Two Rowdy Passengers of Flight PK-790 Held at Lahore Airport

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
umar744
Registered Member

Re: Two Rowdy Passengers of Flight PK-790 Held at Lahore Air

Post by umar744 »

Surprised Thai Airways is Number One best cabin crew

Best cabin crew

1. Thai Airways

2. Cathay Pacific

3. Singapore Airlines

4. Asiana Airlines

5. Garuda Indonesia

6. Qatar Airways

7. EVA Air

8. ANA All Nippon Airways

9. Emirates

10. Hainan Airlines
Squawk_1200
Registered Member

Post by Squawk_1200 »

umar744 wrote:Qatar is Airline top five 5 stars in world same like Thai Airways Cabin crew excellent services. My brother PIA staff flew Qatar is very wonderful thank to Cabin crew welcome visit business & first class but PIA is very low less star. Most European Airlines are excellent services. sorry I have NOT often fly PIA for long time but I have NO problem with PIA when I flew PIA many times. You know long time ago very poplar flew PIA everytime passenger were very happy with PIA before but PIA closed down & cut & reduced flight less but how did Thai Airways new A330 RR engine daily every day to Lahore by passenger like fly Thai Airways instead of PIA because of cabin crew nice.

Umar744 few months ago I flew with PIA from JFk to Lahore it was not a bad experience at all if I compare it with the British Airways , KLM, or other European airlines, believe me these European airlines did not offer or provided anything extra ordinary inflight that PIA dont.

At least the male cabin attendants of that PIA flight were friendly fresh, alert and active , I forgot the name of male FA who served the alleys through out the flight , at any call he would show up with a smiling face and especially trying his best to discipline the restless and uncontrolled American born kids in a very friendly way

Female flight attendants of PIA usually hide in the kitchen and only attend passengers flying with family or when the meals are served , this is true and I have seen this few times on PIA flight some male Pakistani passengers deliberately get obnoxious and nasty with female FAs , I think that is the reason female FA avoid passengers travelling alone.

The complaints people make about the cabin services and operational issues are all avoidable and can be corrected all PIA has to do is put just a right man for the right job from top to bottom in the management and in relevant departments.

I travelled with Etihad in 2007 from Abu Dhabi to Damascus Syria for a pilgrimage trip, at that time airline was new, clean new aircraft ,good food and friendly staff , three years later I flew with Etihad to Munich Germany it was the worse experience I had, aircraft were old, crappy seats and the rude cabin staff , now a days Etihad cabin staff especially those from Asia most from Philippines are very rude with Pakistani and Indian passengers , the food they served was stale and smelly looks like it was prepared about 10 or 14 hours ago I could not figure out if it was chicken or lamb. Etihad graph has started to fall rapidly soon there monopoly will be gone.

If you get a chance to travel by any US based airline or carrier and push the call bell dont be surprised if those middle age flight attendant ladies run to bite you.
Airplane is flown with brain not with stick and rudder.
bigfish
Registered Member

Post by bigfish »

I just wonder, if these airlines don't like the Pakistani passengers, then why do they still fly to Pakistan anyway?

Why not pull away their planes and use them into other countries?
FKhan722
Registered Member

Post by FKhan722 »

Squawk_1200 wrote:
At least the male cabin attendants of that PIA flight were friendly fresh, alert and active , I forgot the name of male FA who served the alleys through out the flight , at any call he would show up with a smiling face and especially trying his best to discipline the restless and uncontrolled American born kids in a very friendly way
In a humble way - just a quick question - did the restless and uncontrolled American born kids have their US passports stuck to their foreheads so that they could be correctly identified as American, and second - can we safely assume that if the flight originated in Lahore and was heading to JFK - the restless and uncontrolled kids could have been Pakistani born?
Umair94
Registered Member

Post by Umair94 »

The problem is the quality of crew courses and training being provided by PIA. I really wonder what they cover.
All The Way, It's PIA
PKPANL
Registered Member

Post by PKPANL »

The same experience I had with Etihad Airways while were travelling to Abu Dhabi from Islamabad during Ramzan. The flight was about an hour after Iftar time and the people including me were asking for more water as a small quantity was not enough after long summer fast. The crew was behaving very rudely. There were very little turbulence and as I asked for more water she replied we have to go back it is shaking. The same I observed with other passengers too.

I am travelling from 18 years and most of the experience was with PIA and I never regret. Presently not only for PIA but the situation is same in every organization in Pakistan.
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

FKhan722 wrote:
Squawk_1200 wrote:
In a humble way - just a quick question - did the restless and uncontrolled American born kids have their US passports stuck to their foreheads so that they could be correctly identified as American, and second - can we safely assume that if the flight originated in Lahore and was heading to JFK - the restless and uncontrolled kids could have been Pakistani born?
Accent my friend. Kids from USA/UK are easy to recognise due to their English language accents. And with most of them even Urdu is easier to distinguish.

To all of those who are bashing one airline or other, I would say compare apple with apple, ie same route served by different airlines. In my experience, at least up until few years ago PIA had better service on Pakistani routes than ME carriers. I had enjoyed PIA over ME. In last few years, PIA has gone downhill with ME services looking better than them. Staff in PIA planes was pleasant and coped with us better. Due to multiple factors, they seemed to have lost motivation and it shows in service now.
As far as this incident is concerned, It is an issue that should have not made it to press/media. A passenger who did not pay fare for a certain class and wanted to fly in that class was dealt with on arrival by the authorities, end of. Does not matter who they are. End of. It could have happened on any airline and would have been dealt with in one way or another once passenger landed, exactly what PIA did here.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Some more info:
Amal Peerzada’s brief detention at airport

February 05, 2015

Amraiz Khan

LAHORE -
Amal Peerzada, daughter of renowned artist Usman Peerzada, was detained by ASF at Lahore airport for travelling in Club class against the ticket of Economy class for an international flight, sources in PIA said on Wednesday.

Amal was coming back from Toronto to Lahore by PIA flight Pk-790 and she landed at Allama Iqbal International Airport at 4:20pm.

ASF and PIA authorities detained her for almost two hour.

She was travelling in economy class but entered in Club class to see one of her female friend who was travelling in club class.

After sitting with her friend more than 20 minutes in club class, the cabin crew asked her to leave the club class since they were going to serve the club class passengers.

But she refused to leave saying that she would not be served with any food.

The crew asked her again but she remained unmoved; ultimately the crew put the matter into the notice of Flight captain Abdul Aziz who came out of his cabin and requested Amal to leave the business class but all in vain.

She remained in club class for more than two hours during the flight.

Soon after the flight landed at Lahore airport, the pilot called the Airport Security Force and PIA security to control the rowdy passenger.

It was decided that Amal would pay fare difference of economy and Club class which was US$1500.

Passenger called her father Usman Peerzada who rushed to airport but was not keeping required money with him.

Ultimately, her passport was held by PIA security and was allowed to go home.

Source: The Nation
Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: