History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines
Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:12 am It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Flight PK 205 & 239
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:41 am 
Registered Member

if anyone have the information about the flights 205 Lahore to kuwait and 239 sialkot to kuwait. Why these flights are late as 205 was suppose to depart thursday evening and not depart yet. What's going on with PIA. Are they wants people stop to fly with them and use other options. also the problem is for sialkot people who have no other options for kuwait.

Post subject: Re: flight pk 205 & 239
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 am 
Registered Member

This flight had a technical aircraft on ground waiting repairs

Post subject: Re: flight pk 205 & 239
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:09 am 
Registered Member

You really need to learn English and fix your grammar. Then criticize PIA.

Post subject: Re: Flight PK 205 & 239
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 pm 
Registered Member

Pineapple wrote:

OR maybe like myself, the person who left the message has learning difficulties or is dyslexic, so chillout.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:17 pm 
Registered Member

Is it really necessary to comment on somebody's English? The main point is to understand what other person wants to say, if the sentence has a little grammatical mistakes why does it cause problems to people out here? This is a forum to discuss aviation articles not an 'English Writing Competition' platform.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:21 pm 
Registered Member

AP-BGL wrote:
Is it really necessary to comment on somebody's English? The main point is to understand what other person wants to say, if the sentence has a little grammatical mistakes why does it cause problems to people out here? This is a forum to discuss aviation articles not an 'English Writing Competition' platform.

Cheers!

Finally somebody on a level. Thank you very much, makes me feel much better, it's a shame, sometimes when I am typing something on here I have to check my spelling and grammar 20 times over just in case someone starts a handbag fight. But thanks all the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:50 pm 
Registered Member

PK-205 was delayed due bird strike on A310.
Bird penetrated to the inner pane of the windshield.
Windshield change was required.

PIA can't stop birds hitting into their aircrafts............ :-k

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

English is not mother language of us Pakistanis so we including myself can and do make English grammar mistakes. Minor grammar mistakes can be ignored/tolerated.

Anyway getting back to topic subject, I do feel sorry for passengers who face inconvenience due to delayed flights and it happens with airlines around the world due to various factors like weather, technical problem. If flights on a particular route are operating according to schedule most of the time then once in a while delayed flight on that route should be expected and forgiven.

Here it's also important to add that I believe majority of flights operating according to schedule rarely get mentioned or appreciated.

Abbas

See you at:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:25 pm 
Registered Member

Thanks Abbas and all others who give me the actual information instead of checking my grammar mistakes.
There is no particular information for flight 239 which departed late more than 3 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:52 pm 
Registered Member

jam2k94 wrote:
if anyone have the information about the flights 205 Lahore to kuwait and 239 sialkot to kuwait. Why these flights are late as 205 was suppose to depart thursday evening and not depart yet. What's going on with PIA. Are they wants people stop to fly with them and use other options. also the problem is for sialkot people who have no other options for kuwait.

Pineapple wrote:

Abbas Ali wrote:
English is not mother language of us Pakistanis so we including myself can and do make English grammar mistakes. Minor grammar mistakes can be ignored/tolerated.

Anyway getting back to topic subject, I do feel sorry for passengers who face inconvenience due to delayed flights and it happens with airlines around the world due to various factors like weather, technical problem. If flights on a particular route are operating according to schedule most of the time then once in a while delayed flight on that route should be expected and forgiven.

Here it's also important to add that I believe majority of flights operating according to schedule rarely get mentioned or appreciated.

Abbas

I absolutely do agree with you Abbas. For many people, English is a foreign/2nd/3rd language and one shouldn't be critical of someone due to bad grammar, etc. That being said, I find it quite curious how one's grammar improves substantially by the next message all of the sudden. :-k

Laziness shouldn't be an excuse for poor grammer.... [-X

jam2k94 wrote:
Thanks Abbas and all others who give me the actual information instead of checking my grammar mistakes.
There is no particular information for flight 239 which departed late more than 3 hours.

Delayed flights happen all the time and if there aren't multiple frequencies it can cause trouble. If PK felt it couldn't take those pax (even delayed), it might have put them in hotels, etc. That is why I firmly believe all things being close to equal and/or equal, its better to fly two smaller planes with multiple frequencies than a larger plane with less frequencies.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:38 am 
Registered Member

Alhamdu Lillah, finally PK206 departed from Kuwait after abt 20 hours delay. Technical problems do happen (if his was the case) but I honestly feel that PIA staff at Kuwait airport could have managed the situation in a better and more disciplined way to minimize the inconvenience for passengers who prefer PIA despite lower fare and pleasant journey offered by other airlines.

First of all the boarding process was very slow knowing that flight is delayed. So people had to stand hours in lines helplessly watching counter staff chatting with each other.

Secondly, they could have advised passengers at the airport last night to call today morning before leaving home for airport, instead of asking to report at 08:30 am just to learn that flight is further delayed and new (3rd time) reporting time is 04:00 pm.(Should not we expect the "great people" to phone passengers as they noted contact numbers last night for that purpose?)

Further inconvenience caused to many passengers due to lost boarding passes (by PIA staff?)

However, at least the positive point this time was rather unusual polite attitude of new manager.

Hope my words will be considered positively to improve our own airline which used to teach traveling business to other nations, specially hospitality.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am 
Registered Member

yesterday, spotted the PK 240 AP-BCF parked at remote stand most probably due to delay in arrival of PK 239 as mentioned by some forum members. I think the remote stand was aloted as the jetway slot was not available at that time with delayed arrival of PK 239 :-k

Poor PK 240 had to go all the taxiway parellel to active runway as it was parked at one of the very last remote stands :( but i think the taxi speed was bit agressive :)

Anyhow, taken the pics of PK 240 with baggage loading, passengers embarking, entering active, take-off roll and flight departure around 17:30 hrs (exact time will be provided later as i have to check the pics shooting time) so wait for a day or two as i have to set my PC due to moving in new apartment :D

EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, PK-B707/720, B733, AB4, A310

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:47 pm 
Registered Member

Jacobin777 wrote:
That being said, I find it quite curious how one's grammar improves substantially by the next message all of the sudden.

I was actually wondering the same thing, but you never know he might have taken help from some fellow being writing the next comment :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 am 
Registered Member

Pictures posted in following topic related to PK240 delayed departure

PK240 enroute to Sialkot - 25 Sep 09 - Delayed Flight

EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, PK-B707/720, B733, AB4, A310

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:06 am 
Registered Member

AP-BGL wrote:
Jacobin777 wrote:
That being said, I find it quite curious how one's grammar improves substantially by the next message all of the sudden.

I was actually wondering the same thing, but you never know he might have taken help from some fellow being writing the next comment :roll:

I know I will soon be kicked out of this forum due to my big mouth but PIA staff need to be more courteous and respectful of their customers. No customers, no money, no pay, no PIA (I hope it never comes to that though, for PIA has always been my pride)

BB

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next