PIA Lahore to Karachi Airbus A320 Flight Crashes

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
arshad.altaf
Registered Member

Re: PIA Lahore to Karachi Airbus A320 Flight Crashes

Post by arshad.altaf »

Last Wednesday I had the chance to travel on PK309 (Isb-Khi) in one of PIA 320. While I can't comment on the technical bits but some observations.
1) The fasten seat belt and no smoking signs were non functional in half of the plane both sides of the aisle.
2) The screen was deployed for "dua e safar" but a large majority of the screens were blank and one could only hear the dua after which for a good couple of minutes "qaseeda burda shareef" continued on full blast.
3) The lavatory was significantly unclean compared to the morning (Khi-Isb) flight of Serene.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Next week CEO PIA Air Marshal (Retired) Arshad Malik through video link conference will contact affectees of PIA flight PK8303 crash.

All departments have been advised to submit report on solving problems faced by the affectees.

The affectees have been advised to submit inheritance/succession certificates to receive insurance/compensation payment.

Earlier, CEO PIA contacted family members of the crew of ill-fated flight 8303.

So far, family members of all crew members and families of only three passengers have submitted inheritance/succession certificate/relevant documents.

A total of PKR 1,100,000/- (one million, one hundred thousand rupees) will be paid as insurance claim/compensation per passenger to legal heirs.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
gooner14
Registered Member

Post by gooner14 »

arshad.altaf wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:30 am Last Wednesday I had the chance to travel on PK309 (Isb-Khi) in one of PIA 320. While I can't comment on the technical bits but some observations.
1) The fasten seat belt and no smoking signs were non functional in half of the plane both sides of the aisle.
2) The screen was deployed for "dua e safar" but a large majority of the screens were blank and one could only hear the dua after which for a good couple of minutes "qaseeda burda shareef" continued on full blast.
3) The lavatory was significantly unclean compared to the morning (Khi-Isb) flight of Serene.
No surprises frankly. I have video whereby the pia ground staff was throwing all the cargo clearly marked fragile onto the loading belt from Nov last year. I then travelled on 777 to Beijing and nothing worked, not even the overhead reading lights or flight attendant call buttons and the pullout remotes for ife were glued shut (not that it mattered as the ife screens didn't work either and wouldn't it be better to just take them out and cover the hole with fabric instead of having that abhorrent embarrassing screen that flickers as per its own desire?)

But lo and behold, you say anything about the unions and the incompetent staff from traffic to maintenance to palpa and everyone but they are at fault.

Pathetic mess.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Payment of compensation money to May 22, 2020, PIA Airbus A320 (AP-BLD) Lahore to Karachi flight PK8303 crash affectees will start on October 22.

In the first phase, five affectees will receive compensation money. These include two crash survivors and three crash victims' legal heirs who have complete legal documents to receive compensation amount.

Abbas

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Only three victim families have submitted the claim so far! That's much people start disliking PIA after this deliberate crash.
Fortune favours brave.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Twenty-two families who owned houses, cars, motorcycles etc. damaged/destroyed by the crash also to receive compensation including amount for damaged/destroyed household items/home appliances.

Compensation payment process expected to start on October 23.

Abbas

See you at:
t-rehman
Registered Member

Post by t-rehman »

ammad wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:10 pm Only three victim families have submitted the claim so far! That's much people start disliking PIA after this deliberate crash.
Can you explain as to what you mean?
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

ammad wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:10 pm Only three victim families have submitted the claim so far! That's much people start disliking PIA after this deliberate crash.
I’d suggest you to be very precise and clear when writing statements like these. Otherwise don’t complain someone snaps back.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PK8303: ‘but why...’ — the plane crash survivor’s account

Part One Link: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/733993 ... -s-account

Zafar Masud was one of only two survivors of ill-fated May 22 PIA Airbus A320 (AP-BLD) Lahore-Karachi flight PK8303.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA flight PK8303 crash survivor’s account.

In Urdu: https://urdu.geo.tv/latest/233264-

Urdu daily 'Jang'' October 24, 2020, edition.

Abbas

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

A310 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:50 am
I’d suggest you to be very precise and clear when writing statements like these. Otherwise don’t complain someone snaps back.

I stand with my statement. This is actually true, families of crash victims are not submitting claims and it was shocking for me to note that there are only three claims submitted so far and the reason was that many of the heirs of victims families don't want this kind of blood money from PIA, very least for now.

For second part: Yes, it is deliberate though not suicidal crash by cockpit crew that can be avoided. Their reckless and deliberate series of actions during final approach eventually brought this result.

What part of statement is not precise?
Fortune favours brave.
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

ammad wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:46 pm
A310 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:50 am

I stand with my statement. This is actually true, families of crash victims are not submitting claims and it was shocking for me to note that there are only three claims submitted so far and the reason was that many of the heirs of victims families don't want this kind of blood money from PIA, very least for now.

For second part: Yes, it is deliberate though not suicidal crash by cockpit crew that can be avoided. Their reckless and deliberate series of actions during final approach eventually brought this result.

What part of statement is not precise?
Apologies for not stating that i was referring to the second part of your statement. Absolutely had no issue with the first part so all good there. You wrote ‘deliberate crash’ without any explanation initially. It sounded way too insensitive. There are members over here who claimed earlier that they couldn’t “mince” their derogatory and insensitive words because that is going to make a difference. Don’t want that kind of energy on this forum.
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

Abbas Ali wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:07 am PK8303: ‘but why...’ — the plane crash survivor’s account

Part One Link: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/733993 ... -s-account

Zafar Masud was one of only two survivors of ill-fated May 22 PIA Airbus A320 (AP-BLD) Lahore-Karachi flight PK8303.

Abbas
Where is the link to second part? Or he did not share his complete account of the experience yet?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PK8303: ‘but why...’ — the plane crash survivor’s account

Part Two Link: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/734503 ... -s-account

Part two published today.

Abbas

See you at:
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

Abbas Ali wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:03 am PK8303: ‘but why...’ — the plane crash survivor’s account

Part Two Link: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/734503 ... -s-account

Part two published today.

Abbas
Thanks!