PIA former routes

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

PIA former routes

Post by CoyBoy »

Sometime back a topic discussed routes previously served by PIA, some were missing from it, so here is a complete list

Guangzhou
Shanghai
Urumqi
Hong Kong
Manila
Jakarta
Singapore
Bangkok
Yangon

Kolkata
Colombo
Male
Kathmandu

Kandahar
Tashkent
Almaty
Ashkabad
Baku

Sanaa
Aden
Al Ain
Fujairah
Ras Al Khaimah
Amman
Baghdad
Damascus
Beirut
Tehran
Mashhad
Zahedan

Cairo
Tripoli
Nairobi
Kano
Dar Es Salaam
Kiliminjaro

Moscow
Ankara
Istanbul
Athens
Tirana
Rome
Vienna
Zurich
Geneva
Amsterdam
Frankfurt
Barcelona
Leeds/Bradford
Stansted
Glasgow

Chicago
Washington
Houston
Sahil Ali
Registered Member

Re: PIA former routes

Post by Sahil Ali »

Now this is something which needs to be forwarded to special assistant to the prime minister on aviation and ask him to take a look on this list and add up some of these routes to the routes being flown by PIA if they think they can make good money through these routes as by now we have added a good number of aircraft to the PIA fleet.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Sahil Ali wrote:Now this is something which needs to be forwarded to special assistant to the prime minister on aviation and ask him to take a look on this list and add up some of these routes to the routes being flown by PIA if they think they can make good money through these routes as by now we have added a good number of aircraft to the PIA fleet.

There is no use of opening any of these routes with twice weekly or once weekly service.
Fortune favours brave.
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

ammad wrote: There is no use of opening any of these routes with twice weekly or once weekly service.
Can't say anything about other routes but for Bradford, HongKong and Amsterdam, I think PIA can regain pax load... There are lot of Pakistanis in these cities...
Many of my family members live in these cities and they , along with fellow Pakistanis, are desperate to fly on PIA, mostly because of direct flights and many because of rude behavior of ME airlines on UAE-PAK sector (especially emirates)
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Since 2004 routes cut:

Urumqi
Hong Kong
Singapore
Bangkok

Colombo
Kathmandu

Kandahar
Almaty
Tashkent

Mashhad
Zahedan
Al Ain
Fujairah
Ras Al Khaimah

Tripoli
Nairobi

Moscow
Istanbul
Athens
Rome
Barcelona
Frankfurt
Amsterdam
Leeds/Bradford
Stansted
Glasgow

Chicago
Houston
Sahil Ali wrote:Now this is something which needs to be forwarded to special assistant to the prime minister on aviation and ask him to take a look on this list and add up some of these routes to the routes being flown by PIA if they think they can make good money through these routes as by now we have added a good number of aircraft to the PIA fleet.

For resumptions Bangkok, Istanbul, Frankfurt and Amsterdam have been mentioned.

Chicago and Rome were due to restart past couple of years but didnt.
Last edited by CoyBoy on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

Whenever I have been to the airport there are a lot of Pakistanis going to Pakistan and I was at the Airport earlier today
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

What about former PIA domestic destinations like Sargodha and Mianwali?

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Others were.

Dadu
Sindhri
Sehwan Sharif
Mirpur Khas
Hyderabad
Nawabshah
Jacobabad

Mirpir
Rawala Kot
Muzaffarabad
Mangla

Khuzdar
Pasni
Jiwani
Ormara
Sui
Sibbi

Abbottabad
Kohat
Bannu
Parachinar
Saidu Sharif - they should just call it Swat, like Saudi call Buraidah a city as Gassim a province

Bhurban
Last edited by CoyBoy on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think former East Pakistan PIA destinations should also be included. I know following:

Sirajganj
Bogra
Rangpur
Dinajpur
Faridpur
Kushtia
Barisal
Khulna
Bhola
Chandpur
Hatia
Begumganj
Sylhet
Ishurdi
Jessore
Comilla
Chittagong
Cox's Bazar

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Umair94
Registered Member

Post by Umair94 »

furqan_haider wrote:
ammad wrote: There is no use of opening any of these routes with twice weekly or once weekly service.
Can't say anything about other routes but for Bradford, HongKong and Amsterdam, I think PIA can regain pax load... There are lot of Pakistanis in these cities...
Many of my family members live in these cities and they , along with fellow Pakistanis, are desperate to fly on PIA, mostly because of direct flights and many because of rude behavior of ME airlines on UAE-PAK sector (especially emirates)
PIA will loose the battle in Amsterdam now. They already lost most of their KHI passengers to EK. Following their poor services in 2012 and Etihad starting a code-share flight with klm for a price even cheaper than PIA, loads of people have moved on to these airlines. Qatar airways has just started flights and seeing how poor domestic connections by PIA are in my opinion EK and Qatar offer flights straight to destinations such as Multan, Sialkot and Faisalabad. It is going to be very difficult unless a good price and service has been offered.
All The Way, It's PIA