History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines
Last visit was: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 pm It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

According to following news report, Shaheen Air will also airlift Hajj Pilgrims from Peshawar. 3,120 pilgrims will be transported by 13 flights of Shaheen Air from Peshawar. That's an average of 240 passengers per flight - most likely Peshawar to Jeddah non-stop flight.

I believe Shaheen Air will also transport Hajj pilgrims from some of the other major cities of Pakistan.

Presently Shaheen Air in its fleet has a number of Boeing 737-200 aircraft and leased Boeing 737-400 and Boeing 737-800 aircraft but none of these aircraft is capable of carrying 240 passenger per flight.

Perhaps Shaheen Air is acquiring a wide body aircraft on lease in coming days to carry around 240 passengers per flight ? Or there's some mistake in numbers given for Shaheen Air flights in this report.

Quote:
Peshawar Hajj flights from tomorrow

Peshawar
Hajj flights from Peshawar International Airport will start from September 30. There will be total 91 special flights, including 66 of Pakistan International Airline (PIA), 12 Saudi Airlines and 13 of Shaheen International. The first Hajj flight will depart on Friday at 8:30 pm for Saudi Arabia.This year a total of 28,000 pilgrims will leave through Peshawar Airport out of which 3,182 and 3,120 will travel through Saudi Airlines and Shaheen International respectively. The remaining pilgrims will travel through PIA flights.

Source: pakobserver.net

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

According to PTV News, from Lahore Shaheen Air will operate eight flights to transport Hajj pilgrims to Saudi Arabia.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

OCTOBER 2, 2011 - News channels are reporting delay in departure of a Hajj flight from Faisalabad. The flight was to be operated by a privately-owned airline today (October 2). I think it's a Shaheen Air Hajj flight.

The flight was to carry 187 Hajj pilgrims, according to a news report. I guess a Boeing 737-800 (registration SU-MWE) wetleased from Egypt's Midwest Airlines by Shaheen Air was to operate this flight.

Flight's scheduled departure time from Faisalabad was 2:00PM Pakistan but so far it has not been able to depart.

According to news sources, protests against hours long loadshedding on roads in Faisalabad has played role in delay experienced this flight. A vehicle carrying staff/crew of the privately-owned airline (most likely Shaheen Air) that was to operate Hajj flight also came under the attack of protestors on roads in Faisalabad. Protests on roads also affected transportation of pilgrims to Faisalabad Airport.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

OCTOBER 3, 2011 - First Hajj flight of a private airline (most probably Shaheen Air) has departed from Faisalabad Airport for Jeddah after a delay of 19 hours.

The flight carried 187 pilgrims.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

'Express' news channel is reporting massive delays in all four pre-Hajj flights operated from Faisalabad Airport by a privately-owned airlines (most likely Shaheen Air).

According to news channel, the fourth Hajj flight of the airline from Faisalabad due to depart on October 4 finally departed today (October 5) after a delay of 24 hours. The flight carried 187 pilgrims.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:35 pm 
Registered Member

First flight was delayed due to agitation in the city on massive power shut downs.
What is the reason in remaining delays??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

^ Could be due to limited number of aircraft used by Shaheen Air for Hajj flights.

Probably only one Boeing 737-800 leased from Midwest Airlines (SU-MWE) used by Shaheen Air for Hajj flights ? The same aircraft was seen flying from Lahore Airport yesterday.

In case of every long delay, the airline maybe taking time to get flights back on schedule operated with this particular Boeing 737-800 on different routes.

Maybe a Boeing 737-46B (registered in Jordan as JY-JAP) leased from Jordan Aviation used by Shaheen Air for Hajj flights from Karachi ?

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

According to following news report published in October 6, 2011, edition of Urdu daily 'Pakistan', Shaheen Air is operating Hajj flights from Faisalabad, Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar. The airline so far has operated 14 Hajj flights from Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar.

The report also confirms delays experienced by Shaheen Air Hajj flights from Faisalabad. According to statement of an official of Shaheen Air also experienced problem in getting one of its aircraft released by Saudi Arabia's General Authority of Civil Aviation - GACA at Jeddah's King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA).

The airlines hopes to get its Hajj flights operation schedule normalized at Faisalabad Airport from today.

The report also says that Shaheen Air crew van got stock on a road in Faisalabad, most likely on October 2, 2011, when large number of people came on roads to protest against hours long loadshedding in Faisalabad.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm 
Registered Member

At the moment Shaheen air has leased at least two 737-800 from Midwest Airlines and one 737-400 from Jordan aviation.Registrations are SU MWE,SU MWF and JY JAP.Saw them on flightradar 24 last night above Saudi Arabia so most probably operating Haj flights.I've got few screenshots but i don't think I can upload photos from my phone,will upload them latter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:18 pm 
Registered Member

These are the screen shots from the flights operated by Shaheen using at least three leased aircraft.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:06 am 
Site Admin

According to a report published in October 7, 2011, edition of Urdu daily 'Pakistan', Hajj flights schedule of Shaheen Air from Faisalabad remains plagued with long delays.

The airline's Hajj flight scheduled to depart on October 5 from Faisalabad finally left for Jeddah on October 6 after a delay of 24 hours.

The long delays are causing great inconvenience to pilgrims at Faisalabad Airport as they are asked to report at Haji camp in Faisalabad 10 hours before flight's scheduled departure time and then they have to endure over 20 hours long delays suffered by Shaheen Air flights.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

First Ever Hajj Flight from Rahim Yar Khan Operated by Shaheen Air

According to a report in October 8, 2011, edition of English daily 'DAWN', on October 7, 2011, Shaheen Air operated first ever Hajj flight from Shaikh Zayed Airport, Rahim Yar Khan. The aircraft carried 186 pilgrims on non-stop flight to Jeddah.

The flight was scheduled to leave at 6:00AM but departed at 8:00AM with a delay of 2 hours.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 pm 
Registered Member

What is the latest on their Hajj operations?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Shaheen Air Hajj flight NL-1240 originally scheduled to depart from Lahore to Jeddah on October 18 was rescheduled to depart today (October 19), according to a local newspaper report.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:08 am 
Registered Member

these protests against power outages will instensify and destroy the economy -- including flight operations.

I do not blame the protestors.

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next