Unable to book PIA Business Class

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
turbotraker
Registered Member

Re: Unable to book PIA Business Class

Post by turbotraker »

SalamPaks wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:03 am I normally book PIA tickets via American Express Travel, mainly because of the 5 Membership Reward points per dollar earning rate but also because their service is second to none. For instance, whenever things have gone tits up with a PIA flight, Amex has always been able to get them to move me to another carrier. However, for an upcoming trip, PIA didn't come up as a Business Class option on the routes YYZ-KHI-LHE-LHR and LHR-KHI-LHE-LHR no matter what dates I tried on the Amex site, and their agents couldn't come up with anything either.

I also tried the PIA website and couldn't find any Business Class availability even when putting in one way flights. To be clear, Economy and Executive Economy is wide open on all flights but Business class shows as SOLD OUT. I tried several dates from next week through as late as May with no luck. Meanwhile, all of my local Dallas and Houston Desi travel agents are refusing to make any bookings on PIA. I personally think it's a glitch in PIA's reservation system and I wouldn't be surprised if they've loaded Business Class inventory as Executive Economy but I've got no way of finding out for sure. I know there's a few travel agents on this site so if you are able to help me out with this booking I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :)
Sir, I have just recently flown back from Lahore to Manchester on PIA's premium economy (formerly Business class). I have also flown on PIA when it was branded as 'Business Class'.
I can assure you the seats are sold as premium economy but you will be in Business class cabin. Cannot say for all seats, but the three seats my family were sat in, all reclined flat for a very decent sleep. Unfortunately the only entertainment on the screen was the flight map and flight statistics. Out of (I think) 35 seats in the front cabin, only 7 were with passengers and the service from the crew was absolutely fantastic, could not fault their attitude, the smiles, the information. Food is a varied selection on a two tier trolley, you can decide to taste all or some of the dishes and eat as much as you wish.

The ONLY thing that let the cabin down was that it looked a bit dated, some of the seat ends were loose, but I wasn't complaining as I enjoyed the experience so much.