PIA to Lease Seven New Jets

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Lease Seven New Jets

Post by Moin »

What's this all about?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/procurem ... 4b-from-le

Also taken from a discussion off FB from the London Area Aviation & Spotting group in response to the above article:

'Also hearing rumour that PK is acting as an intermediary to get these 777's to Iran. After all, IR is in dire need of modern aircraft so is indeed a possibility!'

'The 77Ws are in addition to two Vietnam Airlines 772ER due in November, initially they were leasing three but I guess with Shujaat wanting the 77Ws things got messed, PIA only chose the 772s, I think that kind of pissed off this aviation adviser to PM, he was also in talks with Boeing for swapping PK own 77W order for 748 but thats not happening'.
Moin Abbasi
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Moin wrote:What's this all about?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/procurem ... 4b-from-le

Also taken from a discussion off FB from the London Area Aviation & Spotting group in response to the above article:

'Also hearing rumour that PK is acting as an intermediary to get these 777's to Iran. After all, IR is in dire need of modern aircraft so is indeed a possibility!'

'The 77Ws are in addition to two Vietnam Airlines 772ER due in November, initially they were leasing three but I guess with Shujaat wanting the 77Ws things got messed, PIA only chose the 772s, I think that kind of pissed off this aviation adviser to PM, he was also in talks with Boeing for swapping PK own 77W order for 748 but thats not happening'.
What? 777's to Iran? What is the writer on about?
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Ok the Iran bit is incorrect but the rest seems to be true. 3 ex-KQ 77W are joining 2 ex-VN 772 by the end of the year.
Moin Abbasi
Hashmax
Registered Member

Post by Hashmax »

AP-BGZ is now OPERATIONAL.
Operated PK 370 today!

All NINE Boeing 777s are Alhamdulillah by the grace of ALLAH are operational in PK fleet now \:D/
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return !
CPL/IR
Multan Flying Club
F/O A-320
PIAC
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

Thanks God! But what exactly the matter was with AP-BGZ? I heard that one of the 77L will be painted in 1980s retro livery, any updates regarding this?
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Moin wrote:Ok the Iran bit is incorrect but the rest seems to be true. 3 ex-KQ 77W are joining 2 ex-VN 772 by the end of the year.
Correct. That seems very likely.
Hashmax wrote:AP-BGZ is now OPERATIONAL.
Operated PK 370 today!

All NINE Boeing 777s are Alhamdulillah by the grace of ALLAH are operational in PK fleet now \:D/
YES YES YES!!! MashAllah
Abdulrafeysiddiqui wrote:Thanks God! But what exactly the matter was with AP-BGZ? I heard that one of the 77L will be painted in 1980s retro livery, any updates regarding this?
Hope not. It would be a waste of time and money. PIA had a great history but now we have to think about the present.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Operated PK 370 today!

I just saw it!!! I just saw it!!

I was resting in my room and I heard this thundering noise above my house, and I thought "that doesn't sound like an A320 or a 772" and I quickly ran outside. Sure enough, there was AP-BGZ performing a very steep climb. I opened Flightradar24 and pointed the camera to the sky, and it quickly came written:
AP-BGZ
PK 319
ISB-KHI
7346 ft

Couldn't catch a pic though :/ How nice seeing BGZ back in service.

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

So God/Allah is watching over this inept, corrupt enterprise, thats been going down in every aspect since 1970s, its rep lost, its branding ruined, no foreigners would set foot on it unless strictly budget concious or curious or having no option, but hey Alhamdulilah, its God's doing the fleet is back in service, hilarious.

Reminds me of models/actresses who thank God they got that ad oppertunity which put them on a billboard for all to see wearing sleveless clothes or a movie in which they danced exposing belly or did close scenes with a strange man, Alhmadullaih Allah nay mujahy yeh muka diya, Allha ki baro meherbani hay, thats what they say.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

CoyBoy wrote:So God/Allah is watching over this inept, corrupt enterprise, thats been going down in every aspect since 1970s, its rep lost, its branding ruined, no foreigners would set foot on it unless strictly budget concious or curious or having no option, but hey Alhamdulilah, its God's doing the fleet is back in service, hilarious.

Reminds me of models/actresses who thank God they got that ad oppertunity which put them on a billboard for all to see wearing sleveless clothes or a movie in which they danced exposing belly or did close scenes with a strange man, Alhmadullaih Allah nay mujahy yeh muka diya, Allha ki baro meherbani hay, thats what they say.
Well somehow it is surviving...

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

If you think God has something to do with it then you really need to pause and think. What about the models did he help them get those religiously wrong assignments they are thanking him for?
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

CoyBoy wrote:If you think God has something to do with it then you really need to pause and think. What about the models did he help them get those religiously
wrong assignments they are thanking him for?
No religious discussions, let's stay friendly. Eid Mubarak to everyone!

Hashmax
Registered Member

Post by Hashmax »

Haha coyboy .... its not a sin to thank Allah because all praises are for him only.
Its all PIA Engineering efforts to keep all 777s airworthy despite massive shortage of spares due to non availability of funds.
Its my habit to thank Allah for everything .... u may differ with me at this point.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return !
CPL/IR
Multan Flying Club
F/O A-320
PIAC
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Hashmax wrote:Haha coyboy .... its not a sin to thank Allah because all praises are for him only.
Its all PIA Engineering efforts to keep all 777s airworthy despite massive shortage of spares due to non availability of funds.
Its my habit to thank Allah for everything .... u may differ with me at this point.
Agreed! Technically all the work is done by the engineers, it's just phrase to thank Allah for letting the resources or cash come in allowing BGZ to fly again :)

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

EK J report WITH pics posted: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23655

ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Operated PK 370 today!

Wonderful news. Hope this will help PIA to carry out post hajj operation with some ease.
Fortune favours brave.