PIA Boeing 777 lands in Sweden after bomb threat

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Jacobin777
Registered Member

Re: PIA Boeing 777 lands in Sweden after bomb threat

Post by Jacobin777 »

pak4ever wrote:According to Swedish newspaper: Police press officer "He went to Pakistan to marry"

It can be that woman in canada didnt like it so she made this drama
Stupid Woman
If it was her, hopefully she'll be a bit wiser once she gets a nice big bill....
meekal ahmed
Registered Member

Post by meekal ahmed »

I don't know because calls from public phones are difficult to trace.
CaptShahid621
Registered Member

Post by CaptShahid621 »

This wasnt a random incident now was it? Someone actually tried to frame someone, im sure the passenger has his suspicions on who it was, and im sure that someone's door is to be knocked very soon...
"At times you plan it out, and at times it just comes" -Captain Imran Aziz, PIA B777 Captain
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Is anyone bothered by the fact that apparently this fellow is stranded in Sweden? PIA dumped him there after the Swedish police cleared him and no other airline is willing to transport him. I would point out that potentially any one of us could quite easily find ourselves in a similar situation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Apparently police have identified the hoax bomb caller.

Angry ex behind Pakistani plane bomb hoax: report

STOCKHOLM —
An angry ex-girlfriend called in the hoax bomb alert to Canadian police at the weekend that forced a Pakistan-bound plane to make an emergency landing in Stockholm, a Swedish newspaper reported Monday.

Bomb alert: Swedish police park next to a Pakistan Airlines jet which made an emergency landing at Arlanda Airport near Stockholm on Saturday

A 28-year-old Canadian man was briefly arrested in connection with the allegations but then released without charge after no explosives were found aboard the plane, flying from Toronto to Karachi.

The cleared suspect was going to Pakistan to get married and his ex had called Canadian police warning he was carrying explosives because she was unhappy with their separation, tabloid Aftonbladet wrote.

"From what I understood, an ex came forward with the claim in connection with their separation. It was surely not a happy one," Stockholm police officer Haakan Westing, who could not be reached for comment Monday, told Aftonbladet.

"She had an evil eye on him," he said, adding that according to the cleared suspect's written statement he was going to get married in Pakistan.

Stockholm police spokesman Kjell Lindgren told AFP Monday the man was travelling to Pakistan "for personal reasons," but could not confirm he was going to get married or that an angry ex had tipped off Canadian authorities.

"It's a theory," was all he would say.

Lindgren said the man, who was detained but then released without charge after his plane had already left for Pakistan, was expected to leave Sweden Monday.

Media had reported earlier Monday the man was blocked from leaving Sweden because no airlines would take him onboard.

"That's not true," Lindgren said. "I think its a misunderstanding. There was no place, is the information I got. It just didn't work out with the flights."

Lindgren said there were no direct flights from Sweden to Pakistan but that Swedish authorities would continue to help the man as quickly as possible.

Canadian police has said they are looking into whether the bomb alert they received was a "terrorist hoax."

Source: AFP
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think the released man should be flown to nearest airport served by PIA and from there he should be flown to Pakistan.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: