong Kong Chinese nationality is different and I am a Hong Kong Chinese Passport holder
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Mr. Azeem was present in a meeting between Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and representatives of various PIA employees unions in Islamabad today. Chairman PIA Nasser NS Jaffer was also present.

Abbas

See you at:
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

I have seen many PIA pilot have dual passport Pakistani and Canadian but I am surprised Pak Govt changed policy rules but what about USA and UK?
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

umar744 wrote:I have seen many PIA pilot have dual passport Pakistani and Canadian but I am surprised Pak Govt changed policy rules but what about USA and UK?
They haven't changed any law. You can still be a dual national as a UK national.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

jam2k94
Registered Member

Post by jam2k94 »

The issue of Mr. Azeem is not the dual nationality but the Court Marshal. One of ARY program i.e. "Power play" had shown that he was having some charges which includes some thing related to a women (entertaining a lady guest in bachelor officer quarter) which he accepted during the court marshal. Whole details of the court marshal can be viewed in below link: -

Jamshed Ahmad
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

After observation made by the Supreme Court of Pakistan, Mr. Shujaat Azeem has resigned as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation, according to news channels. The Supreme Court had stopped Mr. Azeem from taking decisions on matters related to Aviation Division.

According to a spokesperson for Mr. Azeem, civil aviation in Pakistan showed improvements due to efforts made by Mr. Azeem. He had accepted honorary post of special assistant and was not taking salary.

Mr. Azeem through his lawyer will fight his case in the court.

Abbas

See you at:
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Abbas Ali wrote:After observation made by the Supreme Court of Pakistan, Mr. Shujaat Azeem has resigned as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation, according to news channels. The Supreme Court had stopped Mr. Azeem from taking decisions on matters related to Aviation Division.

According to a spokesperson for Mr. Azeem, civil aviation in Pakistan showed improvements due to efforts made by Mr. Azeem. He had accepted honorary post of special assistant and was not taking salary.

Mr. Azeem through his lawyer will fight his case in the court.

Abbas
NO!! Hope is lost if the court rules out people like this :(

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

In a press conference today, Mr. Shujaat Azeem informed about court martial and efforts made by him to improve Pakistani civil aviation & PIA:

In 1976, he had decided to resign from Pakistan Air Force (PAF) where he was a fighter pilot. Later (in 1979?) he was court martialed and dismissed for insubordination because he reported/arrived late. The reporting time was 7:15 but he arrived about one hour and fifteen minutes later at 8:30. A reporter asked for details of court martial charges and then Mr. Azeem also mentioned entertaining a female guest as a charge against him.

He was working as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation on honourary basis and was not taking salary. He has resigned from this post and now it's up to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif whether he accepts his resignation or not.

Civil aviation in Pakistan had begun showing improvements.

New aviation policy introduced.

Through contacts/connections new ILS installed at Lahore Airport and cobus airport apron buses added in PIA inventory. The ILS and and cobuses were gifts.

Number of aircraft increased from 18 to 38 in PIA fleet. Two more aircraft to be added by the end of this year.

PIA flights punctuality increased to 82 percent.

PIA financial health improved and the airline began to earn profit (operating profit?).

Work pace at New Islamabad International Airport increased. Nintey-five percent of work completed. Number of boarding bridges increased from nine to fifteen for future growth of air traffic at the airport.

Planned improvement of terminal buildings of airports in Peshawar, Quetta and Faisalabad. Quetta Airport to have boarding bridges.

He said that Pakistan Air Line Pilots' Association (PALPA) is a welfare organisation for pilots but it has become a party.

Abbas

See you at:
zainman88
Registered Member

Post by zainman88 »

Wow what a shame. I think this person had genuine intentions and PK and CAA were definitely improving.