Emirates additional service to Karachi

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Humsafar
Registered Member

Emirates additional service to Karachi

Post by Humsafar »

Saw this news on airliners.net.

Effective July 1, 2015, Emirates will launch an additional 5 weekly flights to Karachi. This flight schedule is as follows:

EK 618 04:50 DXB 08:00 KHI on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
EK 619 09:40 KHI 10:55 DXB on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

This flight will be operated by a B777-200ER.

Unbelievable! On five days of the week, Emirates will operate 7 flights a day from Karachi.

In total, Emirates will operate 80 weekly flights to 6 destinations in Pakistan.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Re: Emirates launches Multan and additional service to Karachi

Post by Omairi7 »

Just cannot believe that EK is pushing more and more in Karachi especially giving headache to PIA and other airlines too.
I started a thread few days back about the EK's frequency on Lahore from 11 to 10 but now i believe i have got an automatic answer in the form of these two additions..
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
riz
Registered Member

Re: Emirates launches Multan and additional service to Karachi

Post by riz »

Time to rename Karachi Airport ?
R 1 z .

PK > EK. EI ED FZ WY B6 G9 EY NL QR GF TG PF.
Hamad
Registered Member

Re: Emirates additional service to Karachi

Post by Hamad »

Woow 7 Flights a day - that brings KHI on the same level with DOH - KHI is then along with DOH the most frequent operated destinations of EK.
Emirates should opens its own Lounge at KHI (if there is space available).
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Would it not be possible for EK to invest in KHI and maybe even get it A380 ready? I read somewhere that the CAA are giving other companies a chance to operate airports on their behalf or something like that. An investment by EK at KHI would be welcoming. As stated above a lounge is definately needed too.

Also does anyone know if EK offer F classes on their flights to KHI?
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Would it not be possible for EK to invest in KHI and maybe even get it A380 ready? I
No body is going to built it for you. This is responsibility of Pakistani Authorities to built infrastructure that lure investors and many other Airline including Emirates.
Fortune favours brave.
Humsafar
Registered Member

Post by Humsafar »

I'm sure Emirates wants to bring the A380 to Karachi.

As someone who frequently flies Emirates into Karachi, I personally hope they don't -- especially if that means they reduce frequency. Having six or seven flights a day is really convenient. Plus, imagine the Karachi passport control/immigration (which desperately needs to be expanded, by the way) with around 500 passengers, along with passengers arriving from other flights. It would take forever to get through.

That said, Emirates should totally have a lounge in Karachi -- though I'm not sure whether there's space for it.
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

baberblues wrote:Would it not be possible for EK to invest in KHI and maybe even get it A380 ready? I read somewhere that the CAA are giving other companies a chance to operate airports on their behalf or something like that. An investment by EK at KHI would be welcoming. As stated above a lounge is definately needed too.

Also does anyone know if EK offer F classes on their flights to KHI?

EK will look only at their benefits. they will promote themselves. What the airport can do is increase international fees and give excuse that to meet demand they need to charge more, because for better infrastructure. Many airports do this. PIA won't be badly effected as ME3, since PIA can operate other cities.
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

EK some times send 3 class configuration B77W with F suits but normally deploy 2 class versions on KHI route.

EK tends to work with Govt and requests for A380 capable gates and other facilities also they can request the Lounge too but it all depends on the Security situation of our country.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

Omairi7 wrote:EK some times send 3 class configuration B77W with F suits but normally deploy 2 class versions on KHI route.

EK tends to work with Govt and requests for A380 capable gates and other facilities also they can request the Lounge too but it all depends on the Security situation of our country.
I think business lounge will be good for security. People will feel more safe there.
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Dont EK have a lounge somewhere in Pakistan, I recall its opening discussed here some years back.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

BIG QUESTION is who will manages the EK lounge in Pakistan Airports especially where every one is a relative of high official :mrgreen: ...
Even with Economy class tickets, i have seen people using CIP lounges for free because they have support or some one at the airport.... in short,. RISHTEYDAARIYAAN..
It requires well trained staff with mangement to run the lounges in Pakistan......
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Darker side of these additional services is to loose business and cargo ... EK deploy Larger planes and carrying more cargo and pax... on the other side PK deploys smaller babies aircraft with less pax and small amount of cargo...
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Emirates Dubai- Karachi service increases from 42 to 47 weekly :!:

http://airlineroute.net/2015/06/05/ek-khimux-jul15/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

EK flew A380 to Tehran last year with about 300 passengers to mark some anniversary of Iran services, and parked it at remote stand.

Hope they do same for KHI, their first destination in the world and mark the launch of the airline in September 1985.