PK EY code share

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Re: PK EY code share

Post by Sherry3002 »

Sahil Ali wrote:It can be something like this too. That code sharing is not some life time thing. If the code sharing goes successful and PIA gets to make money by selling tickets no matter if very few on these new routes and those routes which PIA no more fly's due to lack of aircraft. PIA can start flying these routes on it's own when the code sharing ends when they regain the load through this code sharing. That's the only reason they are increasing their fleet. To get back to the same number which once PIA used to have and fly the routes PIA has ended.
That would be a very clever strategy! Would like to see that :D
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Sherry3002 wrote:
Sahil Ali wrote:It can be something like this too. That code sharing is not some life time thing. If the code sharing goes successful and PIA gets to make money by selling tickets no matter if very few on these new routes and those routes which PIA no more fly's due to lack of aircraft. PIA can start flying these routes on it's own when the code sharing ends when they regain the load through this code sharing. That's the only reason they are increasing their fleet. To get back to the same number which once PIA used to have and fly the routes PIA has ended.
Forget it man, PIA is lame enough to drop pretty loyal, uncontested and established markets. What make you think that selling ticket for EY as an unannounced commission agent would let them to capture market?
Fortune favours brave.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

ammad wrote:
Sherry3002 wrote:
Forget it man, PIA is lame enough to drop pretty loyal, uncontested and established markets. What make you think that selling ticket for EY as an unannounced commission agent would let them to capture market?
Kya pata some amazing CEO comes and decides this is the right thing to do.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

^^, Sure, Keep dreaming.
Fortune favours brave.
EK622
Registered Member

Post by EK622 »

Friends, there was a time when PIA was one of the most reputable and respectable airline in the world.
We can againt achieve that landmark but for that we need to do the things right and raise the standards as well.

Before this code share i blv PK-TK code share was more attracting one but same PALPA and other associations messed up the situation. I heard that TK wants to upgrade KHI too as a secondry hub for Aussie flying operations. Anyways it was past. Lets pray and stay positive about our airline.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

EK622 wrote:Friends, there was a time when PIA was one of the most reputable and respectable airline in the world.
We can againt achieve that landmark but for that we need to do the things right and raise the standards as well.

Before this code share i blv PK-TK code share was more attracting one but same PALPA and other associations messed up the situation. I heard that TK wants to upgrade KHI too as a secondry hub for Aussie flying operations. Anyways it was past. Lets pray and stay positive about our airline.
Hear, hear. :D

Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

What is the seat pitch on PIA?

CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

EK622 wrote:Friends, there was a time when PIA was one of the most reputable and respectable airline in the world.

Pakistan was a different country back then, it was one of the crowd, foreigners would come and go with no care, like they do in India, gentry was running PIA aspiring for world standards, airline and travel industry was known to be domain of refined and cultured people, not anymore.

Afghanistan has met worse fate than Pakistan, westetn attired women students were the norm in colleges/university there, and I mean in skirts, even in liberal Pakistan of the good old days it was a rare sight if ever to see a woman in skirt..
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

CoyBoy wrote:

Pakistan was a different country back then, it was one of the crowd, foreigners would come and go with no care, like they do in India, gentry was running PIA aspiring for world standards, airline and travel industry was known to be domain of refined and cultured people, not anymore.

Afghanistan has met worse fate than Pakistan, westetn attired women students were the norm in colleges/university there, and I mean in skirts, even in liberal Pakistan of the good old days it was a rare sight if ever to see a woman in skirt..
I will have to agree. You can never have a good airline without having a good country, in the sense that foreigners want to go there. We can re attract Pakistani pax, but not foreigners. Which foreigner would want to transit through Pakistan? We can only rely on Pakistanis, not any westerner. ISB is a mess, KHI and LHE are a bit better, but still, when some foreigner thinks of Pakistan, they think of Taliban, terrorism and Sharia Law.

EK is only doing well because people want to come to DXB. If they had a terrible hub with security threats, they wouldn't make it past a small regional airline. Doubt we will ever see PIA planes full of tourists, like Qatar airways or Emirates.