Best option from ISB-GVA?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Best option from ISB-GVA?

Post by Sherry3002 »

AoA all,
I will soon be flying from Islamabad to Geneva and back. In your eyes, which is the best option. The most obvious (and convenient) are:

ISB-DXB-GVA on EK
ISB-AUH-GVA on EY
ISB-DOH-GVA on QR
ISB-IST-GVA on TK

Ofc my preferred option was ISB-CDG-GVA on PIA and Air France, but PIA's current strike worries me, as it may reach international level. I've flown all these airlines, so it's not a huge gamble as I know what the service and cabin interior is like.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbs_up:
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Re: Best option from ISB-GVA?

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

every choice seems :thumbs_up:
EK622
Registered Member

Post by EK622 »

I will suggest TK and EK.

PIA is bit risky as CDG route usually got flight delayed issue and you never know with this strike of pilots.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

EK622 wrote:I will suggest TK and EK.

PIA is bit risky as CDG route usually got flight delayed issue and you never know with this strike of pilots.
Exactly my fear. I personally dislike EK slightly, as it doesn't fit my timings, but I may have to side with one of the M3 or TK. Perhaps if PIA resolves this strike thing it would be much easier, since I can stay in Paris for a day and then take one of the 8 (believe it or not!!) flights from CDG-GVA. I don't know :/ Thanks for the suggestion :thumbs_up:
Abdulrafeysiddiqui wrote:every choice seems :thumbs_up:
Hehe. Surely one appeals to you :P
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Wasilk
Registered Member

Post by Wasilk »

Hi!

I think you should go with TK. Sounds like a decent option, and now with their wide-bodies being operated on routes to and from Pakistan, the experience should be all the more worthwhile and different as compared to their flights before with only single-aisle narrow-body aircrafts with no IFE or nothing for 6+ hours almost! :oops:

TK should be good as it has improved significantly on routes to and from Pak as of lately. It's a recent change I believe. It may not be as extravagant as ME3 (could be even better;who knows) but it's still a great option!

Good luck!
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Catering wise TK I believe is best.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Wasilk wrote:Hi!

I think you should go with TK. Sounds like a decent option, and now with their wide-bodies being operated on routes to and from Pakistan, the experience should be all the more worthwhile and different as compared to their flights before with only single-aisle narrow-body aircrafts with no IFE or nothing for 6+ hours almost! :oops:

TK should be good as it has improved significantly on routes to and from Pak as of lately. It's a recent change I believe. It may not be as extravagant as ME3 (could be even better;who knows) but it's still a great option!

Good luck!
Does TK have flatbeds?
CoyBoy wrote:Catering wise TK I believe is best.
Ah, thanks. Never tried their catering, only flew them on a 1 hr flight. I suppose the A320 has recliners?

Wasilk
Registered Member

Post by Wasilk »

They do for sure. I'm 90% positive. Flat beds in J onboard their A330s and 777.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

I dont think they have flat on narrowbody fleet, as for A332 they have three to four different layouts, including Jet Airways herring bone, their own new product, their old product from 2006 and the TAM one, so you wont know what you will be getting till you board.
zerokool
Registered Member

Post by zerokool »

Sherry3002 wrote:AoA all,
I will soon be flying from Islamabad to Geneva and back. In your eyes, which is the best option. The most obvious (and convenient) are:

ISB-DXB-GVA on EK
ISB-AUH-GVA on EY
ISB-DOH-GVA on QR
ISB-IST-GVA on TK

Ofc my preferred option was ISB-CDG-GVA on PIA and Air France, but PIA's current strike worries me, as it may reach international level. I've flown all these airlines, so it's not a huge gamble as I know what the service and cabin interior is like.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbs_up:
I suggest you fly ISB-DXB-GVA on Swiss where DXB-GVA via Zurich and return sector is on Swiss and ISB-DXB-ISB is on EK, Price of ticket is also lower than EK.You may check with your local Swiss Airline Office
zainman88
Registered Member

Post by zainman88 »

Go with QR or EY.

If you fly QR, credit miles to AAdvantage and if you fly EY, you should collect miles with EY themselves or Virgin Australia.

What cabin are you flying? That can also make a difference. Avoid EK if flying Y or J as their 777's are densely configured with 10 across and 7 across.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

zainman88 wrote:Go with QR or EY.

If you fly QR, credit miles to AAdvantage and if you fly EY, you should collect miles with EY themselves or Virgin Australia.

What cabin are you flying? That can also make a difference. Avoid EK if flying Y or J as their 777's are densely configured with 10 across and 7 across.
J on PIA, Turkish. First on the ME3.
zerokool wrote:
Sherry3002 wrote:AoA all,

ISB-DXB-GVA on EK
ISB-AUH-GVA on EY
ISB-DOH-GVA on QR
ISB-IST-GVA on TK

Any suggestions would be appreciated
I suggest you fly ISB-DXB-GVA on Swiss where DXB-GVA via Zurich and return sector is on Swiss and ISB-DXB-ISB is on EK, Price of ticket is also lower than EK.You may check with your local Swiss Airline Office
Will check that out, thanks!
CoyBoy wrote:I dont think they have flat on narrowbody fleet, as for A332 they have three to four different layouts, including Jet Airways herring bone, their own new product, their old product from 2006 and the TAM one, so you wont know what you will be getting till you board.
Hmm.. I should think TK operated their own black coloured J here, no?
Wasilk wrote:They do for sure. I'm 90% positive. Flat beds in J onboard their A330s and 777.
Thanks!

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Yes TK have the new J seats in black, but on A332 they also have three other versions as listed.

I just said that they might not have flat J on narrowbody fleet, you could even get a european style J of 3-3 with middle seat blocked to make it seem 2-2.
zainman88
Registered Member

Post by zainman88 »

Sherry3002 wrote:
zainman88 wrote:Go with QR or EY.

J on PIA, Turkish. First on the ME3.

None of the carriers offer F to Pakistan so it'll only be the DXB/AUH with EK/EY respectively to offer F and if EK has the A380 on their GVA flight I would pick them if not, I would pick EY if it's the 777 or A340 to GVA.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions! Has helped me immensely narrowing the options. Options I am now looking into highlighted:

Emirates via DXB

Etihad via AUH

Qatar via DOH

PIA-Air France via CDG

Turkish via IST

Much appreciated!