PK758, 3rd September 2014

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
furqan_haider
Registered Member

PK758, 3rd September 2014

Post by furqan_haider »

PK758, carrying only 1 passenger landed in Peshawar

Source : http://www.express.pk/story/285618/
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PK758, 3rd September 2014

Post by Abbas Ali »

Probably the aircraft was PIA Boeing 777-240ER registration AP-BGK.

According to information on following link, flight PK-758 on September 3 from London to Lahore to be operated with AP-BGK was cancelled.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ap-bgk/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

^Yes thats true. The aircraft had to operate Hajj flight to Jeddah from Peshawar so there was no point in going to Lahore first. And those criticizing PIA for carrying only one passenger. Sir, if there is no load on a flight, so this means the aircraft should remain parked at the previous destination till they get the load? For your information, when Hajj and Umrah extra section flights are planned, the load is full on one sector and no load on the returning sector and vice versa. Who knows if the revenue on one sector was enough to operate the returning flight without any pax. Think before you publish your crappy journalism.
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

A310 wrote:For your information, when Hajj and Umrah extra section flights are planned, the load is full on one sector and no load on the returning sector and vice versa.
Right, But I think this scenario works only for flights returning from SA??? And PK758 is a normal pax. flight to Lahore, despite Hajj operation/season, having 1 passenger load is alarming.
A310 wrote: Think before you publish your crappy journalism.
I just shared a news, no personal views and as a PIA lover I am sad for our national carrier :(
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

furqan_haider wrote:
Right, But I think this scenario works only for flights returning from SA??? And PK758 is a normal pax. flight to Lahore, despite Hajj operation/season, having 1 passenger load is alarming.

I just shared a news, no personal views and as a PIA lover I am sad for our national carrier :(
The history of this flight tells the situation. I don't know if someone monitors or not, but this is a new flight and hasn't been flying out every week. Got cancelled a number of times due to poor load on both sectors. So this means PIA will cancel a flight when the revenue that is going to be generated won't suffice. So this simply wasn't the case on this particular flight.

Nothing was pointed at you :thumbs_up:

I am sick of such people who will publish anything to malign the reputation of some company without even bringing up some sort of scenario in their minds.