The Etihad Global Seat Sale - Newspaper Ad

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

The Etihad Global Seat Sale - Newspaper Ad

Post by Abbas Ali »

Etihad Airways full page advertisement in today's (February 26) newspaper.

The Etihad Global Seat Sale

Over 1,000,000 seats at up to 30% off

Book by 3 March 2015
Travel: 3 March - 12 December 2015

Middle East

Economy Class from (PKR)*

Business Class from (PKR)*

Africa

Scandinavia

Europe

The Americas

Australia

Also earn double Etihad Guest Miles in Business and Economy Class.

Book Now!

*Terms and conditions apply. The fares mentioned above include taxes and surcharges and exclude service fees. These fares are "starting from" fares departing from Karachi and are subject to availability. Promotional fares are also available for departures from Islamabad and Lahore. Flight and day restrictions apply. Weekend surcharges apply. Offers also includes flights operated by partner airlines. For full list of destinations and detailed terms & conditions, visit etihad.com.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
pk363
Registered Member

Re: The Etihad Global Seat Sale - Newspaper Ad

Post by pk363 »

They are trumpeting this on FM channels here in UAE as well. I don't have any experience but friends who did travel with them were complaining of poor service, particularly the handling at AUH airport. On the contrary EK is just superb and always first choice with family to travel to Pakistan specially if one is in Sharjah/Ajman/Dubai areas.
Pineapple
Registered Member

Re: The Etihad Global Seat Sale - Newspaper Ad

Post by Pineapple »

Their customer service and transfer desks at AUH terminal 1 and 3 BOTH have VERY VERY poor passenger management. Travelled with them in Dec-2014 to Jan-2015 on SYD-AUH-LHE route and return. Passenger were in lines for upto 6 hours !!! Only to get a boarding pass re-issued. Many passengers were shouting, yelling and arguing with eachother in the lines and with EY customer service staff.

It was like a scene you'd expect at Pak airport. Like a fish market. Frustrated people everywhere, some collapsing, sitting and sleeping on their luggage. While the UNDERSTAFFED AND OVERWORKED transfer desk staff was moving at snail's pace in getting simple information. I wasn't expecting this worldclass airline to have such poorly trained customer service staff. Literally serving one customer per hour and each time a customer left counter there was huge clapping from dozens of people in the lines. Some started loudly yelling Go Emirates!!! loudly in the face of EY customer service staff. You can imagine how embarrassing that is when competitor's name being rubbed in the face. :oops:

The only positive outcome was when in late Dec 2014, foggy weather and shaheen air blocking runway. Caused a massive backlog of passengers. Where every ME airline (EY, EK, QR) had brought bigger 777 jets and not one but two jets. It was like a massive rescue operation going on with 700+ passengers of Eithad only. They upgraded me free to business class. A fantastic photo opportunity it was to capture a busy apron full of 777s and two ore more from each airline. I think a HoP member has posted it recently. :)
4 engines 4 long-haul