15 Highly Paid Contractual Employees Terminated by MD

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ammad
Registered Member

15 Highly Paid Contractual Employees Terminated by MD

Post by ammad »

With Immediate Effect 15 Highly paid above 300K salaried Contractual Employees termiated from PIA.
List inclue

GM H.R
SVP QA
DGM QA
GM QA
GM CGO
GM Placement

and many more.......
Fortune favours brave.
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

You have only mentioned 6 out of 15, who are the remaining ones? I don't know about all, but GM Recruitment & Placement deserved it big time. I had never seen such a rude & conceited person in my life before.......
aslihan
Registered Member

Post by aslihan »

How many more are remaining on Contract ?
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Chief E-solution Officer.
Chief Internal Auditor
Fortune favours brave.
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

That makes it to 8, what about the rest?

By the way, wasn't SVP QA the same guy we had been argueing about on this forum? I believe it was some ex-air force guy.....or maybe I am wrong. Abbas would you shed some light on this?
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

director flight safety and hse is also on contract. why hasnt he been touched?
F.K
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

director flight safety and hse is also on contract. why hasnt he been touched?
These Two are among those 15 too, Gm Brand Also in list.

Airborne 13 Gm and 2 svps are in list, DGM QA was not in list.
Fortune favours brave.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

if hes gotten rid of jamil malik , this man means serious business. they both go back a long way it shows hes not here to please anyone. just the kind of guy pia needs. all contractual executives taking huge salaries should be shunted out.
F.K
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

capt shuja naqvi is taking charge as dfo tomorow. f/e jamil malik has been removed as director flt safety along with uzma bashir in employment, both ex dmds appointees. all fes likely to be restored by next week.
F.K
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

As per news update on Nawa-e-Waqt (translation)

2 directors and 13 GMs and DGMs of PIA have been sacked. As per sources they were hired by former chairman Tariq Kirmani on enormous salaries. Including head MD Capt Aijaz, GM HR and cheif inetrnal auditor are among the 15 sacked. The sacked did not have any aviation experience and sole reason of their hiring was sifarish. Sacked directors include Tariq Quereshi and Aamir zafar while GMs sacked are Asma Bashir, Col (R) Manzoor, Imran Man and Jamil Ahmad.
[/list][/quote]
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

apparently the 747s are to be brought back into service within 2 weeks..hmm..
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Terminates Three Directors, 11 General Managers

KARACHI (May 09 2008):
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has terminated its three directors and 11 General Managers (GMs) from service, who were employed on contract basis, Aaj TV reported. According to the channel, these directors and GMs were employed during the tenure of former Managing Director PIA Tariq Kirmani.

Managing Director PIA Captain Ejaz Haroon issued termination letters of the said officials. Among the terminated directors, Tariq Ejaz Qureshi Director Logistic of the airline has already been made Officer on Special Duty (OSD). The other two sacked directors, Jamil Ahmed Malik and Amir Zafar were holding the posts of director flight safety and director quality assurance respectively.

The terminated GMs included Lieutenant Colonel Talat Umar (Retired), M Najeeb Ahmed, Doctor Tahir Baig Barlas, Mansoor Akram, Imran Aslam, Shahzad Aminullah, Uzma Bashir Ghous, Asim Ahmed, Imran Masood, Naeem R Tarani, Arshad Majeed Bhatti, Humayun and Javed Khan.

Source: www.brecorder.com

15 PIA Executives Dismissed

By Azfar-ul-Ashfaque

KARACHI, May 8:
The new management of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has dismissed 15 senior executives who were hired on contracts with hefty salary packages during the tenure of former chairman Tariq Kirmani.

The executives, three directors and 12 general managers are: quality assurance director Amir Zafar, flight safety director Jamil Malik, director without assignment Tariq Ejaz Qureshi and general managers Talat Omar, Najeeb Khan, Dr Tahir Beg Barlas, Mansoor Akram, Imran Aslam, Shahzad Amirullah, Uzma Bashir Ghous, Asim Ahmed, Imran Masood, Mrs Naim R. Tairani, Arshad Majid Bhatti and Humayun Javed Khan.

The management has abolished the posts of director and general manager for health safety environment and GM brand management.

Chief Engineer Q.A. Babar Kamal has been given the additional charge of quality assurance director, Yar Mohammad Gopang of GM human resources, Ghazala Rashid GM recruitment, Saeedur Rehman GM quality assurance, Mamoonur Rashid GM cargo, Hasan Jamil Alvi GM projects and works, Bhagwan Parwani chief internal auditor and M. Shehnaz Shaikh GM Saudi Arabia. Khwaja Mukhtar Ahmed and Tahir Niaz also have been given additional charges.

Sources said PIA was spending Rs4 million to Rs5 million per month on the salaries and perks of the dismissed executives.

Source: DAWN

PIA MD sacks 3 directors, 12 GMs

By Muhammad Yasir

KARACHI:
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Managing Director (MD) Captain Ejaz Haroon sacked fifteen airline officials, including three directors and twelve general managers (GM) on Thursday.

These officials were employed on contract during the tenure of PIA former chairman and MD Tariq Kirmani in 2007, sources told Daily Times. Sources added officials did not have professional backgrounds in the aviation industry and they were hired on the high salaries.

The sacked officials have been identified as Director Tariq Ejaz Qureshi, Director of Quality Insurance Aamir Zafar, Director of Flight and Safety Jamil Malik, PIA Jeddah GM Talat Umer, Principal of the Training Centre GM Umer Khan, Flight Safety GM Tahir Baig, Quaility Insurance GM Mansoor Akram, Cargo GM Jibbran Aslam, Chief Internal Audit GM Shahzad Ameen Ullah, Chief Pollution GM Imran Maqsood, Insurance GM Naeem Tahirani, Work and Project GM Arshad Majeed Bhatti and Brand Manger GM Humayun Javed Khan.

In March, former MD Aslam Khan had sacked 80 PIA flight engineers following the decision to terminate operations of Boeing 747 airliners.

Source: Daily Times
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

i m happiest about jamil malik and uzma bashir.
F.K
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Jamil Malik is a competent man. He was brought in at a time when PIA was banned in EU. And yes he did deliver.
personal greivance i say? FE talk?
marooned
Registered Member

Post by marooned »

Im not happy about the removal of Jamil Malik. Having known him personally, and without bias, he was very a hard-working, no non-sense and competent man. Whenever i would see him, and that too during the EU ban days, he would be mostly writing letters to the different airport authorities in EU, insurance co's, CAA etc. He even went too Brussels twice to fight PIA's case. I think it means a lot sending Jamil Malik instead of that Capt. Dara, who was SVP Flight Safety at that time. I'm a firm believer that PIA's ban got removed majorly because of his efforts in sorting things out between the EU people and PIA.
First being ruthlessly fired as FE and now this, i feel he deserved a lot lot better!