Islamabad airport voted worst in the world

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
dabi
Registered Member

Re: Islamabad airport voted worst in the world

Post by dabi »

I am not gonna justify what happened with me at the airport. Just because it didn't happen to you, doesn't mean it wont happen to anyone.
t_kaay
Registered Member

Post by t_kaay »

pk363 wrote:
dabi wrote:I flew out of Isb on 18 Oct. At the check where they open your bags, the asf personal clearly said, 'main apka bag nahin khulwata, ap meray chai aur pani ka intezaam kar dain.' That's a shame, considering its the airport of the capital city.
Sorry but this sounds guff unless you are mixing ASF with customs or ANF. ASF screen the luggage through x-Ray first after you have passed through customs/narcotics and then check the cabin baggage after immigration. Only at the second check they ask to open the baggage if they have any doubts about any item in the bags. But them asking for money is something I don't believe.
Happens all the time, both arriving and departing at Islamabad. When you arrive, they force all passengers to x-ray their baggage even though their own written rules state that only random passengers passing through the green channel will be asked to have their bags x-rayed. Once x-rayed, you get asked for "chai-pani" in order to prevent your bags being opened. Same thing happens when you depart. Get asked for "chai-pani" if you don't want your bags opened. I have personal experience of this many times....each time I insist they do their duty and open each bag to do their checking.
irfanjaffry
Registered Member

Post by irfanjaffry »

^^Absolutely agreed.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

After some renovation and upgrade by CAA, now Islamabad Airport promoted to Worst 9th Position from top worst Airport, so some improvement for sure.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/19/aviation/ ... index.html
Fortune favours brave.
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

:lol: #-o :lol: :lol: 8-[ #-o :mrgreen: :shock: =; :lol: :lol: