Emirates Pilot Complains Against Laser Light at Karachi

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Emirates Pilot Complains Against Laser Light at Karachi

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to a news channel, pilot of December 29 Emirates flight EK-602 from Dubai to Karachi has complained against laser light targeting the aircraft during landing at Karachi Airport.

On December 29, Emirates Boeing 777-31HER registration A6-EBL performed Dubai to Karachi flight EK-602.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/a6-ebl/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
GEnx
Registered Member

Re: Emirates Pilot Complains Against Laser Light at Karachi

Post by GEnx »

What could be reason behind such incidents.? Who tries to target aircrafts from lasers and why? Believe me i have seen aircrafts being targeted by green-coloured laser lights on a couple of occasions. In 2012, i saw a PIA 747 which had just took off from Lahore airport, and i saw laser light moving on the aircraft for 3-4 seconds. My cousin who was beside me also saw that, and we both were surprised to see that. Then, last year i was on the roof of one of my relatives house near Karachi airport. I saw an aircraft approaching airport targeted again by green laser. This time it was much clear. The aircraft was at at a very low altitude, almost 1-1.5 km before runway so i saw it clearly. I waited for the next plane coming to land. Same happened with that one too. And the third one also. The laser was flashing on the left sides of the aircrafts, moving all around the fuselage.

And since now, we all know that aircrafts have been fired upon by the militants in Pakistan, i am afraid if anyone is doing this for any such acts. :-k I pray that i'm wrong.