PIA is going to induct 5 Boeing 747-8

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Re: PIA is going to induct 5 Boeing 747-8

Post by Omairi7 »

CoyBoy wrote:Transaero order cancellation is being rumored,they have 4 on the books two of which are being built, then there is one rejected by Lufthansa so 5, all adding up.
A big YUKH if we will lease transaero birds in their seat plan as they are especially fitted and design for high density, small seats, very uncomfortable....
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

PIA ap-bkz wrote:Basically to make the deal formal PIA is issuing tenders. The tender which is expected 100% is for A330-200 and a333 series. I don't know about the B747-8i's tender but I know that its coming :-)
Out of all above discussed, B747-8i is better or B777-3ER, B787 is better or A350; this matters less here on this time.

Airlines do analyze as of their requirements and acquire aircraft suitable to their operation but one thing that is important here, a "background" deal. This is what actually scaring people. Looters loot, but a company like PIA pay that for years.

All details of the deal should be available for public, than we should discuss here on this forum that which aircraft is better for PIA.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

All of this sounds too good to be true !!
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Umar Farooq wrote:
PIA ap-bkz wrote:Basically to make the deal formal PIA is issuing tenders. The tender which is expected 100% is for A330-200 and a333 series. I don't know about the B747-8i's tender but I know that its coming :-)
Out of all above discussed, B747-8i is better or B777-3ER, B787 is better or A350; this matters less here on this time.

Airlines do analyze as of their requirements and acquire aircraft suitable to their operation but one thing that is important here, a "background" deal. This is what actually scaring people. Looters loot, but a company like PIA pay that for years.

All details of the deal should be available for public, than we should discuss here on this forum that which aircraft is better for PIA.
Yes... a very valid point @ umar farooq

Airlines also involves local airport management and authorities to ensure if the planes are fit enough to operate in and out of respective airports....
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

AP-BKZ when will everything be officially announced?
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

Umar Farooq wrote: Out of all above discussed, B747-8i is better or B777-3ER, B787 is better or A350; this matters less here on this time.

Right, was thinking the same... Why this has to be a surprise?? While on the other hand PMLN govt. spends millions everyday just on advertising their way smaller projects(than 748i), this doesn't seem natural.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

Hi
My deaf friends work Boeing
He said Korean air ordered five b747-8 but delayed not deliver that why Boeing offer B747-8 to PIA instead of 77W but up to PIA decide
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

So PIA will be getting the birds Korean was supposed to get ?
Hashmax
Registered Member

Post by Hashmax »

@AP-BKZ
just relax .... let the time come! The truth will come out eventually :)
No need to justify urself again and again bro ...... ;)
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return !
CPL/IR
Multan Flying Club
F/O A-320
PIAC
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

June 25, 2015, report.
Boeing currently has 51 orders on file for the Boeing 747-8I, of which 33 have been delivered. This leaves 18 unfilled orders. At current and announced production rates this means there still is over 14 months of production for the Boeing 747-8I. There have been rumors that Arik Air, an African airline, converted its order for 2 Boeing 747-8I airframes to Boeing 777-300ERS. However, Boeing still has the order from Arik Air listed, so it is unclear what happened to this order but it is likely that the order has been converted. This means that there are 16 unfilled orders left.

Russian airline Transaero has 4 Boeing 747-8 aircraft on order, but it remains unclear whether the airlines will take delivery of these airframes. In May it seemed Transaero would take delivery of their Airbus (OTCPK:EADSF) A380 aircraft, but in June Airbus confirmed that the airline is likely to defer those deliveries. If Boeing's 747-8I will suffer the same fate there are 12 unfilled orders left.

So from the 18 unfilled orders a maximum of 6 orders might drop out of the order book.
Korean Air will start taking delivery of the Boeing 747-8I later this year, which is a good sign for Boeing.
Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3284075 ... production

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

A European friend of mine having vast knowledge in the field of aircraft production, sales and leasing told me:

"I would not recommend buying 747-8 even if heavily discounted. The future is in twin-engine aircraft"

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

Abbas Ali wrote:A European friend of mine having vast knowledge in the field of aircraft production, sales and leasing told me:

"I would not recommend buying 747-8 even if heavily discounted. The future is in twin-engine aircraft"

Abbas
I totally agree with him
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Nothing will be announced on the Boeing website as yet. First you need either a Boeing team coming to Pakistan or a PIA team going to Seattle. Once that happens, then you will know things are getting serious.
Moin Abbasi
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

Abbas Ali wrote:A European friend of mine having vast knowledge in the field of aircraft production, sales and leasing told me:

Abbas
So Abbas I guess as per him A-380s have no future either because it will be all about twin-engines. I bet once these go down it will cause substantial damage to European GDP.....
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

A-380s have no future either because it will be all about twin-engines. I bet once these go down it will cause substantial damage to European GDP.....
Yes that is correct. A380 program is also struggling, as you can see most of the orders are coming from ME3 carriers, which basically help keeping A380 program alive. Real problem is new orders for A380 which is **not** happening, recently very good offer of A380 to TK was denied owing to fact they want to go with frequency rather than capacity.

If Airbus is going to deliver 30, A380 Aircraft till 2020, then the A380 will be at break even level. Also, European GDP is pretty big, bad performance of Airbus or particularly A380 program won't hurt much as A350's are filling the gap financially.
Fortune favours brave.