PK EY code share

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
A340-600
Registered Member

PK EY code share

Post by A340-600 »

Dear All,

This is to update all the members regarding a code share arrangement between PIA and Etihad which is scheduled for a kick off from June 15, 2015.

It is going to be a freesale code share which in the first phase will see PK code sharing on EY operated flights to the following points:

AMMAN, NAIROBI, ATHENS, FRANKFURT, ROME, MADRID, AMSTERDAM, DALLAS FORT WORTH, WASHINGTON, LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO, SAN FRANCISCO, NEW YORK.

Also all flights between Pakistan and AUH will be code share operations with both carriers putting their codes on each other's flights.

Once this work out for the two carriers, there are more destinations that PIA and EY will look into code sharing.

Lets just pray that PIA benefits from the arrangement.
747-300
Registered Member

Re: PK EY code share

Post by 747-300 »

Apparently EY codeshare with Virgin Australia , Fly nas and Air Kenya to Karachi ! That's why they operate 2 A320 a day and the next day one A321 and one A320.
Right now iam trying to catch Etihads A321 A6-AEF which comes many times to Karachi at Dawn.
I was able to catch this :D :D

Etihad Airways - A6-EIJ - A320 - OPKC-25R by abdus sattar00, on Flickr
Jumbo is just not a plane, it's a legacy !
747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

Today Ey 200 Abu Dhabi - Karachi to be operated by the big Airbus A340 600 :D
Will convince my parents to take me there and let me catch it :/ :D
Umair94
Registered Member

Post by Umair94 »

KLM and EY have also got codeshares for Amsterdam since 2012 they aimed to get passengers from and to Pakistan. But EK seems to be operating cheaper.
All The Way, It's PIA
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

A340-600 wrote:Dear All,

This is to update all the members regarding a code share arrangement between PIA and Etihad which is scheduled for a kick off from June 15, 2015.

It is going to be a freesale code share which in the first phase will see PK code sharing on EY operated flights to the following points:

AMMAN, NAIROBI, ATHENS, FRANKFURT, ROME, MADRID, AMSTERDAM, DALLAS FORT WORTH, WASHINGTON, LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO, SAN FRANCISCO, NEW YORK.

Also all flights between Pakistan and AUH will be code share operations with both carriers putting their codes on each other's flights.

Once this work out for the two carriers, there are more destinations that PIA and EY will look into code sharing.

Lets just pray that PIA benefits from the arrangement.
Does this mean that PIA will not operate their own 777s on JFK, NY either and all the load will be carried by EY?
imiakhtar
Registered Member

Post by imiakhtar »

Dr747 wrote: Does this mean that PIA will not operate their own 777s on JFK, NY either and all the load will be carried by EY?
No.

It just means the airlines will be able to sell tickets on each other's behalf.

Though I do think in the long run PIA should withdraw from JFK and North America.
Feel free to add me to your MSN!
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Do PIA employees unions have plans to protest against this codeshare like they did against Turkish Airlines?

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

mac777
Registered Member

Post by mac777 »

u got it! nice catch.
did the a340-600 also visit karachi today?
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Thanks for sharing this great Picture showing Etihad's first Narrowbody Aircraft with the new Livery.
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
mac777
Registered Member

Post by mac777 »

so pia will join the informal etihad "alliance" - it has no chance to join any of the 3 others.
at the en of the day it might end with only pia feeding etihad with little potential of the other way round.
& for the code share to work,pia will have to reverse the pattern of most flights to uae ending up in dubai. they will have to send at least one flight a320) to abu abhi from karachi,lahore,peshawar and islamabad. why not the others like multan,faisalabad an sialkot.
they should maintain their uk and jfk ops. the code share should only add more convenience/options/estinations not currently flown.
i wont be surprised if this is the first step of an equity purchase by etihad.
bigfish
Registered Member

Post by bigfish »

mac777 wrote:so pia will join the informal etihad "alliance" - it has no chance to join any of the 3 others.
at the en of the day it might end with only pia feeding etihad with little potential of the other way round.
& for the code share to work,pia will have to reverse the pattern of most flights to uae ending up in dubai. they will have to send at least one flight a320) to abu abhi from karachi,lahore,peshawar and islamabad. why not the others like multan,faisalabad an sialkot.
they should maintain their uk and jfk ops. the code share should only add more convenience/options/estinations not currently flown.
i wont be surprised if this is the first step of an equity purchase by etihad.
why would EY want to pair up with an airline that can't meet many of its obligations, has cabin crew that gets involved in crime/smuggling, cancels flights at the whim, crappy planes and food/IFE, etc. It will bring down EY's standards and reputation by doing codeshare....

EY already gets great loads from Pak, so why do they need this at all is what I am wondering...it does not make sense why they want to partner with an airline that has only a few routes left
talhamala
Registered Member

Post by talhamala »

I think they want to train their cadets :-k
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

It seems like a rumour because there is no official statement or confirmation by Etihad/PIA. Above mentioned information found on Wikipedia, which is not a reliable source.

BTW, On Wikipedia it is linked to ETIHAD FAST FACTS AND FIGURES Q3/2013 (http://www.etihad.com/Documents/PDFs/Co ... 013-en.pdf) but PIA no where exist in CODESHARE PARTNERS. So this reference is just a fake one.

Someone posted same type of information on http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... 6401777/1/ but without any single authentic source.

List of "Our partner airlines" / "Codeshare partnerships" on Etihad Airways official website doesn't confirm any type of agreement with Pakistan International Airlines.

Link-1: Etihad | Our partner airlines
Link-2: Etihad | Codeshare partnerships
kash
Registered Member

Post by kash »

Agree with above. Why on earth would Etihad code share with PIA? EY is a 4* rated airline whilst PIA is a 2-3*