EK612, Tahir-ul-Qadri's Plane

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Hamad
Registered Member

Re: EK612, Tahir-ul-Qadri's Plane

Post by Hamad »

raihans wrote:i feel really sorry for the effected passengers, travelling by road to ISB is very tiring as i myself suffered once similar situation :(
pk363 wrote:Lesson learnt for airlines operating into Pakistan, don't let any such joker on their flights having malicious political plans.
100% agree, let Emirates bill the PAT for the inconvenience / diversion and all the expenses occurred
=D> Same thoughts with me - I also feel very sorry for the Passengers who have suffered that just because of that one person.
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
H Khan
Registered Member

Post by H Khan »

EK has more then likely learned a tough lesson. Don't be transporting these so called Pakistani politicians to Pakistan.

Similar thing happened when BB returned in 2007. The flight couldn't depart because PPP jiyala kept moving up and down the alse until the captain had to come and talk to BB.
Last edited by H Khan on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

Our Dr. Friend has dual citizenship and he chose to act the way he did in Pakistan as he thought that having Pakistani citizenship conferred on him the right to make the demands he did.
Now lets turn the table and suppose if for security reasons the Canadian Govt prevented the landing of a flight at the planned destination airfield and Dr Saheb being on board made demands similar to those he did in Lahore and refused to deplane would he have walked out to a waving crowd with full freedom.
Take a guess
Last edited by rayyanullah on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pineapple
Registered Member

Post by Pineapple »

I would not be surprised if EK quit their service to Pak in the light of recent events.
4 engines 4 long-haul
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

Emirates will never quit Pakistan. Our airfields are amongst Emirates top revenue generators and since ONLY Pakistanis embark/disembark here such incidents make no adverse impact on its image. Money talks.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Strange that the incumbent government has been absolved of all responsibility for diverting the plane in the first place! I do feel sorry for EK, its passengers and crew though.
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

It is the responsibility of every Govt to prevent loss or damage to life and property and in their wisdom it had every right to take the action of preventing the landing of an airplane if these values would be compromised
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Islamabad to Dubai Emirates flight EK-613 expected to depart from Islamabad at 11:55 PM with delay of nearly fifteen hours, according to information on Islamabad Airport website.

Probably Emirates Boeing 777 will be ferried from Lahore to Islamabad to operate flight EK-613.

Source: islamabadairport.com.pk

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

EK612 departed from lahore to Islamabad ... A6-EBV is operating on EK612 which arrived earlier in lahore as EK7308
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

who is responsible for the resultant financial loss to the airline, operating an extra relief flight, additional crew, hotels, missed connection for dxb connecting passengers, network disruption due an aircraft stranded in a foreign country for over 15 hours. Indeed a great mess.
cric49
Registered Member

Post by cric49 »

Pk785 isb-lhr expected to arrive 6 1/2 hours late.
that's probably not the only one either suffering from todays events.
lets just hope it can take back passengers tonight before it is too late and then leaves for Islamabad tommorow
Watan Ki Mohabet, eimaan ki nishaani
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Emirates Islamabad to Dubai flight EK-613 finally departed from Islamabad Airport with delay of fifteen hours, according to Islamabad Airport website.

Source: islamabadairport.com.pk

The airline's relief aircraft Boeing 777-31HER (A6-EBV) is operating flight EK-613.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek613

Probably at Lahore Airport Islamabad-bound passengers' baggage and/or cargo items were shifted to Emirates Boeing 777-31HER (A6-EBV) from Emirates Boeing 777-31HER (A6-EBA) that as Dubai to Islamabad flight EK-612 was diverted to Lahore in the morning of June 23.

Probably A6-EBA will be ferried later from Lahore to Dubai by the same crew that flew the aircraft as EK-612 on June 23. Most likely it will be ferried after completion of that crew's rest period in Lahore.

Abbas

See you at:
mianazeem
Registered Member

Post by mianazeem »

Hamad wrote:
raihans wrote:i feel really sorry for the effected passengers, travelling by road to ISB is very tiring as i myself suffered once similar situation :(
pk363 wrote:Lesson learnt for airlines operating into Pakistan, don't let any such joker on their flights having malicious political plans.
100% agree, let Emirates bill the PAT for the inconvenience / diversion and all the expenses occurred
=D> Same thoughts with me - I also feel very sorry for the Passengers who have suffered that just because of that one person.
He came with ulterior motives to disrupt the public life and property. He should be black listed from Emirates, if possible.
Let's see how many days he spends in Pakistan this time. Although he said that he had left nothing behind in Canada. (Nobody believe him).
cric49
Registered Member

Post by cric49 »

LAHORE: The Emirates airline plans to file a suit over the damages caused to its reputation by the enforced diversion of its plane carrying Dr Tahirul Qadri on Monday.

Official sources told Dawn that the airline had told the Civil Aviation Authority that it had been upset by the diversion of its flight EK-612 Dubai-Islamabad to Lahore, causing a great deal of inconvenience to passengers on the plane and those waiting at the airport to fly to Dubai.

The plane was scheduled to reach Islamabad at 8am on Monday and return to Dubai at 9.30am after picking passengers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related: Plane diversion was Rafiq's idea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the government did not allow the aircraft to land at Islamabad to foil Dr Qadri’s plan to go to Lahore by road to demonstrate his political strength.

“The Emirates pilots were shocked to receive the ‘order’ to take the plane to Lahore because there was no issue of weather or airport occupancy,” sources said.

Because of the diversion of the plane, it missed its scheduled departure to Dubai from Islamabad.

After it left for Islamabad in the evening, the Emirates administration informed the CAA that it intended to file for damages.

The sources said the airline was also considering to “blacklist” Dr Qadri.

“An airliner blacklists a person who puts the lives of other passengers in jeopardy or causes them inconvenience by his action,” a CAA official said.

The PIA blacklisted some 10 people for their behaviour leading to diversion of its flight from Manchester to Stansted Airport last year.

The official said he believed that the Emirates would not consider suspending its flight operation to Pakistan because it had good business here.

However, CAA spokesperson Abid Kaimkhani said he was not aware of any warning by the Emirates. “The airline might have contacted the local (Lahore-based) administration of the CAA. But I have no knowledge of it,” he said.

Published in Dawn, June 24th, 2014
Watan Ki Mohabet, eimaan ki nishaani
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Emirates Boeing 777-31HER (A6-EBA) that as Dubai to Islamabad flight EK-612 was diverted to Lahore in the morning of June 23 left Lahore Airport on the night of June 23 as ferry flight EK-7309 to Dubai.

http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/a6eba

Abbas

See you at: