Air Arabia Flight route to SKT

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
BaDaR
Registered Member

Air Arabia Flight route to SKT

Post by BaDaR »

Why Air Arabia Flights to SKT are having different route for inbound and outbound flight, PIA and Emirates flights to UAE are flying same route for inbound and outbound.

Why Air Arabia taking longer router for outbound, Why wasting extra fual on top of extra flying time for crew etc.

SHJ to SKT route....its direct route possible... As it enter punjab..flies above Rahim Yar khan----Burewala----Lahore---SKT

SKT to SHJ route...SKT---Gujrat---Mandi Bahaudin---ISB--Kohat(KPK)---Bannu to Balochistanand onwards to UAE
Dr747
Registered Member

Re: Air Arabia Flight route to SKT

Post by Dr747 »

I am only going to comment on this particular outbound map only. I do not know if it is always the case that this airline flies different inbound and outbound routes or not. also if it only happens to this airline (I doubt they are alone in it)?
The reason for the route for this particular out bound flight is simple because commercial flights are not allowed to fly over Sargodha, Chiniot, Khushab and Mianwali, hence flight towards Rawalpindi first then towards Southern Pakistan.
I hope this helps.
BaDaR
Registered Member

Re: Air Arabia Flight route to SKT

Post by BaDaR »

@ Dr747

FlyDubai and Emirates to Dubai have same route for inbound and outbound, The route is same as Air Arabia inbound to SKT, Evan PIA to MCT have same route. its only Air Arabia outbound flight which first goes all the way to ISB then Kohat and Banu etc.

Must be Pakistan air traffic controllers who told them to fly this route bcz i don't see Air Arabia flying longer route when they have option for shorter and direct route.