PIA is going to induct 5 Boeing 747-8

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Re: PIA is going to induct 5 Boeing 747-8

Post by Omairi7 »

Due to socioeconomic dynamics and security situation of Pakistan all europeon airlines avoid to add Pakistan destinations in their lists..... For PIA newyork, toronto, milan , copenhegan, UK are the major feeds after some of middle eastern countries where mostly international business came from... Lets assume we have got 748i, which are the best possible routes we can use them?
Please note that alll above mention routes are working fine with 77W or 77E. Last year my realtives travel to BHX and 77E carries only 56 pax. My brother travels to manchester with 74 pax and came back to lahore with 198 pax on 77W.
The best possible use in my opinion is hajj or umra.... Otherwise it will be difficult to fill the plane with 500+ pax....
Yes and again we need larger airports, with best transit facilities and onward flights to Fareastern countries so people can enjoy transit and low fare of PIA just like DXb did.....
Seriously Too much asking and hopes from 748i..
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

A short time ago, someone told me that PIA is going to acquire B747-4 or higher but that was not time to believe.

NOW, as ap-bkz and many others claiming the same, we should believe for a short while and leave the discussion "Is is true or a rumor? It is time to go ahead.

The things we should discuss NOW, if it is true;

1. What will be the ultimate outcome of inducting B747-8 in PIA fleet?
2. How PIA will deal with a Jumbo jet when rest of the world leaving quadruplet engine aircraft?
3. Whats about all Pakistan airport capabilities to deal with this type of aircraft?
4. Whats about PIA operational and engineering setups for B747-8?
5. Whats about the possible routs where PIA will operate this type of wide-body aircraft? ... etc.

.. and if it get proved rumor, we have nothing to discuss here.
needroos
Registered Member

Post by needroos »

B747-8 for PIA? How could this possibly be true? Round the world airlines are ditching 4 engine aircrafts for 2 engine wide bodies. A380 sales have dried up and many B747-8s are parked gathering dust. Apart from Lufthansa the only other major users of the 747-8 are cargo operators. Orders for the B747-8 have also dried up. PIA needs to focus on efficient, low cost aircrafts with quick turn around times that can spend most of the time in the air, rather than at a stand. For airlines that are using A380s and 747-8s, the economics and margins of these large aircrafts are not only dependent on Y pax where heavy discounts are available, but by the many premium F and J cabin passengers that these large aircraft allow. PIA is not going to get these pax in large enough numbers apart from free loaders who demand/get upgrades at the airport.

I am sure someone will suggest that PIA can use these large aircraft for Haj operations but this is seasonal and having a fleet to cater for seasonal demand is not sound.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

I read that 748 carriers about 60-80 more passengers than 77W, no much of a difference, based on configuration that can be dropped to lower capacity, if too many is not acceptable.

Routes abroad i can only think of New York, Oslo, Copenhagen, London, Manchester, Paris, Milan, Jeddah, Riyadh, Dubai, KHI, LHE, ISB all based on the fact the 77W is/was used on them.
AC787
Registered Member

Post by AC787 »

Just get only one aircraft

BOEING 777-300ER Fitted with only Ge90-115B.

Please make a senseable decision for our airline and country.

Thanks.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

CoyBoy wrote:I read that 748 carriers about 60-80 more passengers than 77W, no much of a difference, based on configuration that can be dropped to lower capacity, if too many is not acceptable.

Routes abroad i can only think of New York, Oslo, Copenhagen, London, Manchester, Paris, Milan, Jeddah, Riyadh, Dubai, KHI, LHE, ISB all based on the fact the 77W is/was used on them.
Dear , there is a difference in 60-80 seats and it all depends on how you configure your aircraft either 2 class or 3 class version?. Usually in Pakistan we have 2 class version and this will take the seating capacity above 475 +......for ULH operations they can fit crew rest bunks and added more leg space for Y pax..
But still this move will be very expensiv....
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Boeing is thinking to terminate B747-8 Program. In fact Boeing pitch B747 to Emirates with very good price but they said sorry to them and opted of A380, remember the order of 50 A380 emirates placed last year.

Also, American and United Airlines are deferring deliveries of B787, owing to forecast of week economic condition.

Every body have different point of view, but for me PIA should refrain from getting into deal of B747, and should be getting three or four B777 340 ER, it could be either three B7773 from Kenyan Airways, and move on to next phase of fleet replacement. i.e A310 replacement.
Fortune favours brave.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

And the hype is gone and nobody is thinking about the 747 anymore
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
PIA ap-bkz
Registered Member

Post by PIA ap-bkz »

Pakistan-1 wrote:And the hype is gone and nobody is thinking about the 747 anymore
Today I met captai sadiq rehman (vice presedent palpa). He confirmed me that b747-8 is going to be inducted within this year :-) 5 of them
Sahil Ali
Registered Member

Post by Sahil Ali »

ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

PIA ap-bkz wrote: Today I met captai sadiq rehman (vice presedent palpa). He confirmed me that b747-8 is going to be inducted within this year :-) 5 of them

Still word of mouth. Any thing concrete yet, please?
Fortune favours brave.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

PIA ap-bkz wrote:
Pakistan-1 wrote:And the hype is gone and nobody is thinking about the 747 anymore
Today I met captai sadiq rehman (vice presedent palpa). He confirmed me that b747-8 is going to be inducted within this year :-) 5 of them
Ok then wat about 3 B77W ?
Where they will fly 5 748i ?
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

PIA ap-bkz wrote:
So if 5 B748 are to be inducted in this year, then a new career plan should have been formulated by now. And crew should have been shortlisted for transition since they will have to go abroad for simulator. Or are they gonna make them stand at KHI till the crew is cleared? Since there is no word about it's placement in the career plan or if they will be given as option to the crew. Or is it all coming up because someone really likes 747s and couldn't digest the fact that it's about time they have to be retired?
PIA ap-bkz
Registered Member

Post by PIA ap-bkz »

A310 wrote:
PIA ap-bkz wrote:
So if 5 B748 are to be inducted in this year, then a new career plan should have been formulated by now. And crew should have been shortlisted for transition since they will have to go abroad for simulator. Or are they gonna make them stand at KHI till the crew is cleared? Since there is no word about it's placement in the career plan or if they will be given as option to the crew. Or is it all coming up because someone really likes 747s and couldn't digest the fact that it's about time they have to be retired?
He is on a310 at the moment and he will be promoted soon on b777.He will be promoted on B777 for a short time as he is a contender to be on the head command of B747-8i
Umair94
Registered Member

Post by Umair94 »

can´t pay a 777 how are they supposed to pay a 748 :?:
All The Way, It's PIA