DAWN NEWS | Is PIA salvable?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Re: DAWN NEWS Is PIA salvable?

Post by Pakistan-1 »

The solution is to fire all Union staff and hire people on contracts
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
dreamliner99
Registered Member

Re: DAWN NEWS Is PIA salvable?

Post by dreamliner99 »

Many airlines such as Ryanair don't hire employees that have union ties. The way forward.
Yasir Airways
Registered Member

Re: DAWN NEWS | Is PIA salvable?

Post by Yasir Airways »

Well Ryanair does that! And I am on the crew link contract for 3 years. But I just want to remind you that PIA is a full service airline, they have to have a HR whereas Ryanair is low cost airline and they always look for things to keep the costs down as much as possible and survive on onboard foods/beverages.

Yes PIA can hire new people on contract or seasonal contract basis, would be beneficial for them :) .
dreamliner99
Registered Member

Post by dreamliner99 »

I'm not criticising, yes Ryanair is a low cost airline, but many other carriers that aren't budget also use this practise. Unions have done no good to PIA.
Yasir Airways
Registered Member

Post by Yasir Airways »

oh yes, definitely, i would agree with you on this! the main issue with PIA is over-staffing. they need to focus on them first!.

At the moment Ryanair is short of Crews in specifically at MAN, this is where i am based at, plus they're rapidly expanding at MAN with introducing 9 more destinations for summer 2016 and as far as i heard from my Base Supervisor, he says, more cabin crew are expected to join us in near future!

P.S. I ve already reached just over 600 hours already, 300 more to go.