A320 seat configuration

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

A320 seat configuration

Post by Amaad Lone »

Currently PIA received its A320s in 180 seat configuration and changed it to 8 club class and 150 economy.

Most of these A320s will fly on regional routes ranging between 4 to 1.5 hours and compete against wide bodied aircraft of Emirates, Qatar and Etihad.

PIA should offer an excellent economy class product as I feel the medium haul club class traffic would not use PIA.

Maybe a 162 seat all economy layout, giving a good leg room and good fares will bring back economy traffic to PIA.

Keep club class traffic only on the 777s.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: A320 seat configuration

Post by Abbas Ali »

Maybe Business Class seats installed for Pakistan's elite traveling on PIA domestic flights performed by A320.

BTW, do parliamentarians get Business Class tickets for PIA domestic flights?

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

BTW, what's the seating configuration of A320s operated by Shaheen Air and airblue?

Abbas

See you at:
proudPakistani
Registered Member

Post by proudPakistani »

BTW, what's the seating configuration of A320s operated by Shaheen Air and airblue?

Abbas
All Enconmy class configurations on A320 and B737.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ Actually I want to know seating capacity of A320s operated by airblue and Shaheen Air.

Abbas

See you at:
GEnx
Registered Member

Post by GEnx »

I guess shaheen air A320s has 174 in all-eco i hav read it somewhere. Don't know about airblue 320s.
Btw, ammad lone has raised a very valid point. We should know that these bussiness class seats are installed only for vips/ parliamentarians. They installed 8 seats by removing 30 eco seats. This means u hav removed 17 percent of ur economy seats. Now u hav only 150 seats that will generate revenue. As those 8 club class seats would be mostly empty. This means 17 percent loss in revenue. You can imagine how drastically per seat cost rises. I'm pretty sure that per seat cost of PIA A320s is not going to be any better than a 737 classic in all-eco. Consider that A320neo brings 15% more efficiency as compared to A320ceos. But that advantage will be useless if the neo is configured by removing 17 % seats. The same happened with PIA. They moved from 737s to next generation A320s that are 15% more efficient but they configured it so badly that this advantage has diminished. Such an irresponsible attitude government has towards national carrier. They raise the slogans of reviving PIA by inducting modern aircrafts but actually, this is giving nothing of any benefit in actual.