Best Airline in Pakistan?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.

Best Pakistani Airline

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Pakistan International Airlines
60%
Airblue
24%
Shaheen Air
12%
Air Indus
4%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 25

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Best Airline in Pakistan?

Post by Sherry3002 »

Aoa Guys,

On a serious note, we all here are fans of Pakistani aviation and love all our airlines, but out of these three airlines which airline is your favourite/ have you had the best experiences on. Please also mention the class you were travelling in. Personally, though I have never flown PIA economy, I've flown Airblue, Shaheen (club as well) , Air Indus (I thought I might die :shock: ) and ofc PIA (only in club though :| ) I sat in PIA's economy plus a few times, but within those three trips, I judged all the airlines. I liked PIA the best, probably because I feel safer with them and on my legs the crew was nice. The seats were also well maintained for an airline always criticised. I think Airblue comes second because their comfort and crew were nice but their snacks! [-X [-X Shaheen Y comes third. Their crew was adequate, seats very poor and meal mediocre. Don't even get me started on Air Indus [-(

As far as J class goes, (not gonna compare the ME3 J class and our J class) PIA beats Shaheen ANYDAY! Shaheens Business Class is what you'd expect from some 2* airline (especially with the food) I've noticed PIA is doing a really great job with it's Club Class. On my return flight in July from CDG-MXP-ISB, (AP-BGL) the crew was amazing, interior was good, and food was out of this world <3

Anyway, what about your favourite Pakistani airline?

Last edited by Sherry3002 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

hassan khan
Registered Member

Re: Best Airline in Pakistan?

Post by hassan khan »

I also had to go for , I was going for Airblue because of their newer fleet, alright crew, but then the food they give really puts them down, the stuffed roll is something you offer on LHE-ISB [-X , not on LHE-DXB. So I had to go for PIA, but second best has to be Airblue.

Sherry why don't you tell us about your experience on Air Indus in detail. How was it bad and scary?
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

hassan khan wrote:I also had to go for , I was going for Airblue because of their newer fleet, alright crew, but then the food they give really puts them down, the stuffed roll is something you offer on LHE-ISB [-X , not on LHE-DXB. So I had to go for PIA, but second best has to be Airblue.

Sherry why don't you tell us about your experience on Air Indus in detail. How was it bad and scary?
Yeah, I know, I am gonna write all about it in detail tmrw. In fact, since there is a dearth of Shaheen J class reports, I am also gonna write a review here on that. Then you guys can also judge by yourself :)

Have you flown on PIA's new A320's? Anyone on what they're like? My father flew ISB-DXB and back and said J was good, but not much on economy.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

I was also gonna write on the experience this year on PIA but my photos are so 3rd class :(

hassan khan
Registered Member

Post by hassan khan »

Finally, I'll get to read some 'desi' flight reports..
Since you've opened up now, let me be greedy and request you to write trip reports for all the flights you've mentioned below (PK, PA, SAI and Indus).

It's actually been a while a travelled on PIA, so can't say much....
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

hassan khan wrote:Finally, I'll get to read some 'desi' flight reports..
Since you've opened up now, let me be greedy and request you to write trip reports for all the flights you've mentioned below (PK, PA, SAI and Indus).

Definitely, but please don't expect good photos. I don't think I took any on Indus but might have taken a few on PA and SAI. Definitely took some 3rd class photos on PK, but still just a beginner. Hoping to get better.

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Also, how do I write a TR? Like as a separate thread?

hassan khan
Registered Member

Post by hassan khan »

Sherry3002 wrote:Also, how do I write a TR? Like as a separate thread?
I might not be the best person to comment on that, but from what I've seen over here and on airliners.net, I think it should be one thread per round trip (i.e.LHE-KHI, KHI-LHE, should be in one thread irrespective of what airline you flew inbound and outbound)
As far as pictures are concerned, they are always a plus point but for me the written part is more important.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

hassan khan wrote:Finally, I'll get to read some 'desi' flight reports..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23576

First segment of PIA trip (ie PK 785) posted. I.A, will post 4 more if people want that. Don't want someone to say "Sherry, cut it with the 'fazool' flight reports" :p

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Glad to see PIA going strong! Tie between SAI and PA seems fair :) :P

rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

PIA business class is good value for money if you ignore the food , Uncomfortable cabin temperatures prior to take off, IFE that works intermittently and when it does the selection is not worth writing about.
The seats are wide and leg room is great even if the seat adjustment may not fully function, lavatories are clean but there are many occasions when one is blocked off for whatever reasons even though I have seen crew enter these then re-lock upon exit
The above may be reasons for having the cheapest business class that money can buy for if it was priced according to the market there would be very few takers.

Wide space is what one pays for and this is what you get all the rest are add ons. Most business travellers just go to sleep and when awake open their laptop and do whever business they are involved in without bothering too much about the frills.
So once again in my opinion a product appropriately priced for the Pakistan market
Last edited by rayyanullah on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

And one important plus point the crew are friendly
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

rayyanullah wrote:And one important plus point the crew are friendly
True. Hope this is not sarcasm :D

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

PIA does have a very simple business class, but if you are paying $2000 less, they are quite good. Their cabins are generally clean, staff friendly, and have good food.
shamxa
Registered Member

Post by shamxa »

The last few posts lead me to believe that PIA, at best, has a pseudo-business class compared to other products (it's very much inferior, and holding onto domestic operations as it's only support is a risky game tbh).