Should PIA buy/lease 787s to replace the A310 fleet?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.

Should PIA buy/lease 787s to replace the A310 fleet

Yes
48%
No
4%
They should get more 777s
17%
They should get the Airbus A330 family
30%
They should wait for the A330neo
No votes

Total votes: 23

dreamliner99
Registered Member

Re: Should PIA buy/lease 787s to replace the A310 fleet?

Post by dreamliner99 »

Bringing in New planes will do nothing for PIA, from what he have seen already they are unable to maintain their fleet. More than anything PIA need to prioritize service, if the service is amazing new routes to asia with a310's could become profitable and worthwhile.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

PIA could offer cheap flights to Europe from the Far East via Karachi,Lahore or New Islambad
If they can pull it off somehow it may damage the ME3 bussiness and make PIA more profitable.
But PK will need to offer reliable flights and good Customer product and better airports
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
dreamliner99
Registered Member

Post by dreamliner99 »

Pakistan-1 wrote:PIA could offer cheap flights to Europe from the Far East via Karachi,Lahore or New Islambad
If they can pull it off somehow it may damage the ME3 bussiness and make PIA more profitable.
But PK will need to offer reliable flights and good Customer product and better airports
PIA could never compete with ME3 carriers, the difference in service is astronomical. They would never be able to compete with the frequency of flights. Pia needs to focus on the fact that they can offer direct flights to Europe, Canada and the US.
jawad_cse
Registered Member

Post by jawad_cse »

I can tell you the DreamLiners Air India got, all isnt well with them. They keep atleast one of their dreamliners grounded alltimes to keep the rest flying.
Examples: "National carrier Air India is preparing its second Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner VT-AND for flight after grounding the aircraft in the maintenance hangars for over nine months. The aircraft is recorded to have last flown on new year’s day 2015."
This is the second case of an Air India Dreamliner being grounded for over nine months. The last one was VT-ANI was grounded for what Air India termed a “reliability improvement retrofit (modification)” from April 2014 to being restored by January 2015.
The common belief in the industry is that Air India was using these two airframes as a parts donor to keep the rest of the fleet flying. However, a check of databases reveals that all of Air India’s Dreamliner’s with the exception of VT-AND are flying on a regular schedule.

I was shocked to see Air India using the dreamliners on their domestic sectors;
Del-Amritsar 50 mins of journey atmost
del-kolkata
del-bom
del-bangalore
del-ahmedabad

Most Internationals conections for Middle East served by A320 A319 and A321
europe and Saudi served mostly by B777
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The 777 is too big an a/c for an A310/767-300 replacement, the 787-8 is ideally sized and suited for that purpose, even the A330-200. The 777 family are more 747 replacements.
Moin Abbasi