CAA Increases Various Taxes

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

CAA Increases Various Taxes

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources, Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has increased or imposed various taxes to be effective from August 1.

Prime time landing charges increased for aircraft by 25%.
Business and First Class tickets tax increased to PKR 3,000/-.
Economy Class tickets tax increased to PKR 1,500/-.
Tax on domestic flights tickets increased to PKR 500/-.
International flights security charges increased to PKR 1,030/-.
Domestic flights security charges increased by PKR 100/-.
Embarkation tax increased to PKR 2,000/- for international flights.
Government airport tax increased to PKR 20/-.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Hamad
Registered Member

Re: CAA Increases Various Taxes

Post by Hamad »

That's Amazing - Pakistan is already one of the countries demanding the highest Taxes for Air Travels.

Can anyone clarify some points for me:
1.) Ticket Tax increased by 1,500PKR does this mean for tickets issued in PK only or worldwide?
2.) Most Important point: Effective by 1 August - whats about Tickets issued before that date - do they have to pay these Taxes at Check In or does the increase means that only Tickets issued after 1st August are affected.

Compare a Flight from DXB to LHE and LHE to DXB with respective Taxes in the departing Country:
DXB to LHE
United Arab Emirates Passenger Service Charge (AE)
PKRs.2,100
United Arab Emirates Security and Safety Fee (TP)
PKRs.140

LHE to DXB (increase in Tax is not included here - so that are the Taxes we have right now)
Pakistani Federal Excise Duty (RG)
PKRs.5,000
Pakistan SP (SP)
PKRs.1,000
Pakistan XZ (XZ)
PKRs.606
Pakistan YD (YD)
PKRs.1,010
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Instead of discouraging air travel govt. should discourage more car purchases and leasing.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PCAA increases airport charges

July 31, 2015

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA) has increased its airport charges by 50 percent and 66 percent for international and domestic passengers, respectively. The revised airport charges will be applicable from August 1, 2015. According to details, embarkation fee for first class international passengers has been escalated to Rs 3,000 from Rs 2000.

Similarly, embarkation fees for international passengers travelling into business and economy classes have been revised from Rs 2,000 to Rs 3,000 and Rs 1,500 from Rs 1,000, respectively while fee for domestic passengers for economy class has been increased to Rs 500 from Rs 300.

Correspondingly, government airport tax, security charges for international and domestic have been fixed at Rs 20, Rs 1,030 and Rs 100, respectively. However, for Multan International Airport, the embarkation charges for international economy passengers will be Rs 2,000. PCAA has also increased variable landing charges at slot constrained airports by 25 percent. This will be applicable across the board irrespective of historical slots at Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore and Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Islamabad from winter schedule - 2015 during peak hours.

Source: brecorder.com

See you at:
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

Our beloved govt. is squeezing every single drop of money left in people... :evil:
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

furqan_haider wrote:Our beloved govt. is squeezing every single drop of money left in people... :evil:
Actually this is sth happens throughout every government period despite which Party rules right now. Sadly I have seen continuously increase in Taxes and Charges at Pakistani Airports for the last years I travelled to PK.
If this continues we will see a time where The Ticket Price contains more Taxes than the Airlines Fare itself.

But i think now I understand why the Middle East Carriers get permission to increase flights to PK - they have the best potential to bring these Taxpayers around the world to PK.
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

Hamad wrote: If this continues we will see a time where The Ticket Price contains more Taxes than the Airlines Fare itself.
It has already happened even before these new increases! I, last bought my parents' PIA off peak flights LHR-LHE-LHR in June and the tax/service charges were £40 more than the fare it self.
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Dr747 wrote:
Hamad wrote: If this continues we will see a time where The Ticket Price contains more Taxes than the Airlines Fare itself.
It has already happened even before these new increases! I, last bought my parents' PIA off peak flights LHR-LHE-LHR in June and the tax/service charges were £40 more than the fare it self.
Including Airlines surcharges/fees or excluded? If excluded than you are right and we have already this situation :(
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Okay I can answer my question now by myself as my brother travelled today from LHE to FRA via DOH.
He had to pay 950 PKR at Check In as newly added/increased Taxes.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Details displayed at Lahore Airport.

According to the notice, revised charges effective from August 1 are to be collected from all passengers irrespective of their ticket issuance date.

* Total difference to be paid by each First Class / Business Class passenger is PKR 1,444/-.
* Total difference to be paid by each Economy Class passenger is PKR 944/-.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

See you at: