PIA Employees Air Tickets Revised Tax Collection Begins

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: PIA Employees Air Tickets Revised Tax Collection Begins

Post by Amaad Lone »

Each ticket has a certain percentage in taxes and certain percentage that goes to the airline.

So makes good sense if the airline employee wants to travel on PIA and use the free ticket, he or she should pay the taxes owed on the ticket to the government.

Why should a bankrupt company be forced to pay government taxes on a facility it is giving to its OVERSTAFFED labor force.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Amaad Lone wrote:Each ticket has a certain percentage in taxes and certain percentage that goes to the airline.

So makes good sense if the airline employee wants to travel on PIA and use the free ticket, he or she should pay the taxes owed on the ticket to the government.

Why should a bankrupt company be forced to pay government taxes on a facility it is giving to its OVERSTAFFED labor force.
100% agree with you
Umar Farooq wrote:What's about those who implemented this tax; they arrange special VIP B777 and A320 flights for foreign tours with their families, friends and so on..?? :roll:
I am telling about departments not about Politicians . DO,NT DISPATCH THEIR FLIGHTS AND THINK BEFORE CAST UR VOTE
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

You know the thing that beats me is when people with limited or no knowledge in airline business pass their judgement on whats right and wrong just because they happen to be aviation enthusiasts or true patriots.

People, usually a free ticket to the employee means a 'sublo' ticket. This 'sublo' in case you don't know means 'subject to load', which means seat will only be given to the employee or to his/her authorised family member if its still not sold till the closing of the flight which means till the last 30 mins of departure. In simple words, if the flight is going empty, airline might as well allow its employees to hop in for free or on discounted fare. Now please explain it to me why on earth the government should be minting money from an employee if he travels in his own airline for free, after all he is entitled for this fringe benefit. This is not just in PIA or something out of the ordinary rather happens in every single damn airline of the world.

FYI, governments in Europe and North America don't even charge a single penny to the local airline employees for availing this facility, don't know why does PK government feel the right to suck this one out.

The question should not be why so many free tickets had been awarded to PIA employees, rather one should be asking why government still hasn't fired excess people in the airline?
taha_imran4
Registered Member

Post by taha_imran4 »

^ Thank you =D>
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Airborne wrote:You know the thing that beats me is when people with limited or no knowledge in airline business pass their judgement on whats right and wrong just because they happen to be aviation enthusiasts or true patriots.

People, usually a free ticket to the employee means a 'sublo' ticket. This 'sublo' in case you don't know means 'subject to load', which means seat will only be given to the employee or to his/her authorised family member if its still not sold till the closing of the flight which means till the last 30 mins of departure. In simple words, if the flight is going empty, airline might as well allow its employees to hop in for free or on discounted fare. Now please explain it to me why on earth the government should be minting money from an employee if he travels in his own airline for free, after all he is entitled for this fringe benefit. This is not just in PIA or something out of the ordinary rather happens in every single damn airline of the world.

FYI, governments in Europe and North America don't even charge a single penny to the local airline employees for availing this facility, don't know why does PK government feel the right to suck this one out.

The question should not be why so many free tickets had been awarded to PIA employees, rather one should be asking why government still hasn't fired excess people in the airline?
EVERY think that he is most experienced here ))))) A tug driver is also want to write here that I HAVE MORE THAN 25 YEARS AVIATION EXPERIENCE AND WANT TO DISCUS OPERATIONS , MAINTENANCE ann AVIATION BUSSINESS )))))
Please do,nt tell about Europe, every body know what is an European Airline. and we are not living in north America, first bring your economy equal to them
Let to topic " FREE ticket mean that according to agreement in that countries employee do not pay any charge of security check and all other airport fee ,other taxis to govt. In this case ticket will be free, airline can provide seat, meal etc. But if airline witch is already near to bankrupt have to pay from his pocket all taxis and charges ????? JUST DO AIRLINE PROFITABLE AND THAN ASK ABOUT FACILITIES
Last edited by Rana on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Airborne wrote:You know the thing that beats me is when people with limited or no knowledge in airline business pass their judgement on whats right and wrong just because they happen to be aviation enthusiasts or true patriots.
What a generalised statement. How can Mr Airborne claim monololy over knowledge of airline business and condemning majority to being mere enthusiasts and patriots. There are ppl on this forum who have spend life time in aviation and airlines and do know a 'little bit' as to how things work
Now please explain it to me why on earth the government should be minting money from an employee if he travels in his own airline for free, after all he is entitled for this fringe benefit.
If there is a tax levied on an ordinary passenger, why should airline pay that tax and not the employee 'travelling in his own airline'.
Are you sure, better re-check
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

As per local sources, National Industrial Relations Commission (NIRC) suspended revised tax collection till 'throughout consideration'; as Air League (CBA) placed a petition.
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Umar Farooq wrote:As per local sources, National Industrial Relations Commission (NIRC) suspended revised tax collection till 'throughout consideration'; as Air League (CBA) placed a petition.
=D> =D> =D> PRIVATIZATION IS THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR THIS COMPANY . Privatization should be fare not to PML(N) group financiers. I hope operates like ETIHAD will among real buyers as they have bought ALITALIA , VIRGIN , AIRBERLIN ,JETAIRWAYS ,etc then every thing will be perfect and only professionals will be the part of company and once again PIA will be a good operator .
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

TAILWIND wrote:
What a generalised statement. How can Mr Airborne claim monololy over knowledge of airline business and condemning majority to being mere enthusiasts and patriots. There are ppl on this forum who have spend life time in aviation and airlines and do know a 'little bit' as to how things work
Now please explain it to me why on earth the government should be minting money from an employee if he travels in his own airline for free, after all he is entitled for this fringe benefit.
If there is a tax levied on an ordinary passenger, why should airline pay that tax and not the employee 'travelling in his own airline'.
Are you sure, better re-check
Tailwind my friend, I had always been a big fan of your posts. You always had presented logical and valid arguments, no offense please but I don't know what went wrong here. I posted my comment after so many years simply because people tend to get personal and can't accept difference of opinions, and I can see that happening again.

I am not a person with monopoly, but rather an airline pilot who has flown not just in PIA, but also in middle east and North America. For starters and FYI, American & Delta Airlines charge only $75 for employee and $50 for each of their family members ONCE per year ONLY as processing fee for availing unlimited 'standby' meaning 'sublo' travel WITHOUT paying any tax to any government.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Airborne wrote:Tailwind my friend, I had always been a big fan of your posts. You always had presented logical and valid arguments, no offense please but I don't know what went wrong here.
My apologies, sir. Happy Landings
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Rana wrote:American & Delta Airlines charge only $75 for employee and $50 for each of their family members ONCE per year
Not sure about Delta, but American don't charge for non-rev employee and for dependent traveler. They also offer 16 buddy passes on each year which can be given to any one, friends, extended family.

However there is priority system in American Airline, which goes as shown below,

D1 Passes are only four high priority passes per year
D2 Passes are unlimited passes for employees and eligible dependents they are free, all you have to create PNR using
http://jetnet.aa.com

D2p are lower than D2 and for Parents travel
D3 are buddy passes and they are expensive passes and charged to employee, usually deducted from paycheck.

D2P and D3 passes are not free but D1 and D2 are employee passes and they are free for domestic travel. For International travel employee have to pay taxes for even D2 and D1 passes, which is like 150$ return from JFK to Japan flight.
Fortune favours brave.
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

January 22, 2014 - Order of National Industrial Relations Commission (NIRC) for suspension of Revised Tax Collection.

umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

my staff ticket wonderful with star alliance member
1. ZED R2 standby Low fare unlimited Economy & Business Class & First Class
2. ZED R1 confirmed seat low fare unlimited bookable 90days before departure
3. Free annual one R1 confirmed four sector international
4. Free annual two R1 confirmed two sector domestic
5. Free annual one R2 standby two sector Swiss Airline between Bangkok and Zurich
Thai Airways staff ticket is best number one same Lufthansa Swiss SAS
PIA do not allow upgrade Business class to staff Economy class when full Economy class
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources, PIA employees in Islamabad and Multan are holding protest against imposition of additional/increased tax on tickets issued to airline's employees. PIA offices are closed in Multan. The employees are also are demanding salary increase. At Islamabad Airport PIA employees are demonstrating outside Rawal Lounge.

The employees have threatened to suspend airline's flight operations.

The departure of PIA flight PK-701 to Manchester is delayed due to protesting employees of the airline at Islamabad Airport.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources:

PIA employees refused to provide mobile stairs to airline's flights that arrived in Islamabad and Quetta.

Passengers had to remain aboard the aircraft for long duration.

Due to PIA employees protest flight operations also disrupted at airports of Quetta and Lahore.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: