Etihad Bus Service from Lahore to Sialkot & Faisalabad

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Etihad Bus Service from Lahore to Sialkot & Faisalabad

Post by Abbas Ali »

LAHORE (PPI) – Etihad Airways has teamed up with Gerry’s International, one of Pakistan’s leading aviation groups, will launch a dedicated coach service in Pakistan from May 02, 2011 for Etihad guests travelling between Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore and the cities of Sialkot and Faisalabad.

The new daily service will be provided by two 16-seat luxury coaches and the coach operating schedule will be coordinated with the arrival and departure timings of the Etihad Airways flights at Lahore’s Allama Iqbal International Airport.

Guests wishing to inquire or book with ‘Etihad Coach Services’ to and from Sialkot can contact Gerry’s International on the following number +92-52-427-3402.

Source: The Nation
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Muhammad Rafique
Registered Member

Re: Etihad Bus Service from Lahore to Sialkot & Faisalabad

Post by Muhammad Rafique »

Offering of above service from ETIHAD reflects the pax potential of both cities but unfortunately Faisalabad is being deprived from its right due to some uncertain reasons.
riz
Registered Member

Post by riz »

Lack of facilities at LYP , Old terminal building, Non-availability of conveyance.

If no one is there to pick you up... you have to fetch a rickshaaaaaa....... our house is at Ayub colony which is near to airport, just at the end of ayub reasearch . even this short journey feels like miles.
R 1 z .

PK > EK. EI ED FZ WY B6 G9 EY NL QR GF TG PF.
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

Sialkot & Faisalabad now connected to the world with Etihad

At Etihad Airways, we pride ourselves on making your journey as comfortable as possible. Both in the air and on the ground.

That is why guests traveling to and from Sialkot and Faisalabad on Etihad Airways can now enjoy luxury coach transfers for their journey to Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore, Pakistan.
We are the first international airline to offer this service so you can easily connect with our daily flights to and from Abu Dhabi and beyond to our network of over 65 destinations.

Etihad’s daily luxury coach service costs just USD7* (equivalent PKR600)* per person one-way. So rather than drive yourself or take public transport, wouldn’t you prefer to travel in total relaxation?

Comfort. Convenience. And all the right connections.

To book call our service provider on +92 52 4273402 (Sialkot) /+92 41 2635457 (Faisalabad) or email etihadcoach@gerrys.com.pk

*Terms and conditions apply
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

It seems presently there are few people from Sialkot and Faisalabad traveling on Etihad Airways flights to/from Lahore as indicated by deployment of only two 16-seater minibuses to transport passengers between Lahore Airport and cities of Sialkot and Faisalabad.

PIA operates once a week flight between Faisalabad and Abu Dhabi via Rahim Yar Khan with Boeing 737-300 which I think also indicates low passenger load for flights between Faisalabad and Abu Dhabi.

However introduction of this minibus service for passengers from Sialkot and Faisalabad may help Etihad to gradually develop passenger load for these two cities before considering plans to connect these two cities with Abu Dhabi with non-stop flights.

Abbas

See you at:
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

The Coach needs 5 hours from LHE to SKT :shock: thats a lot of time :|
I remember that I drive by car for about 2 hours
Dawoo Express a Coach Service with Destinations all over Pakistan need for LHE-SKT about 2:45h

I think the reason why they only use some minibusses are because only a few people will use that service the majority will drive by car.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

LAHORE - Amer Khan, Country Manager, Etihad Airways, Samra Muslim, Marketing Officer Etihad Airways and Faiza Qayum, Business Development Gerry's International seen in a group photo along with other guests at the launching ceremony of Eithad Airways new coach service in Sialkot and Faisalabad - Photo Published in May 3 edition of English daily 'Business Recorder'.

Abbas

See you at:
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

it would be better to offer A320 service from SKT also this means unfortunatly that Lahore itself cant fill their planes
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

I agree and I already talked with Head of Network planning Etihad Airways.
They are waiting now for an open sky policy that would give them the possibility to Fly to SKT.
Currently they cant as they already fly to PEW,ISB,LHE and KHI.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

malpensa26 wrote:it would be better to offer A320 service from SKT also this means unfortunatly that Lahore itself cant fill their planes
Good catch. I did travelled two week before to KHI on etihad, aircraft was A340 more than half was empty on AUH-KHI sector and on my return flight aircraft was A320 which was 70-80% full.

Personally i thought that, it would be nice if any carrier other than M.E carrier increaeses its frequency and now i would really like to see PIA agreement with TK. TK is going double daily to JFK from this summer beside new service to LAX and much more expansion. Shaking hand with airline which is well above PIA will be better for PIA specially on all those routes where PIA can't serve even after good 10 years.
Fortune favours brave.
faddy
Registered Member

Post by faddy »

riz wrote:Lack of facilities at LYP , Old terminal building, Non-availability of conveyance.

If no one is there to pick you up... you have to fetch a rickshaaaaaa....... our house is at Ayub colony which is near to airport, just at the end of ayub reasearch . even this short journey feels like miles.
Hey im from Ayub Colony =D>
riz
Registered Member

Post by riz »

^ Another "Graiin" \:D/. So, Did any one from LYP travelled by this etihad Bus.
R 1 z .

PK > EK. EI ED FZ WY B6 G9 EY NL QR GF TG PF.
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

Ayub Colony, - hmmm - my sister used to live there when her husband (a PhD in Agriculture and a research scientist)) was working with Ayub Agricultural Research Institute !! I have spent quite a few days full of enjoyment/excitement in that colony - nothing fancy, but "quality time" with family!!
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

riz wrote:^ Another "Graiin" \:D/. So, Did any one from LYP travelled by this etihad Bus.
I'm also from Faisalabad but I reside quite far away from Ayub Colony.
Adnan
Muhammad Rafique
Registered Member

Post by Muhammad Rafique »

It is nice to see the representation of Faisalabad at this forum. But question is this, wheather all memberss from Faisalabad are playing an adequate roll to represent their city at this forum?? I think answer will be in "NO".