Loss of 35 Billion Rupees Suffered by PIA in Last Eight Months

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Loss of 35 Billion Rupees Suffered by PIA in Last Eight Months

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to DAWN News channel:

During last eight months PIA suffered loss of 35.34 billion rupees. The operating loss during this time period was 24 billion rupees.

September 2017 - loss of more than 2 billion rupees.
October 2017 - loss of more than 4 billion rupees.
November 2017 - loss of 4.51 billion rupees.
December 2017 - loss of more than 5 billion rupees.
January 2018 - loss of 4.25 billion rupees.
February 2018 - loss of 4.63 billion rupees.
March 2018 - loss of 6.16 billion rupees.
April 2018 - loss of more than 4 billion rupees.

The current President & CEO PIA Musharraf Rasool Cyan joined the airline in August/September 2017.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: Loss of 35 Billion Rupees Suffered by PIA in Last Eight Months

Post by Amaad Lone »

Sad.

Nothing but cosmetic changes.

I thought he said revenue was up 30 percent.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
FKhan722
Registered Member

Post by FKhan722 »

I guess by closing the only loss making route of NYC-JFK - they really turned things around :roll: (That was a sarcastic comment only)!!

Sad - Pathetic state of affairs in what was once truly a world class airline!!
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

In the last ten years PIA shut a number of routes under the banner of loss making routes.

The fleet shrank from 2008 when PIA operated around 26 wide bodies to 12 wide bodies in 2018 but the number of employees did not shrink and the continued losses meant more bank loans and higher interest payments.

Along with routes revenue shrank while expenses did not shrink as much.

New York Chicago Houston in North America all big hubs of Pakistani community and PIA could not make money???????

Frankfurt Amsterdam Athens Istanbul Rome reducing Europe to a handful of routes to Paris Milan Barcelona Copenhagen and Oslo, all shut resulting in some reduction in expenses but also revenue.

Today PIA does not have the capacity to make money.

It should be shut down.
P.I.A

fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

The money they have spent on cosmetics, liveries, events, interviews & social media, I wish that could be spent on IFE & Services would be much better.

It’s almost 5 years I want to travel over PIA but I avoid just because of no IFE and irregularities in timings.

But I am sure no one would listen this and they would only do the things they want to.
Connecting Businesses through Travels
uzkt01
Registered Member

Post by uzkt01 »

Installing optimized cabins should be a priority instead of livery. This is what happens when you employ a CEO who knows nothing of aviation. Sorry for saying again and again, but the German CEO was alot better.
Configuring planes in 3-4-3 config is absolutely necessary to keep costs down, considering very competitive regional situation. I would also suggest they install seats (preferably C21,Y450) without IFEs in 77W and use them exclusively on Saudi routes or other trunk routes.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

very competitive regionConfiguring planes in 3-4-3 config is absolutely necessary to keep costs down, considering al situation. I would also suggest they install seats (preferably C21,Y450) without IFEs in 77W and use them exclusively on Saudi routes or other trunk routes.
PIA is having a hard time filling up passengers with 3-3-3 layout what good will it do to add an extra 50 seats.

The Emirates 777 layout is really cramped and not good. An A380 with much wider body flies 3-4-3.

Plus Emirates has good leg space to compensate for the smaller seats plus a state of the art entertainment system.

In PIA the entertainment is look at the ceiling and smell the biryani.
P.I.A

uzkt01
Registered Member

Post by uzkt01 »

PIA planes are not full because ticket prices are higher than competition. By installing more seats ticket prices can be brought down.
I am just saying, I know PIA management will not do anything logical.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

P
IA planes are not full because ticket prices are higher than competition. By installing more seats ticket prices can be brought down.
PIA planes are not full because:

1. Shaheen and Air Blue charge less than PIA to Middle East and domestic.

2. Qatar Emirates Etihad charge more than PIA but are full because of great frequencies to each destination and amazing new fleet with great entertainment on board. PIA has a shitty flight schedule and ZERO on board entertainment and nobody wants to fly PIA.

3. Turkish is the only airline cheaper than PIA.

If PIA flies to Paris three times a week and somebody wants to fly in on Monday for a business meeting and return on Tuesday, well they cannot do it on PIA they can do it on Emirates, Turkish, Etihad or Qatar not PIA.
P.I.A