PIA to Acquire 5 Boeing 777s from Boeing Company

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
faiq
Registered Member

PIA to Acquire 5 Boeing 777s from Boeing Company

Post by faiq »

A news ticker showed on Geo that PIA has finalized a deal to buy 7 new Boeing 777 on lease cum purchase bases. The first aircraft would be delivered by march 2012.
Last edited by Abbas Ali on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic title edited
CrAcK PiLoT
Hamad
Registered Member

Re: PIA to get 7 new Boeing 777

Post by Hamad »

If its true then its really a step forward for PIA - I hope they will also finalize Deals for replacing B737/A310 fleet.
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think we should wait for official statement. Without giving a tender notice in local newspapers and on official PIA website, I don’t think PIA can go ahead and finalize a deal for leasing Boeing 777s.

Finalization of Boeing 777 dry lease deal would also have gained attention of international business news media but so far no information on international news media about any such deal.

Probably a mistake by Geo News and actually this could be planned induction of narrowbody jetliners on dry lease in PIA fleet in year 2012. Tender notice for dry lease of narrowbody jetliners already has appeared in local newspapers and on official PIA website.

Other possibility is that maybe PIA management/Board of Directors has approved dry lease of Boeing 777s and will give tender notice for dry lease of Boeing 777s in coming weeks.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
saadm80
Registered Member

Post by saadm80 »

Need of the Hour is the Replacement of 737s, and then 310s.

777s can be leased later on.

Lets wait for Official Conformation by PIA.
Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
TCAS
Registered Member

Post by TCAS »

Yes, we ought to wait for an official notification from PIA, however under the circumstances it would not be too smart to go ahead with purchase of more 777 aircraft, which are large, have heavier fuel consumption and expensive maintainence needs plus require more crew to operate with.
What is needed is a small to mid sized narrowbody like Airbus A320-321 or the Boeing 737-800.
these would be ideal to serve nearby destinations within the country and abroad such as Dhaka, Columbo, Abu Dhabi, Doha and many more. The Airbus A310 fleet especially the non leased ones, are almost at their end currently as are most of the 737s.
Additionally a massive revamp of maintainence and inspection standards is needed ekse be it 777 or anything else they will be worn out and aged rapidly.
As a frequent flyer on PIA, i would also like to add that the passengers on it are also to some extent to blame, let me reiterate SOME not all, i have seen abusing and misusing the interior like anything, i would NEVER let them fly if it were my aircraft...but anyhow i suppose thats not practically possible is it.???
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Perhaps PIA's plan is to finally wrestle back KHI and stave off further loss of business to the ME carriers upcountry by initiating robust frequencies to N.America, Europe and the Far East using 777's. Daily 777's between all 3 Pakistani hubs and LON, NYC and BKK for instance are completely doable, as are multiple frequencies to several other cities.
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Perhaps PIA's plan is to finally wrestle back KHI and stave off further loss of business to the ME carriers upcountry by initiating robust frequencies to N.America, Europe and the Far East using 777's. Daily 777's between all 3 Pakistani hubs and LON, NYC and BKK for instance are completely doable, as are multiple frequencies to several other cities.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think in coming years PIA will also acquire some more Boeing 777s - most probably Boeing 777-300ER - to replace Boeing 747-300 on high density flights to Jeddah.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Maybe the Geo ticker is wrong, and instead of 737 they wrote 777.

I can imagine PIA getting seven 737NGs to start replacing the old fleet of 737 and some grounded A310s.

But why one earth would PIA want seven 777s.

Their are some high density routes to Saudi Arabia and that is it, and for that maybe three more 777s and thats it.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
saadm80
Registered Member

Post by saadm80 »

PIA need to Gamble Over here, If Actually PIA is going for 777s, then they should open new routes, like Melbourne, Increase Flights to London, These ME Carriers are gaining a lot from PIA decline...
Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
Hashmax
Registered Member

Post by Hashmax »

Five 777-300ER's !!!!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return !
CPL/IR
Multan Flying Club
F/O A-320
PIAC
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

FYI, not a single route in the Far East currently or previously flown warrant PIA using a B 777 size aircraft for the service as the demand scale level is just not there from PAK...not even for Bangkok on a consistent basis.

With regards to the above posting referring to PIA launching MEL flights, please note that if carriers that are more professionally managed and run + have higher level demand to/from MEL such as Thai Airways + Malaysia Airlines do not make a profit operating to the city hence PIA has no chance. Even Etihad Airways does not make a profit flying to MEL let alone to any Australian city that it currently serves!
riz
Registered Member

Post by riz »

khi - kul/sin - syd/mel , vice versa
should do.
R 1 z .

PK > EK. EI ED FZ WY B6 G9 EY NL QR GF TG PF.
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

Hashmax wrote:Five 777-300ER's !!!!
Please elaborate, is it your wish or you know from some source that PIA is leasing 5 x 773 ERs?
Hashmax
Registered Member

Post by Hashmax »

^^^
PIA is leasing 5 777-300ER's ..... Its confirm !!!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return !
CPL/IR
Multan Flying Club
F/O A-320
PIAC