Malaysia Airlines avoiding Pak air space?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
imiakhtar
Registered Member

Re: Malaysia Airlines avoiding Pak air space?

Post by imiakhtar »

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. If you find that offensive then you need to man up.

Iranian ATS charges can be found somewhere here:

http://www.airport.ir/home

Pakistan ats charges on the caa pakistan website.

I don't speak/read persian so I can't find the relevant page in english.

Iran CAA also seems to be using a picture of a PIA 747 jumbo on its homepage
Feel free to add me to your MSN!
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

What a smartass, not interested in charges, all I can se is only Mh avoiding flying over Pakistan, doubt they are that broke.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Apparently, Malaysia-based AirAsia X did not see/feel such threat and wet leased its two A330s (9M-XXD & 9M-XXG) to Pakistan's PIA.

The two AirAsia X A330s performed PIA flights to/from Pakistani airports including Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore.

9M-XXG seen approaching Karachi Airport as a PIA flight in August 2015.
PIA (Air Asia X) - A330-300 - 9M-XXG -OPKC by abdus sattar00, on Flickr

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Imiakhtar: Just because you loose two planes doesn't mean you have an excuse to stop flying over Pakistan. Ukrainian territory is in turmoil. There is a WAR in Ukraine. We are not in that situation. We do not have a whole nation attacking us. I see almost 13 Air India planes pass us. 4 fly over PESHAWAR. Indigo, Spice jet etc, have no fear crossing Pak despite being our 'sworn enemies' Singapore airlines value their security more than MH does, as was made evident back in 2014, yet as Coyboy stated they fly over us. AF, BA, SQ, Aeroflot, JAL and many others fly over Pakistan with full ease. I recommend MH to re consider who they deem 'most dangerous countries' Didn't they realize before that Ukraine is unsafe?
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Need I even caption these?

PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Shetty I saw Aeroflot 77W flying over Afghan, their enemy.

I think he is now trying to argue that MH are trying to save money, but apparently thats not an issue with Biman Bangladesh who fly over Pak and Afghan.

Some exotics Finnair, Virgin, Vietnam, Thomas Cook, Jet Airways, UTair all flying over Pak, Thomas Cook a charter airline flying over expensive Pak airspace, sacrilege, arent they supposed to be pinching pennies? what about UTair considering the current sate of Russian economy.

I saw three SQ flights fly over Afghan into Pak two A380s and a 77W all simultaneously, lttle while later two Thai A380s did same.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

CoyBoy wrote:Shetty I saw Aeroflot 77W flying over Afghan, their enemy.

I think he is now trying to argue that MH are trying to save money, but apparently thats not an issue with Biman Bangladesh who fly over Pak and Afghan.

Some exotics Finnair, Virgin, Vietnam, Thomas Cook, Jet Airways, UTair all flying over Pak, Thomas Cook a charter airline flying over expensive Pak airspace, sacrilege, arent they supposed to be pinching pennies? what about UTair considering the current sate of Russian economy.

I saw three SQ flights fly over Afghan into Pak two A380s and a 77W all simultaneously, lttle while later two Thai A380s did same.
Actually, on the last page he stated it is cheaper to fly over Pakistan than Iran.

I know. MH is at fault here. All other respectable airlines, ie- Singapore, British, Korean, Japanese etc. Fly over Pakistan, though they fear more for their passengers (having little or no casulties in a crash, which are also very far fewer than MH) Budget airlines also fly over Pak, I agree.

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Second Answer.

Last edited by Sherry3002 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Today Air Canada started Toronto Delhi Non Stop service and here is the path, flying over Pakistan Airspace.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA70
Fortune favours brave.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

What do you mean sherry?
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

CoyBoy wrote:What do you mean sherry?
I mean imiakhtar stated that it is cheaper to fly over Pakistan, so he is actually arguing that safety is the main reason. I posted a screen shot of his answer.