Air Indus Planning to Induct Dry Leased Airbus A320 Aircraft

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Air Indus Planning to Induct Dry Leased Airbus A320 Aircraft

Post by Abbas Ali »

Air Indus is planning to induct three Airbus A320 aircraft manufactured in 2004 on dry lease.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/890789/air- ... nal-skies/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Rana
Registered Member

Re: Air Indus Planning to Induct Dry Leased Airbus A320 Aircraft

Post by Rana »

I think they should try SUKHOI SUPER Jet 100 or Embraer 190 for their domestic routs on wet leas . According to company financial situation it will be batter, both are cheep and reliable . They have enough information about SUKHOI SUPER Jet 100. I know they cannot afford even B-737-400 due to financial situation but it is strange who is agree to give them A320 of 2004. They could not provide a European bank guaranty to JORDAN AVIATION for A B-737-400. dry lease. I seems that company is not in professional hands.
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

Rana wrote:I think they should try SUKHOI SUPER Jet 100 or Embraer 190 for their domestic routs on wet leas . According to company financial situation it will be batter, both are cheep and reliable . They have enough information about SUKHOI SUPER Jet 100. I know they cannot afford even B-737-400 due to financial situation but it is strange who is agree to give them A320 of 2004. They could not provide a European bank guaranty to JORDAN AVIATION for A B-737-400. dry lease. I seems that company is not in professional hands.
wet lease is allowed 3 months max i believe, so now it is going to be discouraging for airlines to go for wet lease unless its for umra/hajj season.

A320s are better since almost all airlines have switched from 737 to a320s. This means they can have them serviced in Pakistan in future.

I also think SUKHOI super jet is good craft because Pakistan can negotiate good prices since they don't have a name yet. But problem is financing. Europe/America is easier to finance than Russia. There is Canada bombardier C series too, but again financing issue comes to play.

Also a320/737 are proven aircrafts. We don't know about reliability or future of Sukhoi in lets say 10-20 years. This is why airbus/boeing will add extra price due to their history.
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Dear 787 . 737-800 is more reliable for more than 4h flight as compare to A320 even maintenance cost is less than A320 . You are right that issue is not the choice of 737-800 or A320 , issue is finance . I think they should try SUKHOI Super Jet or Embraer 190 . as they are cheep in lease . Does,nt matter for airline Witch aircraft, any way it is wet lease .
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

Rana wrote:Dear 787 . 737-800 is more reliable for more than 4h flight as compare to A320 even maintenance cost is less than A320 . You are right that issue is not the choice of 737-800 or A320 , issue is finance . I think they should try SUKHOI Super Jet or Embraer 190 . as they are cheep in lease . Does,nt matter for airline Witch aircraft, any way it is wet lease .
That's debateable whether 737 is better than a320. Air Canada exclusively has used a320 and will only now get all 737max. All Pakistan airlines also got a320s, because probably they came out to be cheaper on lease. Reliability is not only thing to consider, there are upfront cost, availability to lease etc etc.

Yes sukhoi is cheap, but again financing is an issue. I do not know if companies will offer dry lease for these jets, at least european and american, because remember, after 6-10 years, they will get these aircraft back and they won't know its value or if it is worth keeping anymore. But they know a320/737 even after 10 years can fly 15 more years.

That is why we're dry leasing some 10 year old a320 and still paying quite a sum. Also we're leasing used aircraft, which are quite old and will be cheaper compared to getting sukhoi new ones.
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
bigfish
Registered Member

Post by bigfish »

Should've done the homework and got the planes (proper quantity) BEFORE starting operations.

3 737's didn't work, now want 3 A320's. With their financial issues, i doubt if A320s can be leased....not looking good.
I continue to be wary of this airline and would never recommend it to anyone even if I was living in Pak.

All these issues just show the management of this airline don't know what they're doing. No homework, no preparation, everything on the whim.
Seems destined for failure. I hope CAA gives their planes a rigorous checks each time and check their pilots for fitness and skills/training with new type of ac.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

According to CAA, Air Indus carried 301,070 passengers or 8.6% of domestic passengers in the year which ended June 2014 – that was done by a new airline within a few months.

Despite only three Aircraft Air Indus carry good number of domestic passenger. Wondering how the share of Airblue and Shaheen looks like ?
Fortune favours brave.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I remember photos of Airbus A320 aircraft model in Air Indus colours before the airline started its operations with Boeing 737-300 aircraft.

There also were reports about Air Indus Boeing 737 flown by PIA pilots when the privately owned airline was experiencing shortage of pilots in 2013

Boeing 737-300s were phased out from PIA fleet in 2014 and maybe selection of A320 by Air Indus will also arrange PIA A320 pilots for Air Indus A320s when required.

The deployment of A320s on Air Indus international routes will help increasing airline's revenues.

BTW, privately-owned Pakistani airlines like Air Indus should also consider inducting turboprop aircraft for routes like Karachi-Sukkur, Lahore-Islamabad, Multan-Islamabad, Lahore-Multan etc.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Squawk_1200
Registered Member

Post by Squawk_1200 »

bigfish wrote: I hope CAA gives their planes a rigorous checks each time and check their pilots for fitness and skills/training with new type o.f ac
CAA should not limit this to Air Indus only this should be expand to all Pakistan,s airlines , all these airlines are induction new types of aircraft with massive upgrading and promotion of pilots , not much is known about there training and testing standards and skills either.
Airplane is flown with brain not with stick and rudder.
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

boeing787 wrote:
Rana wrote:I think they should try SUKHOI SUPER Jet 100 or Embraer 190 for their domestic routs on wet leas . According to company financial situation it will be batter, both are cheep and reliable . They have enough information about SUKHOI SUPER Jet 100. I know they cannot afford even B-737-400 due to financial situation but it is strange who is agree to give them A320 of 2004. They could not provide a European bank guaranty to JORDAN AVIATION for A B-737-400. dry lease. I seems that company is not in professional hands.
wet lease is allowed 3 months max i believe, so now it is going to be discouraging for airlines to go for wet lease unless its for umra/hajj season.

A320s are better since almost all airlines have switched from 737 to a320s. This means they can have them serviced in Pakistan in future.

I also think SUKHOI super jet is good craft because Pakistan can negotiate good prices since they don't have a name yet. But problem is financing. Europe/America is easier to finance than Russia. There is Canada bombardier C series too, but again financing issue comes to play.

Also a320/737 are proven aircrafts. We don't know about reliability or future of Sukhoi in lets say 10-20 years. This is why airbus/boeing will add extra price due to their history.
Let we will discuss what is the difference between wet & dry lease)
1) Dry Lease , leasing company giving just aircraft but checking operates,s capability of maintenance and crew skill also so that after finishing leasing contract they can get back aircraft in same condition. Here is a big problem with proper maintenance . To get on dry lease is very difficult for any Pakistani operator due to absence of a maintenance company EASA approved MRO level.

2) WET Lease or ACMI (Aircraft+Crew+Maintenance+Insurance) in this case operation just have to pay per month hiring plane an amount and it is not their headache about maintenance, spare parts, crew etc. they need a serviceable plane for their operation . In this case leasing company have no risk except payment witch is facing mostly leasing company who they touch Airlines like INDUS. )) . But wet lease is easy for any Pakistani operator. I cannot understand where is problem if operator will get A320 or B737-NG , Embraer 190 just only a little bit fuel consumption issue and A320 is available easily in market than B737-NG . For domestic operation they can get on ACMI Embraer 190 or Sukhoi Super Jet with seat capacty ~120 pax. it is cheep than A319 & B737-NG approximately 2 time . To make a money Embraer or Sukhoi Super Jet is good option.
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Here are some Major Airlines operating Embraer 190/195 and Sukhoi Supejet 100 in the meantime

Embraer 190/195-------------------------IN FLEET-----ORDERED
1) Air Canada------------(Canada)----------45------------ 45
2) JetBlue Airways-------(USA)--------------47-------------75
2) Tianjin Airlines-------(China)------------36-------------50
3) KLM Cityhopper-------(Netherlands)-----28-------------28
4) Austral Líneas---------(Argentina)-------22-------------/
5) Virgin Australia--------(Australia)--------18------------18
6) Lufthansa City Line---(Germany)--------16------------30
7) Republic Airlines------(USA)--------------15-------------15
08) US Airways-------------(USA)--------------15-------------32
9) Flybe--------------------(UK)----------------14------------14
10) Finnair----------------(Finland)-----------12------------13
11) Air France Régional-(France)------------10------------10
12) Alitalia CityLiner----(Italy)---------------05-------------/
13) Royal Jordanian-----(Jordan)------------05-------------02
....... and more

Sukhoi Super Jet 100-----------------------IN FLEET-----ORDERED
1) Aeroflot--------( Russian Federation)-----19-------------50
2) Interjet---------(Mexico)-------------------15-------------30
3) Gazpromavia (Russian Federation)-------08-------------10
4) Sky Aviation--(Poland)----------------------/--------------12
5) Comlux--------(Switzerland)----------------/--------------02
6) Willis Lease Finance ( USA)----------------/--------------06
.... and more
Why a Pakistan operator do,nt want to try on wet lease ????
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

By the who is giving them A320 on dry lease? who will be responsible in this case? We all know their financial capability. I think some body want to do business on AIR INDUS plate form. They want to use their operator license)) may be i am not right
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

boeing787 wrote:
I also think SUKHOI super jet is good craft because Pakistan can negotiate good prices since they don't have a name yet. But problem is financing. Europe/America is easier to finance than Russia.
Super jet is not fully Russian plane like Tupolev &Ilyushin. It is assembled at Sukhoi factory Russia same like JF 17 Thunder in Pakistan.
Shares detail
71,9929% — Sukhoi Company, CJSC RUSSIA
25,0000% — World's Wing SA (Alenia Aeronautica subsidiary ITALY )
3,0071% — Sukhoi Design Bureau, JSC RUSSIA

Just Fuselage and Air-conditioning sys is Russian . Details of all other parts are here .
http://www.scac.ru/en/products/sukhoi-superjet100/

I hope any Pakistani Airlines should try this plane for their domestic and 1-3 hours international routs on wet lease (ACMI). They can try because there is no risk and head of maintenance and other staff & lease can be cheap.