Bhoja Air Aircraft Fleet

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
affan
Registered Member

Re: Bhoja Air Aircraft Fleet

Post by affan »

PIA criticism is purely media generated.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

While I am not in favor of inducting very old aircraft, I dont think Bhoja aircraft crashed because it was not airworthy.

The aircraft crashed due to bad weather and maybe poor pilot judgement.

I dont think the age of the aircraft was an issue in the crash.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Presently Bhoja Air has following three aircraft in its fleet.

1) Boeing 737-236 Advanced (AP-BKD) built in 1980.
2) Boeing 737-430 (AP-BKF) built in 1992.
3) McDonnell Douglas DC-9-32 (AP-ESC) built in 1981.

Info Source: DAWN (April 26, 2012 edition)

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

McDonnell Douglas DC-9-32 (AP-ESC) is on lease to Bhoja Air from Karachi-based Star Air Aviation (www.starairaviation.net), according to a report published in April 27, 2012 edition of Urdu daily 'Nai Baat'. The lease cost for this DC-9 is US Dollars 100,000/- for three months, according to the newspaper.

And, according to April 21 'The News' report, Bhoja Air has leased DC-9 on short term, till the additional Boeing 737s join airline's fleet.

Probably the additional Boeing 737s to join Bhoja Air fleet are Boeing 737-200s (AP-BKB and AP-BKE).

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to a report in May 20 edition of English daily 'The Express Tribune', Bhoja Air is running flight operations with only one Boeing 737? The single aircraft I think is Boeing 737-236 Advanced (AP-BKD).

I think under Pakistan's National Aviation Policy, an airline with less than three operational/airworthy aircraft should not be allowed to operate scheduled passenger flights.

In case airline's single or two operational aircraft also get technical problems with no backup/standby aircraft available will cause of cancellation of flights and inconvenience to passengers. Passengers' comfort and safety standards should be given top priority by CAA.
the crash has taken a toll on the airline’s operation as well – it is operating with just one aircraft, a B737-200. The other, larger B737-400 is being inspected by the regulator, the Civil Aviation Authority, in Karachi.

A DC-9 aircraft, which Bhoja Air was using earlier, has been sent to Sharjah after some problems were identified in the aircraft in a recent shakedown inspection.

Source: tribune.com.pk
Abbas

See you at: