PIA Invites Bids to Acquire Up To Three Wide-Body Aircraft on Dry Lease

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ammad
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Acquire up to Three Wide-body Aircraft on Dry Lease

Post by ammad »

If this is true then PIA have missed great opportunity. But for PIA this is norm making terrible mistakes piling losses on loses and going on. I think that what PIA is.
Fortune favours brave.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

ammad wrote:If this is true then PIA have missed great opportunity. But for PIA this is norm making terrible mistakes piling losses on loses and going on. I think that what PIA is.
If it was pending approval from the government/finance ministry, I don't think PIA could do anything.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Umair94
Registered Member

Post by Umair94 »

CoyBoy wrote:All three Kenyan 77W have been moved to Amsterdam and are rumored to be getting prepped for Turkish airlines.

They are expected as follows at AMS and indeed are for TK

Flight KQ773 will be operated three times.
21 Jan: 14:35 (LT) arrival
22 Jan: 16:45 (LT) arrival
24 Jan: 16:45 (LT) arrival
All The Way, It's PIA
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Sherry3002 wrote:
ammad wrote:If this is true then PIA have missed great opportunity. But for PIA this is norm making terrible mistakes piling losses on loses and going on. I think that what PIA is.
If it was pending approval from the government/finance ministry, I don't think PIA could do anything.
As i said, it was pending approval owing to terrible financial mistakes PIA did in past. Government have no clue about the money that is going to be injected again will help revive it or not, thus they put hold, and opportunity missed. Would PIA had different past, government won't take that long to provide necessary funding.
Fortune favours brave.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: PIA Invites Bids to Acquire Up To Three Wide-Body Aircraft on Dry Lease

Post by Amaad Lone »

I wonder why PIA did not opt for the four A330-200s that Shaheen is taking from Aer Cap??
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PIA Invites Bids to Acquire Up To Three Wide-Body Aircraft on Dry Lease

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ I believe PIA had plan to induct three ex-Kenyan Airways Boeing 777-300ERs as replacement of phased out Boeing 747-300s.

Airbus A330-200s most likely will be considered when PIA decides to phase out Airbus A310-300 fleet.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: