Shaheen Air incident at Lahore Airport (30 Dec 2014)

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Re: Shaheen Air incident at Lahore Airport (30 Dec 2014)

Post by Vaqar Khan »

^
Thank you A310! I think people have started to use this forum to satisfy their egos. I wish they could learn to be tolerant of other peoples' views and perhaps also learn to string together a few coherent sentences. It is for this reason, I have now reduced my participation in the discussions!
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

A310 wrote:
Rana wrote: Just aske to shaheen air or go to that plane witch got accident there is a file with plane documents in cockpit this insurance is there . without it plane cannot operate " it is international law " u will find the name there also . RECOMMEND YOU TO READ CAREFULLY ask anybody if you have poor knowledge
What else did he do? He asked you what the insurance company has to do with the incident. Perhaps you should read carefully.
A person who is touch with aviation did not know the function of an insurance company :D )))) Did he have a little knowledge about aviation LEGISLATION???? To dispatch a plane FIVE documents should be on board
1) Certificate of Registration
2) Airworthiness certificate
3) Noise certificate(if applicable)
4) Insurance
5) Aircraft Radio License
First CAA will complete their report and insurance company may also make an inquiry report , if crew mistake is not there ( It is doubtful in this case ) . Shaheen air can claim for damage . Even a motorcycle is insured and we know how do,es it works . You can find in Wikipedia abot insurance in details even in URDU .
Vaqar Khan wrote:^
Thank you A310! I think people have started to use this forum to satisfy their egos. I wish they could learn to be tolerant of other peoples' views and perhaps also learn to string together a few coherent sentences. It is for this reason, I have now reduced my participation in the discussions!
Be a little bit professional , we all here just to get a constructive dialogue and no need to breed demagoguery)))
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Stay happy and blessed Rana! I accept you know best!
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Vaqar Khan wrote:Stay happy and blessed Rana! I accept you know best!
Dear Vaqar ! First of all I am not best ))) all aviators are best, should be happy and blessed .
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Damaged Shaheen Air Boeing 737-4H6 registration AP-BJN seen parked at Allama Iqbal International Air Port (AIIAP) - Lahore on February 10, 2015.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Six weeks, aircaft out of service....... a long time for any commercial airline.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

AP-BJN with carefully covered engine intakes and retaining Shaheen Air markings I think indicate the aircraft will be repaired.

Maybe something related to aircraft insurance delaying initiation of repair work?

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

AP-BJN without engines photographed at Lahore Airport on May 30, 2015. So, it's not going to be repaired?

IMG_6357 by Talha Imran, on Flickr

Abbas

See you at:
boeing787
Registered Member

Post by boeing787 »

Abbas Ali wrote:AP-BJN without engines photographed at Lahore Airport on May 30, 2015. So, it's not going to be repaired?

Abbas
Maybe not enough money to repair as they just bought 2 a320. But this plane was made in 1993, so it is over 22 years old. Per aviation policy. Maybe it'll go for scraps?
Student of Economics. My brother works for Air Canada.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ I think AP-BJN was a dry leased aircraft.

Probably the aircraft insurance company considered the aircraft damaged beyond economical repairs and opted to pay insurance money to aircraft owner and it will leave insurance company to decide the fate of the aircraft most likely parting out and scrapping the airframe.

And I think Shaheen Air is acquiring A320 aircraft on dry lease not buying them. The airline can easily replace them with newer leased aircraft when required.

Abbas

See you at:
aviator773
Registered Member

Post by aviator773 »

Abbas Ali wrote:AP-BJN without engines photographed at Lahore Airport on May 30, 2015. So, it's not going to be repaired?

Abbas
As per my information this 737 would soon undergo repairs and the cost that I got to know is 28 crore. Now will this materialize or not, time will tell.
747-300
Registered Member

Post by 747-300 »

ImageShaheen Air - 737-400 - AP-BJN by abdus sattar00, on Flickr
AP-BJN standing with the help of jacks with windows covered and without engines.
Jumbo is just not a plane, it's a legacy !
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Shaheen fuselage titles, tail logo and registration AP-BJN retained by the aircraft I think indicate it's going to be repaired.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Damaged Shaheen Air Boeing 737-4H6 registration AP-BJN parked at Lahore Airport photographed by Umair Tahir. Note the aircraft has been moved to new location.

The aircraft in this condition with full Shaheen Air markings must be presenting poor image of the airline to people especially passengers at the airport.

Also, I wonder how much Shaheen Air is paying as parking charges to CAA for this aircraft.

Abbas

See you at:
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Why do airlines paint crashed aircraft white? Is it because they have to be scrapped or to prevent the passengers from knowing it is that airline's crash?
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D