Turkish Airlines to Introduce Daily Flight for Lahore

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Turkish Airlines to Introduce Daily Flight for Lahore

Post by Abbas Ali »

From August 9, 2015, Turkish Airlines is going to introduce daily flight between Istanbul and Lahore.

Info Source: http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/12/tk-isblhe-aug15/

Presently, Turkish Airlines is operating three flights a week between Istanbul and Lahore with Airbus A330-200 aircraft every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk714/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Re: Turkish Airlines to Introduce Daily Flights for Lahore

Post by Omairi7 »

Great News for Lahore airport and Great move from Star Alliance Member TK... making competition more tougher for ME4....
This will reduce the travel time to Americas and Canada...
How will PIA react to this move as now we have got more options to travel on much better rates then Middle eastern airlines....
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

This will be big boost for Turkish airways. Presently I think no other star alliance serve Pakistan. So if someone wants to book ticket on air canada or similar star alliance, they'll go through Turkish airways.
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Agreed with Boeing 787,
YEsterday i tried to book a ticket to YYZ with TK and Air canada combo but my travel agent denied. He said system didnt allow these bookings.
I was booking for Lhe - Ist - Lhr - YYz and back ...
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

boeing787 wrote:This will be big boost for Turkish airways. Presently I think no other star alliance serve Pakistan. So if someone wants to book ticket on air canada or similar star alliance, they'll go through Turkish airways.
Not from west but Thai is Star Alliance too.
kash
Registered Member

Post by kash »

Very good news. This will definitely give UK/ Europeans Pakistani's more FLEXIBILTY. Also I believe their airfares are sometimes cheaper than EK, QR and EY. I hope they start to bring their 777 to LHE.

I'd like to see how the ME3 fares are for the foreseeable future and how they plan their next move.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

TK use four different biz class cabins on their A332 fleet, one from 2006, another thats the latest with black seats, one from TAM - Brazil leased a/c and another from Jet Airways - India leased a/c, thats the herringbone one, so you wont get a consistant product when flying with them, I would love to try out the Jet one though.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Turkish Airlines to Introduce Daily Flight for Lahore

Post by Abbas Ali »

Turkish Airline announces daily flights to Lahore

Mr. Besim Perolli General Manager Turkish Airlines, Pakistan, informed that Turkish Airlines will operate daily flights from Lahore from August 2015. He said Turkish Airlines is always on the forefront of the latest technological advances and innovations in the aviation industry and boasts one of the youngest fleets.

Foreign Ministry of Turkey announced that Turkish Consulate will be opening an office in Lahore in next few months which will provide visa facilities for Punjab region.

Source: The News

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Turkish Airlines flights to Istanbul from Karachi and Islamabad are codeshared with PIA.

Are there also plans to include Turkish Airlines flights from Lahore to Istanbul in codeshare agreement with PIA?

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Turkish Airlines daily flights between Istanbul and Lahore will help in boosting trade between Turkey and Pakistan.

http://www.brecorder.com/business-a-eco ... 9/1215216/

Abbas

See you at:
747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

Abbas Ali wrote:Turkish Airlines flights to Istanbul from Karachi and Islamabad are codeshared with PIA.

Are there also plans to include Turkish Airlines flights from Lahore to Istanbul in codeshare agreement with PIA?

Abbas
Codeshared by Air Canada according to flightradar.
Jumbo is just not a plane, it's a legacy !
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Anyone know how these flights are doing? According to a friend to travelled on TK recently, the flights were quite full inbound and outbound.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Turkish Airlines now operating daily flights between Istanbul and Lahore with Airbus A330.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk714/

Abbas

See you at: