Load factors for Qatar airways DOH - LYP

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
kash
Registered Member

Load factors for Qatar airways DOH - LYP

Post by kash »

Just wondering if anyone knew how Qatar Airways was doing from Doha to Faisalabad. Is it proving popular?
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Re: Load factors for Qatar airways DOH - LYP

Post by Sherry3002 »

According to a friend, the load factor is 40%
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

kash
Registered Member

Post by kash »

Thank you sherry for the figures. 40% seems very low. Such a shame as Faisalabad is the 3rd largest city in Pakistan and I assumed that there would be a large demand for travel to LYP.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

kash wrote:Thank you sherry for the figures. 40% seems very low. Such a shame as Faisalabad is the 3rd largest city in Pakistan and I assumed that there would be a large demand for travel to LYP.
True. Very low.
Last edited by Sherry3002 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

amjid84
Registered Member

Post by amjid84 »

Sherry3002 wrote:
kash wrote:Thank you sherry for the figures. 40% seems very low. Such a shame as Faisalabad is the 3rd largest city in Pakistan and I assumed that there would be a large demand for travel to LYP.
No problem. I guess it probably reaches 60 during mod summers. Most people from LYP
40% does seem very low - given most flights need to be about 70% to break-even this doesnt look to good (and on an A320, thats about 50-60 ppl) Though it is early days and for many years LYP had nothing. Its a shame for 3rd largest city. LYP has had potential for many year but was always neglected.

Another reason for poor load factors is for so long ppl are used to flying in /out of LHE (more options and connections to Asia / Australia are better) maybe as more airlines come to LYP, the loads will increase. I wonder how MUX is going, esp that EK only have big planes. Though MUX has EK, QR and FlyDubai (I think Arabia also).. not to mention the 'odd/rare' PK flight...

Overtime LYP & MUX will pick up and who knows, we may even be talking about UET and GWD load factors in the future InshaAllah :)
kash
Registered Member

Post by kash »

I do hope loads pick up from LYP. IT's been 4 months now and I would have thought that QR flights would be jammed packed as I thought all people travelling near and around LYP (Toba Tek Singh/ Jhang/ Samundri etc) would be willing to use LYP compared to Lahore.
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

The timing for LYP is really bad and doesnt really suit many connections, if they re-time their flights like LHE, maybe the loads can pick up more
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Sorry. I meant: 'No Problem. I guess it probably reaches 60% during mid-summers. Most people from LYP prefer FlyDubai or AirArabia. I will confirm the figures again' But autocorrect had a mind of it's own.

BTW, I have asked a relative who frequently flies EK and QR from LYP, and he says that the load IS about 40-50% during a regular year and about 70% during Mid-July. He also stated that LHE is the preferred airport because of QR's timings. The two carriers out of LYP holding the lead are FlyDubai and AirArabia (and a bit of PIA for passengers willing to connect via KHI)

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

While we are at it, does anyone know the PIA ISB-DXB loads?