History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines
Last visit was: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 pm It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:51 pm 
Registered Member

Abbas,

I agree with your presumption that there was no announcement of the real threat. It would have caused panic. He may have said something like "for security reasons". That is an all-embracing expression.

Capt. did the right thing. Land as soon as possible.

Don't know exactly when he was notified. Glad that he had made land-fall. Mid-Atlantic could have been more trickey although I think the track takes them very close to Greenland and Iceland.

All is well that ends well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Meekal, according to news reports, the PIA Boeing 777 was in or near Swedish airspace when information about bomb threat was forwarded to its crew which apparently indicates airport in Stockholm was the nearest possible for the aircraft to make landing.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:15 pm 
Registered Member

Thanks for the information Abbas.

Glad he was over land with an airport nearby.

A woman apparently called police/security from a public pay phone.

Has the aircraft resumed its journey?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:40 pm 
Registered Member

according to A.netters a change of crew will be required and so the aircraft will be flying to Manchester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 pm 
Registered Member

it is indeed BGY as abbas said earlier saw it on the radar in the morning..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:06 pm 
Registered Member

PK782 will be arriving in Manchester from stockholm at 5PM GMT, according to the flight arrivals at manchester airport.

Flight will depart to KHI at 18:30PM GMT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting to note three Indians and a Bangladeshi national among passengers, according to following news report. Probably they chose PIA flight from Tornoto for journey to their home country or perhaps they were coming to Pakistan on visit visa.

Quote:
A spokesman for the state-owned Pakistan International Airlines said the suspect was a 25-year-old Canadian national.

Police operation leader Stefan Radman said no explosives were found on the man, who was being questioned by investigators. He said a bomb squad was searching the aircraft, which was parked on a ramp at the end of a runway.

The tip was "called in by a woman in Canada," Radman said, adding that Swedish police took the threat seriously.

Police officials said the man was not on any international no-fly lists and had cleared a security check in Canada. He didn't resist when the SWAT team took him into custody.

Investigators were questioning the man at a police station, and a prosecutor was to decide whether to formally arrest him.

Jan Lindqvist, a spokesman for airport operator Swedavia, said PIA was considering flying the passengers to Manchester, England, from where they would continue their journey to Karachi.

In Pakistan, a spokesman for state-run PIA confirmed the incident involved flight PK782 to Karachi.

"The plane has landed at the Stockholm airport due to security reasons," airline spokesman Sultan Hasan said.

The passengers were waiting at the "international holding area" at the airport as they and their luggage were scanned and searched, Hasan said. Pakistani diplomats were at the airport to coordinate with the security officials.

PIA said there were 255 passengers and 18 crew members on the plane. Of the passengers, 102 were Canadian nationals, 139 Pakistanis, eight U.S. citizens, three Indians and one each from Japan, Malaysia, and Bangladesh.

Source: Yahoo! News

See you at:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm 
Registered Member

Possibly a jilted girlfriend or wife getting back at someone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 pm 
Registered Member

ammad wrote:
CaptShahid621 wrote:
Geo news just reported PK 302 has had an explosion on one of its engine when it was taxing for takeoff. Not sure of any casualties

Source: Geo TV

Last edited by Abbas Ali on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
topic title edited

is this was not you? Then topic edited by moderator from breaking news to some thing sensible caption?
Quote:
But thanks for the journalism lesson....

Yes you desperately need it.

Nothing special found in your post, why should i love your post, it is more of self flattering statement from your side.All i am saying is that you habitually post incident with breaking News, which is not necessary every time.

Now lets back to topic.
ammad wrote:
CaptShahid621 wrote:
Geo news just reported PK 302 has had an explosion on one of its engine when it was taxing for takeoff. Not sure of any casualties

Source: Geo TV

Last edited by Abbas Ali on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
topic title edited

is this was not you? Then topic edited by moderator from breaking news to some thing sensible caption?
Quote:
But thanks for the journalism lesson....

Yes you desperately need it.

Nothing special found in your post, why should i love your post, it is more of self flattering statement from your side.All i am saying is that you habitually post incident with breaking News, which is not necessary every time.

Now lets back to topic.

lol...how old are you? Anyhow...not going to waste my time with folks like you...please dont bring your negative spewing to this forum like that, its unhealthy...

You obviously dont know a thing or two about journalism yourself, if you think a suspected incident that brings to surface where suspected explosives were found on board a PIA flight is not breaking news as it was originally reported, then I wonder what it is?

Yes I was the one who wrote that pk 302, I can def read English, and that was relatively soon after the Air Blue incident....so what? Abbas Bhai edited it like he did for this...I didnt mind at all...

have a great day... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

CaptShahid621 and ammad, kindly end this argument now.

Any further such exchange of messages will be deleted.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

The man who was taken into custody by authorities at Stockholm Airport has been released, according to latest reports.

So, it was hoax bomb call. Hope authorities manage to arrest hoax bomb caller.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:58 pm 
Registered Member

Im assuming its quite possible it was a disgruntled girl taking off her vengeance on her former fiance?

Wasnt there a case of this nature before? Unfortunetly there is no way to screen our the hoax vs credible ones...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

The aircraft has departed from Stockholm airport after getting security clearance, according to PTV News. It will arrive at Manchester from Stockholm.

Due to crew duty time limitation, there will be change of cabin crew and cockpit crew at Manchester airport and then the aircraft will resume its journey to Karachi from Manchester with fresh cockpit and cabin crew.

The Boeing 777 is now expected to land at its homebase Karachi around 8:00AM on September 26.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

Lahore, 25 September 2010: PIA flight PK 782 Toronto – Karachi was diverted to Stockholm, Sweden, due to security concerns.

Flight departed from Toronto on Friday 24 September 2010 at 5:00PM (Canadian Time) and was expected to arrive at Karachi by 3:40 PM (Pakistan Time) on Saturday 25th September 2010. This was a non stop flight from Toronto to Karachi. The duration of flight PK 782 from Toronto to Karachi (non stop) was 13hours and 40 minutes.

The Captain of the flight PK 782 while flying over European airspace received a message from Stockholm Air Control tower that the Canadian Police suspect a security threat on the PK 782- Boeing 777 aircraft. The Captain immediately acknowledged the message and informed PIA’s Central Control of the situation; after which the aircraft was landed at Stockholm - Arlanda Airport.

PIA’s Flight Operations - Central Control Office immediately started communication with Stockholm Airport Authorities to determine the safety of passengers, Crew and the aircraft on receiving the news. Immediately the entire PIA management including the Managing Director, Captain Aijaz Haroon, Director Flight Operations, Captain Shuja Naqvi, Senior General Manager Central Control & Operations, Captain Haroon Abdullah, General Manager Passenger Handling Services, Aijaz Mazhar and other senior officials of the airline reached the PIA Head Office.

The Stockholm Airport Authorities informed the PIA flight control that all the passengers, crew and aircraft were safe and that the security personnel were checking the aircraft. Throughout the day, the flight control was constantly seeking updates from the Security Personnel and the Airport Authorities. While the Situation Room of the Central Control maintained the contact with the aircraft Captain through satellite communication.

The senior officials of the Pakistan Embassy in Sweden also reached the airport and were coordinating and expediting the situation. PIA management profusely thanked the Pakistan Ambassador to Sweden, Mr. Nadeem Riaz and other senior officials for their timely support and assistance.

All 255 passengers including 12 infants and 18 crew members were disembarked from the aircraft to the airport’s international transit lounge. The Stockholm Security Personnel informed PIA that one passenger, a Canadian National of Pakistani origin was being questioned. The Passengers of PK 782 included 102 Canadians Nationals, 139 Pakistani Nationals, 08 US Nationals, 03 Indian Nationals and 01 each from Bangladesh, Malaysia and Japan.

PIA aircraft remained on ground for about nine and a half hours, while the passengers remained in the international transit lounge for six hours. The passengers were provided food and drinks in the lounge.

The flight after receiving clearance from Stockholm Security Authorities departed for Manchester at 8:00 PM Pakistan Standard Time (PST) with 254 passengers offloading the suspected passenger being questioned by the security officials. The flight is expected to reach Manchester 10:00PM (PST) for Change of Crew (due to Crew duty time limitations) and would leave Manchester by midnight (PST) and is expected to arrive Karachi on Sunday at 8:00AM (PST).

Source: PIA Press Release

See you at:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:30 am 
Registered Member

Salaam,

I had found on internet two shots of AP-BGY at Stockholm.

Source :

http://news.fr.msn.com/m6-actualite/monde/article.aspx?cp-documentid=154767260

http://www.lefigaro.fr/international/2010/09/25/01003-20100925ARTFIG00350-suede-atterrissage-d-urgence-apres-une-alerte-a-la-bombe.php

;-)

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next