Pakistan - UAE Air Service Agreement Revised

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Pakistan - UAE Air Service Agreement Revised

Post by Abbas Ali »

The UAE has updated air service agreement with Pakistan allowing open skies approach on new points in Pakistan including Quetta, Turbat, Gwadar, Panjgur as well as increased passenger capacity to Karachi, Faisalabad, Multan and Sialkot.

The two-day negotiations between both parties resulted in signing an updated air service agreement between Pakistan and the UAE.
Source: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/biz/inside. ... n=aviation

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Hamad
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan - UAE Air Service Agreement Revised

Post by Hamad »

Increased PAX Capacity to SKT could mean that EK will upgrade frequency to SKT or EY will launch Flights to SKT.
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

If Pakistan ever wanted to revisit it for benefit of national carriers, the Middle East would never accept it.

I don't mind competition, but if me3 are going to expand so much, they need to invest in our airports, like they do abroad.
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

This agreements was once discussed before.
this is a win win situation for UAE and UAE airlines but loose loose for PIA and other domestice airlines.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

Omairi7 wrote:This agreements was once discussed before.
this is a win win situation for UAE and UAE airlines but loose loose for PIA and other domestice airlines.
Yes the more I read this and similar news the more it angers me.

In 5 years from now, Gawadar might bring foreigners to see it etc and guess what, Emirates will be serving it. Before PIA might do Baluch city to Dubai but now Emirates will too. The govt is simply letting me3 kill PIA. Why would people fly PIA with bad name when Emirates is there which can offer cheaper fare due to its operations? PIA have new planes and improving but people will continue to choose me3 for years to come, and govt is making sure that happens. Maybe kickbacks? Who knows.

I just really hope govt puts very big tax on Karachi airport for international flights. Also other airports as well where me3 fly and use that money to upgrade our airports. If they're fine, use the surplus to make new airports.

Sadly the govt gives privileges away for peanuts and Emirates alone posts 1.5$ billion in profits.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

mehnat ker hassad na ker :D
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

For years, airports like Quetta, Multan and Faisalabad were ignored by PIA international flights route network.

Now the interest in these airports shown by gulf carriers should not upset PIA or agitate its employees.

Abbas

See you at:
talhamala
Registered Member

Post by talhamala »

boeing787 wrote:
Omairi7 wrote:This agreements was once discussed before.
Yes the more I read this and similar news the more it angers me.

In 5 years from now, Gawadar might bring foreigners to see it etc and guess what, Emirates will be serving it. Before PIA might do Baluch city to Dubai but now Emirates will too. The govt is simply letting me3 kill PIA. Why would people fly PIA with bad name when Emirates is there which can offer cheaper fare due to its operations? PIA have new planes and improving but people will continue to choose me3 for years to come, and govt is making sure that happens. Maybe kickbacks? Who knows.

I just really hope govt puts very big tax on Karachi airport for international flights. Also other airports as well where me3 fly and use that money to upgrade our airports. If they're fine, use the surplus to make new airports.

Sadly the govt gives privileges away for peanuts and Emirates alone posts 1.5$ billion in profits.

Omairi7 is right I mean that gulf careers are selfish they take full opportunity and kick you when you in need.
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Unfortunately this is how business works, PIA needs to compete and if not, it is not ME3's fault for the matter.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

boeing787 wrote:
Omairi7 wrote:I just really hope govt puts very big tax on Karachi airport for international flights. Also other airports as well where me3 fly and use that money to upgrade our airports. If they're fine, use the surplus to make new airports.
Protectionism never works, competition does. Just take the example of auto industry in Pakistan, what have we achieved after giving all sorts of incentives and protection to the cartel of 4 car manufacturers, substanadard product and high costs.
M3 operating so many flights to Pakistan shows that there is a market. Leaving aside the quality, do PIA and other pvt airlines have the capacity to take up this load, can PIA operate 9 flights a day to DXB, 2 to AUH and 2 to SHJ?????? EK alone operates 65 weekly flights to pakistani destinations.
Putting big tax on Khi airport is not the solution.
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

TAILWIND wrote:
boeing787 wrote:
Omairi7 wrote:I just really hope govt puts very big tax on Karachi airport for international flights. Also other airports as well where me3 fly and use that money to upgrade our airports. If they're fine, use the surplus to make new airports.
Protectionism never works, competition does. Just take the example of auto industry in Pakistan, what have we achieved after giving all sorts of incentives and protection to the cartel of 4 car manufacturers, substanadard product and high costs.
M3 operating so many flights to Pakistan shows that there is a market. Leaving aside the quality, do PIA and other pvt airlines have the capacity to take up this load, can PIA operate 9 flights a day to DXB, 2 to AUH and 2 to SHJ?????? EK alone operates 65 weekly flights to pakistani destinations.
Putting big tax on Khi airport is not the solution.
I doubt having $25 tax charge on ME3 airlines is going to drive them away. Sure PIA can pay $25 too, but PIA lets say have 5 flights international. but ME3 have 15 or whatever amount of international flights. If we cannot improve PIA, at least use money to improve airport. Mind you, airport tax has to be used for airports, not PIA. Or just have tax only for ME flights and use that money to set up middle east terminal. Oh and I do reckon that $25 tax will be put on probably tickets of people, but maybe national carriers can be forgiven by giving them subsidy, so they don't increase ticket price.

PIA is gov't entity. If gov't is giving protectionism to PIA, then they can make it work well in favour of public. Canada gives protectionism to Air Canada, and gives only 3 weekly flights to ME each, which it has bailed out in the past. At the same time the gov't will push Air Canada to work good. This boils down to incompetent management. Protectionism is good if the management is competent and gov't makes it work in favour of public.

Before I forget, if we had kept away ME from operating too many flights, we would still have British Airways, Swiss air, Lufthansa and many other airlines serving Pakistan. But it is simply not profitable for them, so they settle for code share. So imagine if one day Canada lets ME3 operate ulimited flights to Canada. Soon British airways will lose east Asia and Australia sector. Air Canada will lose pacific sectors (Australia/Japan etc). Many european and american airlines will lose east, south east and north east asian sectors.

Yes it is true that security is keeping away many airlines, but look at their map and see how they fly to countries with worse security than Islamabad/Karachi airport. And if BA or Swiss air stay away for security reasons, why ME3 continue to fly Pakistan? Simply too much $$.

Finally, PIA will never be able to compete in near future. Someone in Paris, Frankfurt or other places will prefer to take emirates with like 9 daily flights to Karachi. No more waiting in transit, which is very big concern. They know PIA is late 2-3 hours anyway so why not enjoy duty free shopping and boost UAE economy further.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

I must admit that we should handover the airports to Emirates and other gulf airlines and they will keep doing the business by throwing low fares.
One more dilemma we are facing is higher ratio of Taxes on our airports and ME3 Carriers are more then happy to pay because they are flying fuel efficient planes and use latest methods to save fuel and time too and thats where we are lacking too. Bad Weather, Fog and birds issues on runways , crapy airports with higher taxes, running short of aircrafts ,,, how can we survive with these big giants???
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Agrees with Boeing 787....
H Khan
Registered Member

Post by H Khan »

The big three U.S Airlines (AA, Delta, and United) have recently pushed a review against the G3 that these G3 airlines have received $40 billion from their govt as subsidiaries. If the review is approved they will most likely enforce Sherman Act. According to news big carriers like Lufthansa, Qantas, Cathy Pacific, and Virgin Atlantic might also join this review.

Recently, Qatar signed a deal with France for almost 7 billion euros to buy 24 Rafale fighter aircrafts. On the side, after the deal was signed it was disclosed that France has given permit for Qatar Airways to fly to two more destination within France. The new destination Nice-Côte d’Azur and Lyon-Saint Exupéry. This deal has already raised a lot of eye over the kickbacks.

My view is that these G3 have become way too big in a very short time. Recently JAL and ANA complained about the frequency of the flights into Japan from G3 while they have have to face a lot of restrictions.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The CAA said traffic rights to the UAE airlines for Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar had been frozen at the current level for the time-being because of infrastructure constraints at the airports concerned.

Open skies arrangements between Dubai and Karachi concluded in 1998 remained intact, it added.
Source: http://www.dawn.com/news/1186495/uae-ai ... e-airports

Abbas

See you at: