History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines
Last visit was: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:26 am It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) advertisement in today's (June 15) newspaper.

"Reconstruction of Main Runway at Quetta International Airport

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has decided for the reconstruction of existing main runway (12000ft x 150 ft) at Quetta International Airport for the new generation aircraft operations. Approximate cost of the project is Rs. 1500 million."

See you at:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quetta Airport has two parallel runways i.e. 12,000 feet long Runway 13/31 and 12,000 feet long Runway 13R/31L which is used for military aircraft only.

The advertisement is apparently for Runway 13/31. Probably reconstruction work will include runway extension.

I hope they also install Instrument Landing System (ILS) for this runway after completion of its extension/reconstruction work.

Most likely this runway reconstruction work is the reason why PIA Boeing 777 aircraft will not operate Hajj flights from Quetta this year. I quess during reconstruction work the entire 12,000 feet length of runway will not be available for bigger widebody aircraft types like Boeing 777.

On June 7, 2011, PIA gave a tender notice (>>see details here<<) for wet leasing an aircraft from a selected list of widebody aircraft types (Airbus A300-600, Airbus A330, Boeing 767-300 and Lockheed L-1011 TriStar). Most likely the wet leased aircraft will operate Hajj flights from Quetta during this runway reconstruction/extension work.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

Advertisement in today’s (February 17) newspaper.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of Pakistan intends to pre-qualify local and international firms/contractors/joint ventures for civil and electrical works related to the project “Reconstruction of Runway 13/31 and Allied Airside Facilities including taxiway/apron; and upgradation/modification of existing navigational aids/airfield lighting system at Quetta International Airport”.

Abbas

See you at:

[ 3 posts ]