Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Rehabilitated

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Rehabilitated

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) notice in today's (June 7) newspaper for pre-qualification of contractors for Allama Iqbal International Air Port (AIIAP) - Lahore main runway rehabilitation through provision of asphalt overlay for rigid pavement of runway.

Scope of Work (SOW) includes:

a. 96,600 metric tons (approximately) asphalt for 8'' thick overlay on rigid and flexible pavements.
b. Approved sealant for filling cracks and joints of existing pavement.
c. Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) standard waterborne paint for runway markings.
d. Provision of Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipes network for housing inset type/elevated runway lights

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Lahore Airport Main Runway to be Rehabilitated

Post by Abbas Ali »

Lahore Airport Runways

Main Runway 18L/36R measuring 11000 feet x 150 feet - concrete surface.

Secondary Runway 18R/36L measuring 9000 feet x 150 feet - asphalt surface.

Abbas

See you at:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Thats one good news about lahore airport but there is a question,,,, why they are not focusing on secondary runway which can be best use by extending from 36L... 2.9 km to 3.5 min and make it 60 feet wide so all types of aircraft can land. use 36R as an emergency runway...CAT 3b can easily installed on 36L because this runway has more space then 36R both ways....
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Omairi7 wrote:Thats one good news about lahore airport but there is a question,,,, why they are not focusing on secondary runway which can be best use by extending from 36L... 2.9 km to 3.5 min and make it 60 feet wide so all types of aircraft can land. use 36R as an emergency runway...CAT 3b can easily installed on 36L because this runway has more space then 36R both ways....
That should be definitely done especially when I think of my return Flight from LHE to FRA via DXB when the Runway was closed due to the Shaheen Air Incident (end of december) and we departed more than 36h later then scheduled.
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

I wish if some one from CAA of Pakistan and PIA too can read our views and share with their higher management.. [-o<
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

Omairi7 wrote:I wish if some one from CAA of Pakistan and PIA too can read our views and share with their higher management.. [-o<
shuahjat azeem has twitter account
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Hamad wrote:
Omairi7 wrote:Thats one good news about lahore airport but there is a question,,,, why they are not focusing on secondary runway which can be best use by extending from 36L... 2.9 km to 3.5 min and make it 60 feet wide so all types of aircraft can land. use 36R as an emergency runway...CAT 3b can easily installed on 36L because this runway has more space then 36R both ways....
That should be definitely done especially when I think of my return Flight from LHE to FRA via DXB when the Runway was closed due to the Shaheen Air Incident (end of december) and we departed more than 36h later then scheduled.
The traffic load in my opinion does not justify the need for an additional rwy and the extra cost (extn of 26L+Cat3b)
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I remember Secondary Runway 18R/36L was used by a PIA Boeing 777 flight when Main Runway 18L/36R was closed due to Shaheen Air Boeing 737-400 accident at Lahore Airport in December 2014.

viewtopic.php?t=22889

Abbas

See you at:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Actually what i really meant here is to prepare for the worst as you cannot land 77W on 36L and we are in need of fresh runway, read somewhere on this forum that Lhe airport runway 36R will also b refurnished too. Why not we refurnished 36L too and atleast prepare it as an emergency runway so in future we can use it accordingly.
Depending on the runway allignments and free area behind runways i thought 36L has more space and can be well managed too but it all depends on how CAA of Pakistan will deal with this....